Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 434384 times)

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.26 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #510 on: January 26, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »

Duh Duh Duh! Another one bites the dust! Ba duh duh duh! Another one bites the dust!

And another one gone....

Ok I think you get the point!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Fellers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Fellers has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 30, 2010, 11:49:53 PM »
Lol , off topic. But, NICE apple pad. hahahah
!! UO =D !!

Offline EekAMacro

• Activity:
    0%
  • EekAMacro has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 18, 2010, 07:45:08 AM »
hi there, I wanted to ask something. Since I'm using the quester while also training fletching, I wanted to change the quest type to making crossbows. Now, everything on how I should do it is clear to me, only thing I'd need is the crossbow ID that I should put on setup section in script instead of "WOH"; also I would love to figure out, if anyone can illuminate me, on how one can discover items IDs, thx everybody. ps: sorry 4 my english

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 18, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »
Your English is fine.  When you have an open EUO window, doesn't matter if its running a script, make sure it is on the toon you are using by expanding the "Status Bar" Plus sign in the right side inset window of EUO.  You can confirm that it is the right one when you see that the value for #CHARNAME matches the name of your character. Go ahead and close the Status Bar info by hitting the - sign.  Now open the "Last Action" tab by hitting the associated plus sign.  Under this tab there is a value for #LLiftedType:  The value here will be the item type of the last item you lifted with that character.  Lift up a crossbow and it will give you the item type.  Be sure to use a crafted crossbow, as creature spawned bows sometimes have different item types. 

Post again if you have any more questions. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline EekAMacro

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 18, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
great! thanks! now I have a much more understanding of all this scripting stuff :)

Offline EekAMacro

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 23, 2010, 05:26:45 AM »
ok, just in case anyone here is as ignorant as me in scripting (which I strongly doubt), I'd like to post the modifications of the script if anyone needs changing quest instead of a simple bow, perhaps to train fletching like I did.
First of all, in "setup subs" sections you have to change set %QUEST_A_Simple_Bow 6641256 in:
set %QUEST_Ingenious_Archery_Part_I 18138596
set %QUEST_Ingenious_Archery_Part_II 19715376
set %QUEST_Ingenious_Archery_Part_III 21307596
You obviously know that part I is xbows, II is heavy xbows, III is repeating xbows.

Now just go up and find "Fletching Setup"
Here you can change  "set %string %QUEST_A_Simple_Bow" and write the new quest ID (without the numbers) and then in "set %craftitemchain cat_4-sel_1" you change the last number in "2" for xbows, "3" heavies, "5" repeating (cat 4 means the fourth category in fletching crafting menu, which is weapons, sel_"x" is the selection of the menu on the right)

Now change "set %item WOH" and you have to change the item ID: WOH means bows, JSF means xbows, LMH means heavy xbow, PPO is for repeating.

Don't change craftitemchain tool, I thought I had to put the same number of craftitem chain, and then I found my char with a backpack full of mapmaker tools. Basically, this string identifies makes you craft fletching tools.

I know it may not be so useful, but I just wanted to contribute in some way

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 23, 2010, 06:43:11 AM »
I think that was probably somewhere in this thread already, but I am sure everyone will appreciate you taking the initiative to figure it out and you did a great job explaining it. 

Nice work!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Belthon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Belthon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 27, 2010, 02:01:16 PM »
Wow.....just WoW  :o

When I last dabbled in scripts  it was impressive to have it pull resources out of a secure, people started posting rails and it warped my mind.  It took me about an hour and a half to get this working for me but when it did....whoa.. thats impressive.

..all though it loots so fast and the trash can empties so fast, if it ever got a runic and trashed it I probally would miss it.  It is supposed to hold the runic kits right? 

.. /tosses another round of applause
thanks for this

Post Merge: February 27, 2010, 03:45:12 PM
nm..........chalk up one oak runic kit ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 03:45:12 PM by Belthon »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 28, 2010, 04:15:30 AM »
Wow.....just WoW  :o

It took me about an hour and a half to get this working for me but when it did....whoa.. thats impressive.

.. /tosses another round of applause
thanks for this

Post Merge: February 27, 2010, 03:45:12 PM
nm..........chalk up one oak runic kit ::)

I am gonna toss you a round of applause...an hour and a half and YOU got it working for yourself. I sure wish the multitudes would try to do the same before they come here and cry!!!  +1 Karma for you sir!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Belthon

• Activity:
    0%
  • Belthon has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 28, 2010, 04:01:47 PM »
Nah, I'm sure it was just dumb luck...it started comming back to me a tad...not that I could ever write any decent script, but used to play around modifying them some.  But thanks  ;D

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
alright, burned through 35k in boards and it was working fine, now for some reason when it marks the items as a quest item, it marks all ten but for some reason the i still get the gump that says you dont have enough of the items come back when u do, or something like that.  i unmarked a bow then remarked it and it accepted them.  Its the simple bow quest, osi shard. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 11:21:26 AM by Hoby »
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #521 on: April 06, 2010, 07:31:19 PM »
Everyone will find that the quester no longer works with the last patch.  I've got it fixed, but it's under test now in Elite.  Stay tuned.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.27 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #522 on: April 07, 2010, 08:11:21 AM »
Updated to use the new craft gump and also addressed the changes in location of the quest text information.

Look for version 1.27
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Nidael

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Nidael has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 04, 2010, 09:10:46 PM »
good post! :)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 05, 2010, 04:02:17 AM »
good post! :)

Not a good post!!! Try reading the site rules and posting up a real introduction.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.