Author Topic: Help with an abandoned script?  (Read 8967 times)

Offline darianTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • darian has no influence.
  • Legendary Noobie
  • Respect: +10
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Check out my guild City of the Damned
Help with an abandoned script?
« on: May 12, 2010, 04:42:36 PM »
There is a script over on EUO that is Abandon-ware. Extreme Potion Keg Crafting by Mr. X, its the only one that still works, only cause someone updated it recently, but in the last month it has really gone downhill. i have posted a couple times to see if that person could try to fix it, it has gone from taking approx 45 seconds per keg to sometimes almost 3 minutes per keg. and even sent a few Pm's all to no avail. the updated version of it is located here http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11340&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225. If someone could maybe look at it that would be so awesome. Again, Thank you all..
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:53:12 PM by darian »

Beware of Dragons, For thou art crunchy and taste good with Catsup

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Help with an abandoned script?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 05:25:25 PM »
Thanks for following the correct protocol regarding scripts that aren't your own! It's nice to see people following the rules!

As for your question, I remember making a UOAssit macro to make a keg and then using uoloop to make a ton of them. Not the greatest solution, but it worked! Maybe C2 can add this to his Alchemy script or Keg Emptier!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Activity:
    0%
  • Legendary Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »
ya, thats what i had to end up doing. i would love to see that script fixed, lol, thanks for the quick response though.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:25:07 PM »
No promisses but If I have time at work tommorrow i will have a look at it ?!

• Activity:
    0%
  • Legendary Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:23 PM »
That would be GREAT!!  :o I just cant figure out why it suddenly got so blasted slow

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 05:38:41 AM »
LOL, funny to see that one show up. That was the first script I ever put in some serious testing on when it was in development, went back and forth with Mr X dozens of times and got a good feel for the work that can go into something that seems so simple. I used it a lot. I actually d-loaded it again recently thinking I might have a go at cleaning it up and resurrecting it a bit for nostalgia's sake.

Anyway, not sure that I'm actually volunteering or anything, but it would be great to see it come alive.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 07:45:47 AM »
Thanks for following the correct protocol regarding scripts that aren't your own! It's nice to see people following the rules!

As for your question, I remember making a UOAssit macro to make a keg and then using uoloop to make a ton of them. Not the greatest solution, but it worked! Maybe C2 can add this to his Alchemy script or Keg Emptier!

Ah, nope!  That was designed to be bottles only.  Not to mention the freeze on my coding ATM.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:40:03 AM »
Looked over it some today and going to have another look at it later.  Just some info what issues are you have with it and please list all so I know what to look for. thanks.

• Activity:
    0%
  • Legendary Noobie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 11:30:32 AM »
Only having one issue that I know of.. It makes the kegs just goes super slow, like i said, last month it was making them about 45 sec per keg, now its like 3 minutes per keg.. Kaliofls re worked it once a few months back to make it work again and it was working awesome, his working copy is located on page 16.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 11:56:03 AM »
Only having one issue that I know of.. It makes the kegs just goes super slow, like i said, last month it was making them about 45 sec per keg, now its like 3 minutes per keg.. Kaliofls re worked it once a few months back to make it work again and it was working awesome, his working copy is located on page 16.
It's likely something related to the gumpwaits and gump timeouts as the gump size changed again an dmost people use the size in their gumpwait subs. I haven't looked at the script yet, I'm just guessing.

X

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »
The best way for you to figure out if this is the case is to use scriptuo.
Open the file w/SUO, in the right hand pane check out the gosubs for gump waits and see if the size (if there are any) of the gumps have changed by comparing them to the container size in EUO (assuming of course you have the crafting gump as the top most gump on your screen). If they are different change to the new size and it should speed up the process.

Remember ScriptUO is your friend for fixing these types of problems.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 12:29:18 PM »
Already ahead of you ;)

Code: [Select]
;================================================================================
; Waits for the crafting gump to close.
; %1 = timeout to use.
;================================================================================
Sub WaitForCraftingGumpToClose

namespace Push
namespace Local WaitForCraftingGumpToClose , _ , #time , #random

set !timeout %1
gosub WaitForSysVars contSize <> 530_507 contName <> generic_gump !timeout

namespace Clear
namespace Pop

Return

; Waits for the crafting gump to open.
; %1 = timeout to use.
Sub WaitForCraftingGumpToOpen

namespace Push
namespace Local WaitForCraftingGumpToOpen , _ , #time , #random

set !timeout %1
set !waitUntil #sCnt2 + !timeout
gosub WaitForSysVars contSize = 530_507 contName = generic_gump sCnt2 > !waitUntil

namespace Clear
namespace Pop

Return

What are the new gump sizes (I'm at work and have none of my stuff)? Are these correct?

X

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 12:37:01 PM »
Sorry that was more for darian, I try to teach someone to fish rather than fishing for them. But as soon as my script as finished its current cycle  ;) i'll check for ya, if someone dosen't beat me to it.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »
LOL, I was desperate to throw a line in so whadya gonna do?!?! ;)

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 12:51:48 PM »
current  size 530_497
 :o
and there you go

edit
carp and tink

Tags: