Author Topic: My Intro :)  (Read 3090 times)

Offline TarpanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My Intro :)
« on: January 06, 2011, 10:52:37 AM »
Hello Everyone -

I have been playing UO since I was 17 or so, and I am now 28. When I think about it I feel pretty old! My high school boyfriend introduced me to the game but I didn't pick it up on my own until after we broke up. We're together again for the long haul, and I'm back to playing this game after taking a 5 year break. I wish that he would play with me, but he's since moved on to other games! I feel that UO has a lot of life left in it even though it is seriously outdated in a lot of ways.

I've played Chesapeake practically since I started out. As I recall, I started on Catskills and switched to Chessy one day when Cats was down! I've made lots of friends through this game that I still have contact with, even though we don't all play the same games anymore. I've even met several people in person. As for my playstyle, I mostly PVM although I currently have a sweet little house at Yew gate. It's an active area and I find it extremely entertaining to watch other players fight right outside my house. I used to PvP before my 5 year break, but I was never very good. One of these days I'll get around to getting my feet wet again...

My favorite character template is the animal tamer. I'm really itching to try out that pet rating script! I've trained 3 tamers to 110, all utilizing the same super awesome script. When people in my guild comment that I must really enjoy taming, I just feign innocence. Their stance on scripting is the same as politics and religion on this board, we just don't talk about it. :) I think that's a good policy since its a subject people have such strong opinions on. If it would ruin what is otherwise an excellent gaming relationship, I'd rather not bring up the fact that I spent most of my training time sleeping on the couch. I do love PLAYING the tamer though. My favorite pet team is a rune beetle/mare combo. I also like the cu sidhe - they remind me of my favorite breed of dog, the Great Pyrenees - but I don't actually like using them all that much.

I've been using EasyUO for the majority of my UO "career". I feel that it is an excellent tool that has improved my gaming experience significantly. My favorite scripts are those that reduce the number of key clicks I have to do or otherwise simplify the game for me. I'm so dependent on scripting for tasks such as looting that I would probably close my accounts if EUO was no longer updated or if Mythic started to take a WoW stance on 3rd party programs (insta-ban). I've never written my own script, but I've altered others slightly. My skills are pretty much limited to replacing a line as directed by someone more knowledgeable or adding an item type somewhere. I'm looking forward to having access to the scripts here (hey! just being honest  ;D ) as well as participating in the community. Hopefully you guys will find me to be good company.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: My Intro :)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »
WELCOME

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
WoW happens to have several loopholes in it's 3rd party detection as well.  ;)

Good intro. You ever tried the Bake/Beetle combo? I think it is as deadly, and a bit different since you can't mount the Kitsune. And reducing the key clicks is largely what makes scripting so popular, I'd probably already have carpel tunnel if it wasn't for EUO.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 12:25:40 PM »
Wow, great introduction!  Thank you for taking the time!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »
WoW happens to have several loopholes in it's 3rd party detection as well.  ;)

Good intro. You ever tried the Bake/Beetle combo? I think it is as deadly, and a bit different since you can't mount the Kitsune. And reducing the key clicks is largely what makes scripting so popular, I'd probably already have carpel tunnel if it wasn't for EUO.

I know there's ways around it, but I didn't have the same issues with repetitive motion strain in WoW... not to the same extreme at least. I was able to find a legal 3rd party addon to fufill any need that the generic interface didn't fill, so I never had any motivation to go farther.

I've heard of the bake/beetle combo, but I haven't tried it yet. I've been meaning to get around to it, but with IDOCs to find, treasure maps to dig up, skills to train, and awesome pets to farm up I've not gotten around to it yet. It's next on the list though, since I already have a 4+ star beetle, mare, cu sidhe, and greater dragon for each of the two tamers on my active account. I'm a big believer in bringing the right pet combo for a fight as opposed to using a greater meat shield for everything so I do want to have a bake in the toolbox.

Wow, great introduction!  Thank you for taking the time!

I've already found an IDOC to camp utilizing your awesome IDOC finder so writing a decent intro post was time well spent.  ;)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
Welcome Tarpan!

Absolutely wonderful intro!  Thank you for taking the time to put such a great piece together.

Enjoy your time around the site, its really quite nice!!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 09:40:51 AM »
I've been making my way through, replying to threads and enjoying myself. I've got a few walkthroughs planned when I have time since I noticed some areas (not script related) are sorely lacking in information.

Tags: