Author Topic: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman  (Read 460976 times)

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • CityKitty has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: TrailMyx's Full Auto Fisherman
« Reply #1140 on: April 29, 2022, 09:34:23 AM »
The random number generator has always been VERY strange on OSI.  There was once the 8x8 trick where you could chase gains by sailing north once you start a run.  It was kinda fun - I miss those days.  Glad the script is still working well.  I use it constantly on the freeshard VnV.

Found another run that was almost as good and finished up in no time. Very fun script and very stable. Never had a single problem with it. Well done! Oh yah I remember 8x8! Worked ok until you had to start dodging all those piles of chest junk left around. Was amazing when you caught a good line.
If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: April 29, 2022, 10:22:30 AM »
Good tip! I have a little archer I've decided to put fishing on and I will try out this method for sure! Thanks so much!

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 27, 2022, 08:51:02 AM »
Read through that entire thread, there was something that needed a simple update (a dependency) and it works like a champ, i know i starting using it again last year and had to read through to find the fix to properly label, but i can tell you for sure it works as before, and have fished up a couple hundred sos with no issues.

I'm getting the same error using a bow. What did you do to make it work, if I may ask? I'm really stumped and have been for days. I have a mage-fisher but really love playing with the bow. Help appreciated!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 27, 2022, 10:55:49 PM »
While we were discussing this over in the CLAW thread, here is the code to fix the bow issues and being able to equip or unequip it in this post:
http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=41.msg122550#msg122550

Notice that there is only 1 kind of bow defined in the original. I mention adding whatever bow type the user was trying to equip and it is hard coded in the routine rather than a more generally used variable. There is still the logic about whether a weapon is right vs. left handed that needs to be included when updating for other weapon types.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline CityKitty

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 01, 2022, 01:59:17 PM »
Lovely! I will go give this a try right away. Now, anything fixable in the area of quivers or with fishing poles with spell channeling?

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 02, 2022, 01:59:57 PM »
I use a fishing pole with spell channeling. I use magery (not archery), but swap spellbooks to battle the sea serpents and water elementals with my fishing pole. I doubt that spell channeling has anything to do with an issue. I should make up a character to test all this out. I started to, but discovered my fisher was on a different shard from my crafter to make the bows... then I got distracted...
;)

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 26, 2023, 07:42:41 AM »
This script is what keeps me loving fishing!!
Lately it does not loot the scales even though they are checked.
it makes reference to something in my hands and the scales always get left behind.
Anyone know where i can make the adjustment to have the script also grab the scale succesfully?

seems like a timing issue to me

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #1147 on: January 26, 2023, 08:37:43 AM »
Double-check the item id (type) of the scales.  They may have changed like some of the other fishing things.  Scales aren't handled any differently that other items, so if other things work, then scales should assuming the TYPE is correct.  Presently the scales TYPE is found in this line:  FINDTYPE = STO

Code: easyuo
  1. set %id_scales STO_
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:43:08 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 26, 2023, 12:40:23 PM »
Thanks TM!
That was the first thing i checked and it is accurate. says my hands are too busy and it always misses that item.

UGH! :)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: January 26, 2023, 01:23:37 PM »
Do you have more than one thing running that could do drag-drop exevents? That could interfere with the game thinking you are carrying something.

I think that delay is between 'exevent drag' actions. I have had some timing issues where I actually was trying to move items as fast as possible. The 'exevent drag/drop' functions need about 1 second between actions. Lots of code examples show different ways to implement it, from no wait between the drag/drop and then a full second after or including a variety of waiting times ("drag; wait 5; drop; wait 15" vs "drag; wait 10; drop; wait 10"). Whichever you pick to implement is simply superstition. ;)

What is important is to complete the transaction and not have something not dropped (so the game thinks it is STILL in your hand).

I did a lot of testing and discovered that if I tried to drag something and got a denial message, I could issue a new 'exevent drop' and try to drag again. My ping times usually ran in the 50-100ms range when I did this testing. I could do drag/drop operations in as little as .85 seconds and as slow as 1.2 seconds. The average was about 1.05 seconds. That is 1 EUO timeslice above 1 second. So that 1 second rule of thumb is pretty good.

If you are having a slow time to your server, you might be able to:
1) slow down the drag/drop slightly (wait 20 = 1 second) or you can issue the statement "exevent dropc [container]" just before the "exevent drag" statement. If it turns out there is nothing in your hand, then the game doesn't even complain. It would send an extra packet or so to the server, but it increases the success rate of drag/drop significantly.

Increasing the wait time for drag/drops here while fishing is not the end of the world. After all, it takes like 6-8 seconds between casts. You can get a lot of things done in that window before casting again.

The item types that changed in game were the MIB's and the sea serpent steaks. Make sure both of those are correct.

Offline Piller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: January 26, 2023, 03:04:39 PM »
Is fishing still a viable skill to spend time scripting? When I looked it up it seemed that all the items were outdated and not worth much, not sure if im missing something.

Patch 115 announced a fishing pole that does not catch footwear. 

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: January 26, 2023, 04:44:08 PM »
beauty is in the eye of the beholder - fishing allows me to acquire a crafting reagent :O

Thanks Gaderian!! i will try and decipher what you meant! :)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: January 27, 2023, 09:55:15 AM »
Grunt man, if you need more specifics let me know. There is a fine line between respect, condescension and I never mean the latter.
So always better to err on the side of expecting everyone else knows enough and they can ask for clarification on what wasn’t clear. ;)

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: January 27, 2023, 10:34:55 AM »
Gaderian, Thank you for taking the time to clarify. I have some basic knowledge and can generally find the issue and get a work around solution but this one has me lost.
I am aware of your demeanor and appreciate you.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: January 27, 2023, 06:08:51 PM »
beauty is in the eye of the beholder - fishing allows me to acquire a crafting reagent :O

Thanks Gaderian!! i will try and decipher what you meant! :)

White fishing nets bring in a decent amount and you can sell or fish up the MIBs. I use the FAF to gather MIBs and then when I get a bunch I fish them up. I trash all of the fished up shipwreck stuff for CUB points and save the regs, gems, gold, and then unravel the loot. You get 10-30k for the normal chests and 40k for the ASOS.

Tags: TrailMyx Fishing