Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 435131 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.22 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2009, 09:49:37 AM »
OCR
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline crameep

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • crameep has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2009, 09:54:16 AM »
Got the number, still not sure on what to do the this comma, it passes up the quest every time.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2009, 10:43:06 AM »
That's one of the reasons why we don't support the quester on freeshards.  The spelling of that particular gump is different vs. OSI, so the "magic number" computed will also be different.  The best thing I can tell you is to located the OCR handler in the quester and single step the computation routine to see what numbers are passed back, and when you get to the right quest selection, make a note of the resulting "magic number".  This will be the one you can use to select the quest for your particular shard.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline crameep

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »
Way ahead of you buddy, got that already, but .. can I leave the text out? or do I use the comma? Not sure what to do on this side, I can do the legwork just asking for a little help :)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2009, 07:45:50 PM »
Ah, good deal.  You can name it whatever you want.  All you needed was that nember. :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline crameep

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2009, 08:00:17 PM »
Ah, i thought that it searched for the string of text you put in ;(

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2009, 10:06:14 PM »
Ah, i thought that it searched for the string of text you put in ;(

Nope nope.  It's just a variable.  All the needed information is included in that integer value that's returned.  Glad you figured it out; not many others will even take the time to think through "why" it works.  Kudos to ya!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline crameep

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2009, 08:58:20 AM »
Yeah, got it working, very well I might add, i just added some lines that spits out the "Magic Number" as event sysmessage. Simple enough

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 10, 2009, 09:09:47 PM »
Great script. I ran it through 10K boards and got a yew and an ash kit.  I wonder if I can play with the scroll checker variables and keep a few more scrolls?  I found the variable, just wonder what your thougts are on whether adding a few would screw up the cycle. 

Very impressive -- and the CLAw is really a work of art.

Nice work.

-P
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2009, 09:13:32 PM »
Very impressive -- and the CLAw is really a work of art.

Just wait until you get your mitts on the CLAw FULL version.   Right now, the CLAw LITE is using only OR logic, but the FULL version can parse expressions with AND, OR, NOT and OMIT logic.  Talk about specific.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »
It runs great for me, I noticed a lot(4 one night) of people using the default rail on Atlantic.  I didn't want to be one of them so I spent the time to make a new rail.  I am sure anyone who spends the time making making a new rail will figure out you still need to end up within dumping distance of the trash can(I think its 3 tiles or less).  The only problems I have had was when my runes got blocked, by someone camping at the heartwood gate, or getting killed by the invasion spawn.  I played around with the lethal dart quest but it is on a timer of about 2 mins unless you do any other heartwood quest. 

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2009, 10:35:32 AM »
It's good to hear that. Making your own adaptations make the script seem less Twinkle McNugget to people watching.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2009, 10:41:01 AM »
It runs great for me, I noticed a lot(4 one night) of people using the default rail on Atlantic.  I didn't want to be one of them so I spent the time to make a new rail.  I am sure anyone who spends the time making making a new rail will figure out you still need to end up within dumping distance of the trash can(I think its 3 tiles or less).  The only problems I have had was when my runes got blocked, by someone camping at the heartwood gate, or getting killed by the invasion spawn.  I played around with the lethal dart quest but it is on a timer of about 2 mins unless you do any other heartwood quest. 

Ya, the lethal darts quest is one that everyone wants to do, but with that timer, it just doesn't make sense.  2 minutes for that vs. 32 seconds for the carpentry quest.  If you are out for kits, then it makes NOOOO sense to make darts unless you have a matchbox for a wood pile.  lol

Anyhow, I agree with Cerveza and congratulate you for the initiative.  It drives me nuts to walk into heartwood and find 6 bugs parked on the same spot.

If you look a bit deeper into the script, since it uses my Runebook subs, you can have a range of runes to use to get into heartwood.  ;)  A hint for the enlightened.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2009, 11:12:16 AM »
Pet killer, I was one of the four of us last night on Atlantic. I was walking off of the end of the rail from time to time and I watched it run for 90% of my three or four runs.  I thought the same thing about the rail end point and will make a new rail as well.  I didn't have time today, so I put off doing the runs until I can finish looking over the code.

Can you confirm which side of the heartwood gate I should start the rail from?  I was looking to see whether the rail starts on the Yew side of the gate or if the gate jump is built into the script.

I also looked over the thread for the previous version and there is some good info in there about coding in the different quests. My fletcher is not gm yet, so I am thinking of switching to the heavy crossbow quest. 

As I watched the quest selection I also wondered if it would speed things up to already have a couple of the quests you are not working on. I think it could put you in a loop if you pull them from the wrong NPC, so it might not be worth doing.

Fun stuff. Thanks again TM!!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 11:14:19 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2009, 11:26:11 AM »
definitely the south side.  If you do a custom rail that doesn't have a 1st waypoint, then you don't need to worry about where you need to put your rune location.  The basic rail has a waypoint outside (and right to the south of the gate), so that's why you are required to have your rune to the south.  Actually, the other rail I posted doesn't have that 1st waypoint, so that rail works N,S,E and W.
Come play RIFT with me!