Author Topic: head piece  (Read 5436 times)

Offline HobyTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
head piece
« on: August 20, 2010, 05:50:38 PM »
looking for a headpiece with 15 hci.  So far only options i have come up with are hunters headdress and bear one with the 20 hip point increase.  Not familar with many of the other sa/semi arti pieces.  Would rather not use the hunters because char is a fencer.

I guess I could redo my weps and put hci on them to bring me to 45 hci.  Im using the folded steel glasses right now. 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:12:47 PM by Hoby »
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: head piece
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:13:27 PM »
PvP or PvM? Archer or Melee?

There's only a few ways to get HCI... jewelry and weapon are the two majors.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 07:22:25 PM »
Would rather not use the hunters because char is a fencer.
For pvp

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »
I like M&S for headgear... HLD is sweet to have and not waste on a weapon slot... I'd go with M&S and get HCI on weapon if you need it.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
yea, thats what i was thinking.  im switching some stuff over on my stealther.  Swapped out some pieces for mana inc pieces.  I can do 3 AI's in a row now. its a Ai ninja now, maybe ai, ai, death stryke.  If theres anyone else hitting them they should go down quickly. 

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 07:04:51 AM »
Deathstrike really doesn't do much damage with a ranged weapon Hoby.

AI's with a double hit spell bow are the flavor of pvp currently.

I, like Cerv, prefer to squeeze in mace and shield glasses (especially the +10 di faction ones), but for most suits (in factions) you will generally see folded steel glasses, or spirit of the totems.

The type of comp bow I recommend is:

Balanced
11 DI
40 SSI (after enhanced, but high chance to bust going for 40 ssi instead of 35 when you enhance it)
40 Velocity
40 Fireball (most people go lightning, but fireball is 100% better vs a mage timing his heals, plus elves 75 energy resist)

That's the basic "proper" pvp bow specs.

Heavy bow: same specs

Crossbow: 35 ssi instead (I don't like using crossbows tbh. Most average pvpers swear by it).

Regular Bow (most underused, yet one of the most important bows used by solid pvpers) : swap out fireball for lightning so you don't break the paralyze shot when the fireball hits.

If you want the mace and shields then: 15 hci on each jewel and 10 from your faction primer (or conjurers trinket) gives you 40 hci. To fit in the last 5 hci you can either go with the terrible resists on the faction stormgrips (and have to waste resist mods on your jewels, or inferior armor pieces) OR you can lose a very important mod on your bows OR you can make a wood piece of armor with 5 hci. If you did the wood, you would need to be elf, or wear morph faction earrings. I go the route of the earrings personally.

The easier way has always been using the spirit of the totem. For a stealth archer template, the hld from the glasses are not as important as someone that's going to sit out there fighting in the open 24/7.
Spirit + faction primer + 10 hci/10 hci or 15/5 on your jewels.

My suits for dexxers in factions always uses fey leggings + RBC. They are the complete staples that every faction dexxer should abuse. Anyone that doesn't use them has an inferior suit. Either with their hit point increase not being 25, or their dci being way too low.

Your jewels should be: hci/dci/ep/di

You can go lmc 7% on your 3 imbued suit pieces (gloves, sleeves, gorget) and put lmc 4% on one jewel, or go lmc 8% on the 3 armor pieces and rock the ssi 5/lmc 1% rangers cloak, and keep that jewel mod free.

Put stam increase on one armor piece. Your starting dex on your character before you chug will be 120. When you chug you will get above the 150 stam plateau because you have stam on an armor piece. You don't need overkill, and stam on every piece. Most pvp archers try to stam out every piece. It's not necessary. Proper hit point increase & dci is more important to cover. If you have the hpi covered, then squeeze mana on your armor pieces.

If you respond to this by saying you don't chug, then forget the ep on jewels, and balanced part of the bow. Bows will cap out at 25 hci, so you could easily cover the hci in your suit on all of your bows as Cerv suggested.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 01:07:41 PM »
Thanks for the write up wilk thats some good info there.  The character I am using this on is a fencer, not a archer.  But I do plan on making a archer though. 

