Author Topic: New Member! hey everyone!  (Read 7039 times)

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: New Member! hey everyone!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2008, 06:31:54 PM »
Your tutorial for creating a UI helped me out a lot.  Just thought I'd let you know.  Really helpful.

They actually put me through some pretty good water survival training when I first got on working there.  It's a helo dunk tank that flips over underwater and  you have to open the window and swim out.  I was a swim instructor for the Marine Corps and it was a lot of fun for me, but we had a black guy who gets nervous in the bath tub and he was a trip to watch.  He actually made it though.  He earned his way that's for sure.  I don't know how many gallons that poor guy had to drink that day.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »
Glad to hear the tutorial helped.  Mainly people have problems with structure and understanding the simple requirements that a UI err-requires (resetting that damn #MENUBUTTON variable for instance).  Once you know what those are, you'll find that the structure of your code won't change much. 

P.S.  I still doggy-paddle.  It's sad to see a 41 year old that can only swim that way.  But I'm among the floaters, and not the sinkers.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Scotch_Tape

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Scotch_Tape has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2020, 10:04:24 AM »
Hello ScriptUO.  I'm here to introduce myself and become a part of the community.  Like a lot of you here probably, I'm a game nerd.  I spend most of my time drinking coffee and playing this outdated game or posting about this outdated game.  I play on Alexandria, EasyUO's free shard, and a little on RWR Freeshard.  A current member over here (CStalker) was tired of listening to me talk so he told me I should go read this site because I'm annoying and he really needed a break.  I decided it was a very interesting site and I'm interested in what I've read so far.  (Interface looks pretty interesting)
I tinker around with scripts and enjoy watching them do my bidding.  I script and have a basic understanding of the language. 

I work offshore as a Electronics Technician (ROV Tec).  I've been doing it for about 6 months now.  I really enjoy my job.  Other than UO I also enjoy sailing.  I lived on a sailboat up until recently, it was lost during Hurricane Ike.  I hope to be welcomed into the community.  If CStalker says anything about me don't listen to him he's full of crap. (unless it's good, then everything he says is true)

Talk to you guys soon!

Scotch_Tape

My employment changed.  Also I haven't talked to CStalker in like 10 years but still don't listen to him unless what he says about me is positive.  RWR doesn't exist anymore.  Started playing again on Alexandria so that's still the same.  I am just one of those old guys who can't leave this stupid video game it seems.  Did pretty good this last hiatus went like 10 years.  Very impressed with the amount of activity of you old timers.  You guys are more hopeless than I am and I can respect that.   

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 10:36:09 AM »
Old timer is a good description.  Looking at your last post in 2008 makes you an old timer as well!

I'll see you on Lexia, I play there still.  Script mining at the moment, so the bot is in full control!  Welcome back!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 03:51:45 PM »
 WELCOME Back!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2020, 02:50:47 PM »
wow  welcome back.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: