Author Topic: Google Voice  (Read 2650 times)

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Google Voice
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:34:40 PM »
I set this up in the last two weeks and am still working to make it seamless with my office. Its VOIP like Skype, but its free and its integrated with GMail as long as you are calling withing the US and Canada, and very cheap overseas.

It also: Lets you set up your own portable number, voicemail, redirect calls to one or multiple other numbers, receive texts, and it transcribes voicemails.  It seems pretty cool.

http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115073
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Google Voice
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 01:50:19 PM »
Hey that's pretty cool.  I set myself up as well.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 06:52:42 PM »
Hmm...might have to try this out.  Anyone try the new google mail assistant thingy?

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 11:40:39 AM »
Alot of the guys I work with are big google voice fans....I haven't really moved to it yet but I am really hoping that their ability to make calls over it gets moved into the android app....would be nice to not have a gimped voip client (skype) on my phone...

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 03:11:16 PM »
I have google voice on my HTC Hero android 2.1 phone. I have it set so that any call I attempt to make asks me whether I want to use my cell number or my google voice number. You can do quite a bit with it!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:50:21 AM »
I was a long time user of skype and up until last month i had one of thier first subscription plans... and the nice discout of the initial offering.  They sent me an email saying i had cancelled my account and if i would like to refresh my number blabla.. so i tried and its at the new pricing structure...  almost 2x+ of the initial offering plan i was on...   

I think thats a disgusting way of trying to force the original signers up to your service into your newer pricing structure.. so underhanded...

Thierfor ill be looking at google voice with interest
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 10:40:36 AM »
Oww!  That's pretty crappy!  I'm just waiting to see when Verizon tries to kick everyone off the unlimited data plans.  I will take my business elsewhere and that's something especially since I've been their customer since the Airtouch days.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: