Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 433815 times)

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hollywood_Shono has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.21 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2009, 05:58:11 AM »
You have to locate the line that sets %label_trinket and change it to hw_newtrinket

i've changed this and played with it and asked friends i still cant get this rail to work... i just gate a rail failure error soon as he gates to heartwood........... I do not understand :(

i even copy and pasted the new trail under the old railed document hopen that would work and it sitll failed
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:06:08 AM by Hollywood_Shono »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.22 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2009, 06:08:04 AM »
Go back to page 1 of these posts. Follow ALL the instructions there. Once that is done, run everything. Then come back here and post a reply with what exactly happened. Not "it doesn't work" but a detailed explanation of what you did to set up the script and what occurred when it failed.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2009, 06:14:23 AM »
Running it normally runs fine... But he has another rail written to go further down to to the other heartwood saw person which I'd like to use. But just cant get to work here it is..

Okay what I am trying to do is use TM's other rail script that goes down to heartwood to do the carpentry quest.... He gave me the link which is on page to. Told me to put that in the folder. He then says "You have to locate the line that sets %label_trinket and change it to hw_newtrinket"

Which i have done now when i run the script he gates to outside of heartwood and gets a rail fail error pop up on his screen.

now i've played with this changed changed reinstalled it done it over and over again...
Then I thought oh well maybe if i just copy and paste the new rail into the old rail change the Hw_Trinket to Hw_NewTrinket it may work but it didnt it just went to the old rail some how sitll.... all I am trying to do is make it so teh rail go to Cialia The Harbormist instead of the other one....
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 06:23:40 AM by Hollywood_Shono »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2009, 06:34:59 AM »
I think I remember mention of where your landing spot is for your recall to the Heartwood gate... search back through here and see if you can find it.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2009, 06:49:10 AM »
What does my landing spot have to do with it?

It gates a few steps west of teh heartwood gate like normal. The Regular HW_Trinket script works... it walks into heartwood accepts the quests tu rns it in etc.....

I am trying use TM other HW_Newtrinket script which goes to a differnt npc to do the quest. Basically I've changed everything TM said to do but it fails to recognize it so it just stops after gating at the heartwood entrance......

I just need someone else to test this to see if they are having the same problem or its just me that is doing something wrong.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2009, 07:02:50 AM »
i just gate a rail failure error soon as he gates to heartwood.......

Perhaps I don't fully understand where your failure is occurring. You first mentioned "i just gate a rail failure error soon as he gates to heardwood" which leads me to believe your error is occurring outside Heartwood prior to taking the gate in.

Now you say "what does my landing spot have to do with it?" and you mention the regular rail works fine. Well it is a different rail, so it might need a different landing spot to begin.

Again, please just answer this simple question.... You recall to the Heartwood gate, and what happens? Do you actually move to the Heartwood entrance gate and go down to heartwood? Or does it just freeze up at your landing spot?

BTW, it's impossible to know tones in posts, but this statement "What does my landing spot have to do with it?" kind of strikes me as an abusive tone. Is it?

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2009, 07:33:47 AM »
i just gate a rail failure error soon as he gates to heartwood.......

Perhaps I don't fully understand where your failure is occurring. You first mentioned "i just gate a rail failure error soon as he gates to heardwood" which leads me to believe your error is occurring outside Heartwood prior to taking the gate in.

Now you say "what does my landing spot have to do with it?" and you mention the regular rail works fine. Well it is a different rail, so it might need a different landing spot to begin.

Again, please just answer this simple question.... You recall to the Heartwood gate, and what happens? Do you actually move to the Heartwood entrance gate and go down to heartwood? Or does it just freeze up at your landing spot?

BTW, it's impossible to know tones in posts, but this statement "What does my landing spot have to do with it?" kind of strikes me as an abusive tone. Is it?

No, no no abusive tone. Sorry to make it sound like that just agervating alright. If I run the current scripts that are posted it runs perfectly fine.... Sets the secure, Gates To Entrance, Goes Down There, Does The Quest, Returns, Rinse Repeat...