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »
Everyone Forgets about Captain Johns Hat!!!!!!!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »
Everyone Forgets about Captain Johns Hat!!!!!!!

For those of us who always forget: http://www.uoguide.com/Captain_John%27s_Hat

Captain John's Hat [replica]
Weight: 1 Stone
+20 Swordsmanship
Dexterity Bonus 8
Night Sight
Hit Chance Increase 15%
Physical Resist 2%
Fire Resist 6%
Cold Resist 9%
Poison Resist 7%
Energy Resist 23%
Strength Requirement 10
Durability: 255 / 255

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:08 AM »
Heh, well that was a wasted write up then.

I was duped by your statement: So far only options i have come up with are "hunters headdress" and bear one with the 20 hip point increase.

If there is no archery involved in the template, then hunters headdress is never an option.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
Still a great write up Wilk! The only thing I kinda disagree with is the Faction Stormgrip. On a dexer I love having high Damage Inc. With the 10HCI, 25DI and 8 INT I like to have those included in my suit. I don't always mind you, but I try to include them.

DI/HCI
25/10 Stormgrip
22 Ring
22 Bracelet
20/10 Primer Talisman
11 Weapon

That gives you 100 DI and 20HCI. Toss in the Gladiators Collar for resists and 10 HCI and imbue yourself some nice sleeves and 15 HCI on one jewel. You don't get all the extra stam/mana/hpi/lmc bonuses. But in fighting with a group, I prefer to go with higher damage in a short amount of time.

Your setup is definitely more balanced and stable, but as I said, in some setups I go for the most damage possible.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Wilk has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 10:04:10 PM »
Yeah I used to rock the grips, and loved my G-collars like no other. Collars I put to the side because I liked covering my LMC 40% without needing 2 jewels to do so. I haven't built a G-collar suit since the rangers cloaks have come out though, so you could do it easily with one jewel with lmc 8% now. For me on an archer though, I prefer to stay with my quiver of blight to abuse cursed opponents. So I don't rock the cloak. I just use an ssi 5% ring.

Grips just make it a little tough on the fire/poison for a lot of guys suits. I always use fey leggings/RBC so I always took a huge hit on poison resists to start with:

Faction: feys/RBC/folded steels (or mace and shields) = 20 poison resist.

Stormgrips having 3 poison = 23.

That always meant using jewels to cover it. So by using the grips I gained that sweet double mod (HCI/DI) but always had to make it up in a poison mod and a fire mod:

Faction: feys/RBC/folded steels (or mace and shields) = 32 fire resist.

I could never shelf the feys or RBC and roll with the heart of the lion. The resists are sexy on the hearts, but I love extra mods.

I know you can imbue 19 fire on the gorg/sleeves, but then that's 2 more mods that I generally like to get for free on my fire slots with horned leather pieces.

I'm not saying my way is the correct way. It's just my preference.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:06:04 PM by Wilk »

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
Here's some HCI possibilities:

HEAD:
Captain John's Hat (dirty if you're not an archer!)
Dread Pirate Hat
Spirit of the Totem
Hunter's Headress
Black Lotus Hood

TALISMANS:
Mana Phasing Orb (can get 5 HCI plus DI and some other stuff!)
Primer on Arms Damage (also nice for HCI/DI)
Conjurer's Trinket

NECK:
Gladiator's Collar (I personally think all dexers should use it!)

HANDS:
Stormgrips (excellent when combined with talisman and collar)

LEGS:
Leggings of Bane (horrid, if I see you wearing these, I will PK you!)

That's pretty much all I can think of!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 11:16:23 AM »
LEGS:
Leggings of Bane (horrid, if I see you wearing these, I will PK you!)
Good thing I wear a robe! :P. Course, it's on a pvm samp. I tried all the other pants, but these work best for me in getting maxed on all combat stats.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 07:52:03 PM »
Does mana phasing orb break and vanish once charges are gone?  Or does it still exist, just without charges?  I was thinking it was like an instrument...

Tags: