Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2864 times)

Offline HrafnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Hrafn has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings
« on: December 02, 2008, 03:16:56 AM »
I'm a returning UO player on the Europa shard, been playing UO on and off since before the trammel facet was introduced (played on Atlantic back then).

Have had a break for almost 2 yrs, but been at it for some weeks now and it looks good. Never been into advanced scripting, just toddeled along with uo-assist and ezmacros. I see a new level of playing with easy uo and some nice scripts to take the gore and drudgery out of my game :)

Been a bit active on the Easy Uo site and hope to be active here as well.

Cheers all!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »
Howdy! (I can say that because I was born in New Mexico)..  :p

Anyhow, welcome to the site.

Scripts will change your gameplay for sure.  Lots feel it's cheating, and perhaps it is but if you can run a script while you get to spend time with your family, or do something less sedate, then I think it's a good thing.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Paradise

• Activity:
    0%
  • Paradise has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
I don't know... it may be cheating, but to me scripting is a HUGE part of my gameplay.  I have tons of fun trying to figure out the scripts and how to make them work.  Then I can stare amazed at what is going on my screen for hours.  I get excited everytime I try out a new script and love to see my characters jump in skill level.  I am a complete scripting addict, and I know that I would never have nearly as much fun on these games without the scripts.  When hubby asks me what I'm doing staring at the screen, I tell him I'm macroing, and he wonders whats the point if i'm just going to sit there and watch it ;P

My son wants to be a game programmer when he grows up, and since he plays online games I am trying to get him into scripting as well, so that he has to try and learn things to enhance his gameplay, and I'm trying to learn along as well.  I feel its a great start, and hopefully he'll be writing his own scripts in a few years. 

Hopefully we don't get banned from the games though =P

Offline Rick182

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rick182 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 12:37:50 PM »
I too started out in the Atlantic shard years ago, but the players did not seem to friendly back then so I moved on to another shard. TrailMyx is right that, "scripts will change your game play". I've been able to accomplish legendary in Lore/Vet/Music/Peace and am working on legendary taming. That is something that I'd been working on the old fashioned way, dying of boredom and getting nowhere. Finally decided enough was enough sold my Tower and moved to a swampy area, very little foot traffic and no inquisitive neighbors to report scripter's. Scripts are a good thing!

Offline kyumi

• Leecher
  • Activity:
    0%
  • kyumi has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 07:08:22 AM »
Welcome back!!!

Offline HrafnTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Hrafn has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 06:00:44 AM »
Thanx for all the nice replies! Heartwarming!

As for cheating.. the benefit of being a returning player is that i have done most stuff once, twice or thrice over manually. I think that entitles the use of an easier way. Ive built fishers, miners, mages, thiefs, tailors and smiths manually with ordinary gameplay. Now i want to focus more on the fun things of the game (Like playing a legendary necro-mage in a champspawn or an invasion) and not 99% of the active gamplay to build up skills and gather resources.

With the increasing inflation where you need to spend millions of gold to get decent gear, the game itself "forces" most leisure players to automate parts of the process or move on to another game. You cant do much with GM Crafted armour anynmore :)

As for the Atlantic community, ill bet there are lots of great people on there, but the online time differs very much from my native time. All Uo was like Fell is today, so what i remember from those days are mostly my poor, necked miner getting corp-pored running from minoc mines towards the guard zone :)

Tags: