Author Topic: Whole Book BOD Filler  (Read 56719 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Whole Book BOD Filler
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 06:52:25 AM »
+1
The variable %ResourceSecure is set in the setup process when the script asks you to target the container with your ingots.  Its also part of the call line to S7's BODFiller that tells it where to get ingots.  It would never be True or False, as it represents the item ID for the container, a unique seven letter tag in EUO. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • asdman has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 06:59:21 AM »
+1
Ah okay, dunno.. doesnt seem normal behaviour that it puts ingots back to the secure and then restocks 250.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 07:17:15 AM »
+1
Seems normal to me. That way you know exactly how many ingots you have to begin the process.

So now whats your issue? Is the script working for you or not? You just want it to work faster??
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 07:33:46 AM »
+1
We could debate the efficiency of the process that S7 set up for the filler, but I am not going to do anything to change it. Take a shot at modifying the process he uses in that script if you are interested in experimenting with it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
+1
Yeah, it works fine. And gonna learn OEUO since its much better. Incase anyone wants my modified version just ask, should work on any pre SA shards(or pre publish 65). Only need to modify some offsets and %BODBookMainGump and %cwin.

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 02:23:47 PM »
+1
Ah okay, dunno.. doesnt seem normal behaviour that it puts ingots back to the secure and then restocks 250.

It's absolutely normal behaviour, otherwise your pack would fill up with misc ingots... it does use any ingot color... and there's no way for the script to determine exactly how many ingots you used or how many you'll need with failures, so the easiest route is just throw the ingots back in the container and get a new stack each time.  Smart really.  And there's no real way to increase the speed of the subs because certain waits take certain amounts of time, and he's already using all the time in between his waits with action waits... I've looked.  It's a great idea, but oeuo wont help speed it up at all really, cause it takes a set amount of time to do certain actions.  The only thing it will speed up is gump interactions.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:25:59 PM by Scripty »

Offline asdman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »
+1
Yeah, didnt mean OEUO will increase speed, i just like the syntax more.

Offline mazulat

• Activity:
    0%
  • mazulat has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »
+1
I had to adjust for menu size but otherwise it works like a charm. Tyvm

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 10:44:37 AM »
+1
Yep not having any major issues with it other than the menu size as well...

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
+1
Just to clarify. Your script doesn't require alterations with the snippets in the original post?  I've been running it a few minutes and I've seen no flaws so far that might require alteration.

Impressions:
It's not a script to run in conjunction with s7 but rather a modification of s7 that functions as a stand alone script. (an amazing one). 
It's pretty great.  The various gumps appear to function correctly, so it's up to date.

Bravo.  Thank you Paulonius.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
+1
Upon encountering LBODs, the script begins to spiral out of control crafting iron cutlasses.  When using this script, make sure your book is set to smalls or remove all the lbods.

Is there any future plans to support lbods?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »
+1
There are no plans to support LBODs with this script.  It is strictly for filling a book with smalls. 

This script is not a modification of s7s script, it relies 100% on that script, calling it to fill sBODs.  The mods posted at the beginning of this script were to s7s script, and he has since encorporated those into his script.  If you have an updated version of his filler you can ignore the mods.

-Mario Andretti

Offline splatter666

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • splatter666 has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2011, 01:07:49 AM »
+1
hiho
does this scriot/modification still work?

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
+1
I have not used it in a while, but I believe it does still work.  You DO NOT need the modifications anymore.  Snicker7 has fixed these issues with his script.  If you have his updated filler you should be good to go.  In fact, I am going to pull the mods from my initial post now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:41:28 AM by Paulonius »

-Mario Andretti

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile