Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 433742 times)

Offline jenovauh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jenovauh has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #825 on: July 02, 2013, 03:43:50 AM »
I was going to recommend that, so I'm glad that actually worked.  Anyhow, you'll need the magic number for that quest and adjust the click locations for the craftitem sub.  I'm traveling at the moment so I can't get more specific from my tablet.

Hi TrailMyx, can I know is it possible to add sub to check the entrance/exit of Heartwood before zoning in and out? And pick up the wooden container that block the entrance/exit. Thanks again for the trouble.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #826 on: July 02, 2013, 06:07:31 AM »
Hi TrailMyx, can I know is it possible to add sub to check the entrance/exit of Heartwood before zoning in and out? And pick up the wooden container that block the entrance/exit. Thanks again for the trouble.

Sure, anything is possible.  I remember discussion somewhere in this thread about someone wanting to remove bagballs placed around the heartwood portal.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline jenovauh

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 03, 2013, 01:41:21 AM »

Sure, anything is possible.  I remember discussion somewhere in this thread about someone wanting to remove bagballs placed around the heartwood portal.

Yes i read about it, only discussion. It was not release and also need some high level scripting to edit the rail to make it work. I am pretty sure I cannot make it lol.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #828 on: July 03, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
It would take some work for sure.  The rail engine is working in blocking mode, so it would take some significant re-writing to make it so the script can run additional code while it rails.  I guess another thing that you could do is write a small script that runs independently of the quester that's just looking for objects on the ground to grab that might block you.   Problem there is draging while you're moving will cause client crashes at an alarming rate. 

So lots of things to try.  Good way to learn to script!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:24 PM »
Which shard is the gate block.   U can always recall before u start ur run.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 03, 2013, 04:13:20 PM »
Good idea, thats what I was doing before starting. I usually stay semi-attended on this script anyways since it has to run without being covered.

Offline jenovauh

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 04, 2013, 01:36:13 AM »
Good idea, thats what I was doing before starting. I usually stay semi-attended on this script anyways since it has to run without being covered.

That fellow is too free to put stuff to block the gate before and after zoning, recall does not help anything as either you cannot enter or exit through the gate.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 04, 2013, 05:16:43 AM »
Just write a quick 2nd script that scans for blocking items at a certain X/Y location or maybe define a square around the gate by giving a range instead.  When it finds such an item you know someone is messing with you so IMO ultimately you really don't want to be scripting AFK so I'd just have it play a sound file to alert me & maybe display a message telling me what time it happened or some such..    That's what I did at least when some stealther pulled that stuff, but just admit to yourself that if someone is there to mess with you they will be able to outsmart a script & succeed heh.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 04, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
Is their something is the CoC that said that interfering with player play or any harassment form is illegal.   If you are running the quest often enough, I'm sure you can record the person putting the box their. 

The use of 5 pack horses is better, since you recall/ move less.  In my book anyway :)

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 04, 2013, 03:54:59 PM »
Is their something is the CoC that said that interfering with player play or any harassment form is illegal.   If you are running the quest often enough, I'm sure you can record the person putting the box their. 

The use of 5 pack horses is better, since you recall/ move less.  In my book anyway :)

Problem is that you are running a script which is illegal in and of itself. Were you to page a GM to complain about it you would no doubt end up in trouble yourself.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline jenovauh

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 04, 2013, 09:59:42 PM »
Thanks for all the advises guys, I will see what is the best I write to counter this. Anyway I do not AFK running the script, so that player can not do anything about me but I think the other player who run the script might have problem lol. He is doing heartwood quest run but with like 4-6 accounts, the script seem to be difference from this one. Many time I saw all his runner just wait the the entrance cause it was blocked. Once I remove the blocked item, all the accounts run into the portal.

By the way anyone saw any script pattern as below before?

He will have a main account stationed at the quest NPC location ( maybe just scroll to the quest and turn in, cause I did not hear any sound  crafting any item), then about 3-5 accounts with character have a naming convention of "help XXX" ( all of those toon will recall to heartwood entrance and zone in, "running" on horse to the main account, then after sometime they will run to the trash bin without stopping and path to exit of quest wood, then it recall away and come back again.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 15, 2013, 03:52:25 PM »
So there I was. Having just run a lumberjacking script for the last 2 weeks I had a crapload of boards to burn through. So I thought to myself "Self, we should run the Heartwood Quester. That would get rid of some of these boards and generate some phat lewtz at the same time."

Please imagine my consternation when I went to get everything set up and could not find my carpentry skill. Anywhere. On any stone or any character! I know I had GM Carpentry, I have run the quester in the past many, many times.

*sad trombone*

I suppose I let the stone decay, lost it, or maybe set that skill to go down :'(

Oh well, now I have something to do with those boards.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #837 on: July 15, 2013, 03:55:08 PM »
Fortunately you can GM carpentry fairly easy...  But nobody likes a change of plans..
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 15, 2013, 06:49:45 PM »
WIth CEO Carpentry and 72K board you can have Gm Carpentry in less then 24 Hrs.  Same think happen with Lockpicking, Tailor and magic resist  Would think that I will learn the first time.  Never click the continue option.  :)  that what I have retain form that.

Offline Bookwyrm

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 16, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »
WIth CEO Carpentry and 72K board you can have Gm Carpentry in less then 24 Hrs. 

Was less than 12 hours actually. ;)