Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 434411 times)

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hollywood_Shono has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.22 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2009, 09:44:58 AM »
Okay your rail acutally goes around instead of straight there. So that works one problem its trying to click Aniel to get the quest I need to it go click Ciala. How do i change the npc id or where is it located in the script?

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »
Hollywood, you've got some pretty specific requirements, and I really think you just need to keep working at it an figure it out yourself.  You just have to look at the script and you'll get your questions answered.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2009, 10:19:13 AM »
Here's a hint for the vendor thing.  Investigate what you might need to change this line to:

set %vendortype trinket , #spc , weaver$arborist$
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2009, 11:54:32 AM »
Here's a hint for the vendor thing.  Investigate what you might need to change this line to:

TM thats acutally the exact line i've been looking at... I found the Property for Ciala the$Arbormist i didnt weather to copy that property into were it says weaver$arborist$ .........orr the #spc is that acutally id Number of the vendor.... If so How do I get the right ID Number i tried doing last target on Cialia but that didnt give me it....  Im guessing weaver$arborist$ is just looking for the arborist and the SPC is there ID.... could you tell me at least where in easyuo I would find the ID then i can try and search up how to get that id to show up for Cialia...

Thanks for the help.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2009, 12:08:30 PM »
This script doesn't use IDs, it looks for the name and determines the id.    Things you have to ask yourself is:

"What's that #SPC thingy anyhow and why is TM using it?"

and how do I make "Cialia the trinket weaver" compatible with EUO, especially when the clue you're looking for is included in the line already there:

Code: [Select]

I'm going to make you figure this one out.....
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »
This script doesn't use IDs, it looks for the name and determines the id.    Things you have to ask yourself is:

"What's that #SPC thingy anyhow and why is TM using it?"

and how do I make "Cialia the trinket weaver" compatible with EUO, especially when the clue you're looking for is included in the line already there:

Code: [Select]

I'm going to make you figure this one out.....

Okay found out #spc is a constant that represents teh space on on your keyboard or in the code....

I found out that the vendor Ciala isn't a trinket weaver... its just an arborist.. so im guessing i just change the it to set %vendortype arborist, #spc , weaver$arborist$

Buy then it still doesnt know weaither to go to Ciala or Aniel since they are both arborists

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2009, 01:55:08 PM »

Buy then it still doesnt know weaither to go to Ciala or Aniel since they are both arborists

But what happens when you describe her full name and title while using #SPC for spaces?  :)

Think about what her name is and what she does and compare it to the way the script is already written.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2009, 02:13:50 PM »

But what happens when you describe her full name and title while using #SPC for spaces?  :)

Think about what her name is and what she does and compare it to the way the script is already written.

I tried that

set %vendortype Ciala #spc the #spc arborist , #spc , weaver$arborist$

and it said vendor can not be found so then i went
set %vendortype Ciala #spc , the #spc , arborist , #spc , weaver$arborist$

Same msg so im gona try it all one word see what happens..

tried set %vendortype Ciala #spc, weaver$arborist$

set %vendortype Ciala#spcthe#spcarborist , #spc , weaver$arborist$ of course that one failed i expected....

trying set %vendortype arborist , #spc , weaver$arborist$ see if that works

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 02:22:50 PM by Hollywood_Shono »

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »

Her is Ciala she is the Arborist  umm The script looks for weavers and arborists...

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2009, 02:27:31 PM »

Her is Ciala she is the Arborist  umm The script looks for weavers and arborists...

wait is it! Ciala #Spc , Trinket #spc ,!? *Failed*

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2009, 02:34:42 PM »
Well, there's a couple ways to approach it.  Right now the script is looking for all Weavers *AND* all Arborists.  What happens if you just get rid of the offending one? (i.e. separated by "$")

I'm trying to get you to look at the code and see how that actually works.  Once you realize that these scripts aren't powered by magic is when you'll realize you can actually tweak them to do your own bidding.

Just have to think about it a little bit.  I'm not gonna give you the answer. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »
Well, there's a couple ways to approach it.  Right now the script is looking for all Weavers *AND* all Arborists.  What happens if you just get rid of the offending one? (i.e. separated by "$")

I'm trying to get you to look at the code and see how that actually works.  Once you realize that these scripts aren't powered by magic is when you'll realize you can actually tweak them to do your own bidding.

Im trying i really am i've been screwing with it over and over...

I tried doing it this way  Set %vendortype trinket , #spc , Ciala , #spc the , #spc arborist , #spc , weaver$arborist

So are you saying just go  Set %vendortype trinket Ciala$     or Set %vendortype trinket , #spc , Ciala , #spc the , #spc Arborist

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2009, 02:39:00 PM »
Also, before you start just trying things to see if they work, you might try to understand what the comma operator is doing, and how you are building a string.  Try to convince yourself that:

this is a test
is the same as
this , #SPC , is , #SPC , a , #SPC , test

and that
this is a test
is NOT the same as
this is , #SPC , a test.

(EUO speaking that is.)
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »

So are you saying just go  Set %vendortype trinket Ciala$     or Set %vendortype trinket , #spc , Ciala , #spc the , #spc Arborist

What I'm saying is take a look at the function that is utilizing the value contained within %vendortype and try to understand what the function is doing.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Hollywood_Shono

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2009, 02:43:21 PM »

Just have to think about it a little bit.  I'm not gonna give you the answer. 

If i just run set %vendortype trinket , #spc , arborist$

it fails to find any vendor