Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 434638 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #765 on: March 10, 2013, 07:34:36 AM »
You must be playing a freeshard.  The bolt quest is worthless on OSI due to the timer, so all those bells and whistles are required to make it useful for the general masses.  For those people,this is a set and forget kind of script.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ganesh89

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Ganesh89 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 23, 2013, 07:39:49 PM »
****And-the-Gate-wars have just begun...."

Hey TM

Just started using this....works flawless except I got some haters on my tail....(places bagballs in the way) and stands on my recall spot. So I designed my own rail (recalls into the yew tree....and walks up to the gate from there). The bagball problem I fixed with another account picking them up (reconfigured a simple reg picker). The hater has upgraded the tactics too tough....places now 200 logs into the bagballs so my picker can't move anymore. Which leads me to 2 questions:

1. I read about a quester 2.0 which allows alternate recall points...couldn't find it...probably my bad since I am busy altering the script in order to win the "Heartwood-Gate-Wars" any pointer would be very much appreciated.

2. Since the hater actually places the bag right on top of the gate and therefore blocking it from any access, simplest solution would be just to grab them and move them a tile away. Any pointers how this could be accomplished? Running my modified picker at same time as the hw-quester messes up my rail...plus I was tinking it's actually quite nice by the hater to bring me logs for my quest :) and I really would like to convert them to boards and take them along :)

3. I noticed in the travel sub there is an outgoing part of hw as well which calls up the same rail as the ingoing (running backwards), tried to modify that part into using another rail with another label but probably messed up with the %setrail function. A little pointer would be very helpful.

I am new to using scripts but with your PDF on rail-design and your other comments I got this to work fairly well. To all others (yes i read all 52 posts) CUSTOMIZE your rails!!! Nothing more stupid than 8 chars runing more or less on top of each other into HW!!! All a hater needs are 2 bagballs and your out of business :)!

Tx again for all the hard work that went into making this possible!!

G

Offline vikesrock

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • vikesrock has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 21, 2013, 02:20:58 PM »
Hey, just wanted to drop a short note and say thanks to TM and all the others who made this script.  The script is fantastic and I appreciate everyone's effort and the kindness to share it with everyone else.  Thank you.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 25, 2013, 06:56:55 PM »
Do any of you guy have issue with not opening the  quest bag,  I need to open the reward bag because the script can't.  I have check to ensure I have the right ID.   It the only part that is broken right now, been like this for 3 weeks now.  any help will be nice.   Thx   

I have read few post back and haven't seen anything.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #769 on: April 26, 2013, 08:05:56 AM »
****And-the-Gate-wars have just begun...."

Hey TM

Just started using this....works flawless except I got some haters on my tail....(places bagballs in the way) and stands on my recall spot. So I designed my own rail (recalls into the yew tree....and walks up to the gate from there). The bagball problem I fixed with another account picking them up (reconfigured a simple reg picker). The hater has upgraded the tactics too tough....places now 200 logs into the bagballs so my picker can't move anymore. Which leads me to 2 questions:

1. I read about a quester 2.0 which allows alternate recall points...couldn't find it...probably my bad since I am busy altering the script in order to win the "Heartwood-Gate-Wars" any pointer would be very much appreciated.

2. Since the hater actually places the bag right on top of the gate and therefore blocking it from any access, simplest solution would be just to grab them and move them a tile away. Any pointers how this could be accomplished? Running my modified picker at same time as the hw-quester messes up my rail...plus I was tinking it's actually quite nice by the hater to bring me logs for my quest :) and I really would like to convert them to boards and take them along :)  

3. I noticed in the travel sub there is an outgoing part of hw as well which calls up the same rail as the ingoing (running backwards), tried to modify that part into using another rail with another label but probably messed up with the %setrail function. A little pointer would be very helpful.

I am new to using scripts but with your PDF on rail-design and your other comments I got this to work fairly well. To all others (yes i read all 52 posts) CUSTOMIZE your rails!!! Nothing more stupid than 8 chars runing more or less on top of each other into HW!!! All a hater needs are 2 bagballs and your out of business :)!

Tx again for all the hard work that went into making this possible!!

G

The 2.0 quester is still only available to the Elites here at SUO.  There's no plans to release it at the moment.  Who knows what Christmas will bring however.  ;)

You should be able to mark a rune fairly far away from the gate in another direction, and the script will pathfind you to the gate.  This doesn't fix your bagball issue though.  For that you'll need to add a sub that scans the area for bagballs, and if one is located at the coordinates of the gate, you'll want to pathfind to the gate, drag/drop the bagball, and continue with the heartwood rail.  Not difficult, but it would require some additional code to fix.  It's funny that people don't mind breaking the TOS in order to harass people with bagballs (i.e. griefing.)

Heartwood rails are kinda difficult because the entrypoints/endpoints are not location railpoints, but actually looking for a particular object (i.e. "the sparkles") to get a location to rail toward.  You could put a separate entry and exit rail in, but you'll have to experiment with that.  It's never perfect for me either, so I always end up having to play with getting it right.  Just keep working on it and I'm sure you'll get it.  Just remember that the separate exit rail will be running forward instead of backwards.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 08:07:40 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
  • Respect: +4
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 04, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »
looking for some help.... recently the script picks wrong quests..Carp and fletch...i have used this script forever and recently added Tm's CLaw as well  ..however since last patch it hangs up once it has picked the wrong quests..i checked previous posts for a fix but havent read anything ..am i missing something?..im usually pretty good at finding and fixing so not to bother..however this has me stumped

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #771 on: May 04, 2013, 08:39:02 PM »
Are you playing osi, Ozzy?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 05, 2013, 12:47:51 AM »
yes i am

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 05, 2013, 03:54:02 AM »
hey TM since server up its working flawlessly Knock on Wood......guess my pc's were just trippin

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 05, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »
TM,   Been trying to find why the reward bag, wont open in my mainpack.  Been like this for a while now.  Nothing new on my PC except a few UO patch.  I play OSI.  You think you can help me out and point me to the right direction.  thx lot

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #775 on: May 05, 2013, 01:26:11 PM »
Have you tried to go through the setup again?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 05, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »
I reload the set up, try other shard.   haven't try to download or other PC.   Let try my other machine,

Offline Ozzy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Ozzy has no influence.
  • My Boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 05, 2013, 06:37:41 PM »
Something is still up with mine ran 4 hours no prob.. then started pickin wrong quests again ..cant for the life of me figure out why it starts screwin up so many hours into it

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 05, 2013, 07:27:54 PM »
  It's a good idea to restart client and script every so often especially the larger more complex ones.

Offline bfs

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • bfs has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 08, 2013, 05:47:12 AM »
on the setup by manually opening beetle actually fixed the problem and its running smooth!!
thank you for this excellent script!!!  :) :) 

*currently running on  7.0.30.3 ver. without any problem. rail works perfect too. I will post result on other thread as well.