Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 433847 times)

minax6501 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.22 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #345 on: August 30, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »
My apologies to Cerveza!

I have 100M on a vendor that I owe to you!  (not that I'm sharing...)

=D

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 30, 2009, 08:12:21 PM »
Huh? Oh thought I heard my name...

I suppose the history behind "The Script That Changed UO Forever" should be someplace. Perhaps engraved onto a stone at EA headquarters? :)

SorrowMaster wrote a very slick quest selector that would make stuff and convert it to quest items. Freddy offered to write a free script for whoever got the first 100 posts on his forum. I won that, and asked (as a suggestion from my friend Papa) that he write an interface to rail into and out of Heartwood. He was too busy, so I played with it myself, and got loading beetles and moving around added to SorrowMaster's donation script. It functioned.... barely. The rail was extremely basic and failed far too much. Along comes TrailMyx who mentions in passing that he has a decent rail that would be pretty easy to interface up... understatement... his rail (like his other work) is some of the finest scripting you'll ever find. So suddenly, my little mash of a few scripts with the tidbits that I could add in, was working pretty good. TM started really looking at the project and saw several areas that could be improved, including the OCR recognition of quests. His work really transformed a decent, rail driven heartwood quester into a slick, finished product. Add in TM's incredible looter instead of BM's simple evaluator, and you have perhaps the best written, most game changing script UO has ever seen.

I'm sure I've left out some stuff... but that's the overall. TM, anything to edit/add?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #347 on: August 30, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »
I'm sure I've left out some stuff... but that's the overall. TM, anything to edit/add?

Eloquence as always.  Actually, there was some backstory I didn't even know about.  Cool!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #348 on: August 30, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »

Eloquence as always.  Actually, there was some backstory I didn't even know about.  Cool!

I love things that work correctly out of the box, and I've noticed that about TM's stuff.  Always works as advertised. :)   Thanks for the hard work guys.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #349 on: September 02, 2009, 05:16:14 AM »
So what are the harassment methods being employed by the scripting haters?  I haven't paid much attention to this since I have been fishing nearly 24/7.
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #350 on: September 02, 2009, 06:41:02 AM »
So what are the harassment methods being employed by the scripting haters?  I haven't paid much attention to this since I have been fishing nearly 24/7.

Candelabra's at the heartwood gate.  Gm's are asking non specific question when paged to circumvent Overseer.  Such as, "What color is your armor?"  "Are you there?" "What kind of weapon are you holding?"  And so on... :)  Have you noticed how BARREN heartwood is???  It's an injustice I tell you!

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 02, 2009, 02:55:43 PM »
You know, this is probably the best opportunity for a Turing script ever!  Think of the brainpower we could put into a script to foil these non-predictable questions!

"What color robe are you wearing?"
A: "Ha!  That's a good one!  What color robe are YOU wearing!"
journal scan for _color_ and then repeat the word found after it in the reply

"What weapon are you holding?"
A: "Never ask a man about his weapon!"
journal scan for _weapon_

"What is my name?"
A: "What's in a name, really?"

I could have a blast with this, if someone could code what I think up...

:)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 03, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »
The walking mumbling miner makes random comments to throw off GM's.  It was a good idea, but after a while the GMs had seen the bot enough that they knew what to look for and the comments virtually screamed "I am scripting".  Made it important to personalize the comments.  Probably relevant to your idea too and something that could be built into the setup.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #353 on: September 05, 2009, 01:35:17 PM »
Oh yeh, those walking mumbling scripts always made me laugh.  Think about it.  Do you talk to yourself in game?  Why should the script?  heh.

Anyhow, I have done a few AI question/response scripts.  Unfortunately they are only as good as knowing what questions are asked.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #354 on: September 05, 2009, 04:25:07 PM »
Yup, pretty easy.

New rail, setup resources and target item and the "magic" number to select the correct quest.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline atothezuo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • atothezuo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2009, 10:37:01 AM »
Why wont this run on a freeshard with razor? :( i see the checklist i havent tried but just wondering what the issue is with it

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #356 on: September 09, 2009, 10:40:48 AM »
Most all freeshard implementations of Heartwood are "unofficial" since there is no "official" release of ML content.  So who knows if it'll work on a specific shard since there are lots of differences from shard to shard.  That's why we don't support suggested changes on freeshards.

Now if freeshard designers want to use this script to test their Heartwood implementations and it passes, then they have implemented Heartwood correctly... ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #357 on: September 16, 2009, 01:40:25 AM »
Due to changes in the crafting gump, we'll need to update this script.  As soon as EUO gets updated, I'll get both versions up and running.  Since I'm a very established account on Alexandria, I'll be able to get the script ready to go so when the masses have access to EUO, this script should work fine.

And NO, please don't PM for access to EUO ahead of time. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2009, 08:23:53 PM »
*sings*

Did you ever know that you're my heroooooooo? 

Seriously, though:  I'm already jonesing for a heartwood fix.  Soon, I will have burned through all my oaks and ashes for imbuing training.

How ironic is it that I want to run this script for low end runics?

:)

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
Hey the low end ones came easy in the day but only i was rat holing them away peeps where leaving them on the luna bank floor, on ground in heartwood, and on vendors for pennies.  Well needless to say i had around 1.2 thousand of the oak fletchers kits.