But i asked Tm about another railing going to Ciala The Arbormist he said he had a script already written for that but it wasnt added to this version. The link is here:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=945.0

What he told me to make it work was to  locate the line that sets %label_trinket and change it to hw_newtrinket

Which I believe I have done. So Now when I Run this script... everything works except it goes to the heartwood entrance and imeditally gets the error Rail Fail pops up and stop the script from worken..

Are you saying I should make my rune spot farther back that could screwing it up... I figured it it did work and that was the case he would just run past the entrance or to a differnt spot which would make sense about the land marking... So my question is if you can test this for me and see if you can get it to work maybe im missing a label change in it I dont know i've looked through the whole thing and still get the issue.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2009, 08:36:25 AM »
Unfortunately, I can't test it from here.

The failure is at the outer gate to Heartwood, then it seems to be an actual rail issue. To test the landing spot, just mark a different rune to the opposite side of the Heartwood gate and see if you get the exact same thing.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2009, 09:44:13 AM »
Well, there's on big problem.  It still should work for you, though.  the original additional rail I posted was the wrong one.  I just can't imagine that anyone didn't let me know about that.  It works, but doesn't take you down to the other area.  This posted one is better because it doesn't require you to be south of the "sparkle".

I will add this other rail to the post.

Specifically, you need to change your code to look like the following (starting at line 93):

Code: [Select]
if %use_custom_rails = #FALSE
{
  set %railbowcraft hw_bowcraft.txt  ; label = hw_bowcraft index=0
  set %railtrinket hw_trinket2.txt    ; label = hw_trinket  index=1
  set %label_bowcraft hw_bowcraft
  set %label_trinket hw_trinket_2
}

Note the changes to %railtrinket and %label_trinket.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2009, 10:05:17 AM »
Well, there's on big problem.  It still should work for you, though.  the original additional rail I posted was the wrong one.  I just can't imagine that anyone didn't let me know about that.  It works, but doesn't take you down to the other area.  This posted one is better because it doesn't require you to be south of the "sparkle".

I will add this other rail to the post.

Specifically, you need to change your code to look like the following (starting at line 93):

Code: [Select]
if %use_custom_rails = #FALSE
{
  set %railbowcraft hw_bowcraft.txt  ; label = hw_bowcraft index=0
  set %railtrinket hw_trinket2.txt    ; label = hw_trinket  index=1
  set %label_bowcraft hw_bowcraft
  set %label_trinket hw_trinket_2
}

Note the changes to %railtrinket and %label_trinket.

Okay so if i change what yout saying on line 93....

Do I also change all the %label_Trinket to %label_Hw_Newtrinket...          let me know what i need to do please or if you could just change the main downloads to use this rail it be easier for everyone I would think either way inform me of what needs to be done again sorry to be confused.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
make you section starting at line 93 look like what i posted.  you will be changing 2 lines.  best is just to past over the same section with what i posted.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »
make you section starting at line 93 look like what i posted.  you will be changing 2 lines.  best is just to past over the same section with what i posted.

Do i delate the first hw_Trinket that came with the script and just the the Hw_newtrinket in the folder is what im asking do i have to change all the name or just change line 93 with what you previously posted

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2009, 04:47:44 PM »
just make sure you have copied the rail to the same location as the other ones.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2009, 09:33:13 AM »
just make sure you have copied the rail to the same location as the other ones.

What do you mean by this TM? Make sure I have copied the rail to the same location as the otehr ones. Can you give me an example please. Im just confused I changed the line 93. to what you wanted it. I have the new rail you had gave me with that link. Now what am I doing from their?

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »
Ahh i see you added a new rail to the old link okay im going to try that

my one other question is how can i go about changing the entrance to heartwood... so I can run multiple clients going into there... Right now there right into each others gates and its getting screwed up if i try and run two at a time?

Can you teach me how to change the cordinates so instead of entering the west side it goes in the east side etc..