Author Topic: Commodity Deed Filler  (Read 5452 times)

Offline snoogansTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • snoogans has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Commodity Deed Filler
« on: December 21, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
I hope this is the correct place to post this!!  I am working on my first script and would REALLY appreciate some advice.  My idea is this:
The user will designate a box in their bank or use the commodity deed box (you cannot fill deeds inside a container that is inside the deed box).  Inside this box will be the items you wish to put onto a deed and blank commodity deeds.  A target (or menu) will come up and user will choose which items they wish to fill.  When the script starts it will count and list all the items.  It will choose the shortest stack of each item type.  This is the stack it will use to make all the other stacks have 60k.  When it stacks all the piles possible with 60k it will then fill the deeds.  (Possibly organize the deeds by item type after this, but optional.)  What do you think?  It seems kind of easy but I have very little experience with this type of coding (only html).  If a few people could give me some advice and tips on whether it is possible and if it's a good beginner script I would be MUCH obliged!  Thank you for the help and for all the GREAT scripts already working!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Commodity Deed Filler
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
Any script is a good beginner script as long as you break it down into its individual objects. If you would like to get some help go ahead and start. By breaking your whole script down into small steps so you can see each action that the script will do. Then we can start helping you figure out what you will need to do to make it happen.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 08:42:09 PM »
I moved your thread to scripting chat.  it was not a submission but it is a cool idea!  ;D

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 11:36:53 AM »
I have an unfinished version of a script to do this. The process of deeding the commodities works, but it needs the structure built around it. Take a look and, with my blessing (and appropriate credit), go ahead and see if you can finish it. I would be happy to help you along the way.

Here is what I would do to bring it to a publish-ready status:

1. Build a setup process that allows you to identify the containers you want to use
2. Put together the data.  This part will be significant as you need to incorporate all of the different things you can put into commodity deeds and their related item types. Your data set will need to interface with your menu.  
3. Build a menu to input the information you need to put your stuff into deeds.  I think you would want to have the menu allow you to pick from all of the stuff you can put into deeds, and set the number of the commodity.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Commodity Deed-Er-A-Tor.txt
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • El_Remo has no influence.
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
I was doing a search when I came across this. I will give this a go Paulonius. It will be my first project of any kind so it will take some time. I will update on progress.

Update on this. Never mind. It seems someone came out with one 3 days after your post.  Ill have to find another simple one to try.  Thats strike 2.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:18:33 AM by El_Remo »

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
The original poster never followed up, so its yours to run with.  Its a good script to start learning on and I would be happy to help if you run into issues.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 09:22:57 AM »
I actually found one. Funny it was posted only a few days after the partial that you made public. Im gonna still go through the one you put out and see if I can fill in the blanks. It should be a good learning experience.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »
Don't feel obligated, but its a good way to learn. If that is not the right one for you, consider picking something you do all the time in game and build a tool to help you do it.  I have a script that moves objects from one container to another that I tinker with all the time just to see what I can learn.   

-Mario Andretti

Offline El_Remo

• Activity:
    1.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 08:57:54 PM »
Yeah ill give it a go for sure. I really dont like the action on the other one. It does the job but doesnt seem efficient. Ill keep in touch with my progress or lack thereof lol.

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 12:25:42 AM »
sure would make my life easier when im puting my potions in comdity deeds to sell on my vendors as well as my apples

Tags: commodity  deed