Author Topic: rainie's intro  (Read 4045 times)

Offline rainieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rainie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
rainie's intro
« on: January 09, 2011, 09:55:47 PM »
Hello all, my name is rainie. I've been playing UO off and on for about 6 years. It was my first MMORPG, and I started playing because my best friend started an account on a freeshard and pestered me to join so we could hunt together. She stopped playing within about a year and a half.... but I didn't. I love playing the game based on its own merits, but the nostalgia and the stress relief it provides are huge factors in my decision to return after over a year of absence. Unfortunately, my best friend and I don't talk as much anymore due to living in different areas and being extremely busy with school and work. Playing the game reminds me of the earlier time in our friendship. I recently became engaged and I'm planning the wedding; I also have a full class load as a neuroscience major pre-med. Needless to say, stress relief is extremely important.  :D

I really enjoy playing treasure hunter characters. The shard that I used to play on was restarted earlier this year while I was away, so I'm starting anew and trying to branch out with other types of characters. I'm starting to work on a tamer, but progress is slow. I've only ever played PVM, as PVP is frowned upon on my shard and I never wanted to try it enough to bother.

I stumbled across this forum while trying to find SWArmorCalc. I browsed the forums a bit and knew that I wanted to join after reading a few threads. I'm really looking forward to learning more about the game and scripting in general, and I'm hoping that I can find a few scripts that can help me develop my characters so I can spend more of my free time playing. I'd like to think that I'll be able to learn to code and contribute scripts at some point in time, but with my class load and a wedding coming up, that seems unlikely.

Since my fiance is male, I somehow doubt you'll want his measurement(s). ;D  I'm hoping to get him hooked on UO so I can create some more great memories.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: rainie's intro
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »
Wow, what a great intro.  These are the kinds of intros that makes me keep the lights on here, so thanks for it!  Congrats on the engagement.

Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »
How about yooouuuurr measurements? Haha.  :)

Hopefully at least you can find time to post here, and maybe learn a bit more on editing even if no time for full on writing new scripts?

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 04:30:31 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to right a good intro and stop in and say hi.  don't be a stranger on teh boards and enjoy looking around.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 05:19:44 AM »
Thanks for the well thought out intro! Enjoy the site!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 06:11:07 AM »
WELCOME

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »
Wow really nice read this is the reason we all take the time to keep coming back here is the conversations, help and work we all put in here. Welcome to the site and keep pushing that search button!!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 09:03:34 AM »
I'm not one to usually welcome people here but this one definitely deserves it! Welcome!!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 09:10:53 AM »
You can easily learn to script.  Don't let how complex it looks fool you.  It's VERY easy.  Welcome and be carefull, the kids around here rarely see girls I think. haha

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 09:54:08 AM »
Thank you for the intro, and welcome to the site Rainie!  A good read is always very much appreciated.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
You can easily learn to script.  Don't let how complex it looks fool you.  It's VERY easy.  Welcome and be carefull, the kids around here rarely see girls I think. haha

Some of us ladies are just careful not to be seen, we're around though!

Offline rainieTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • rainie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I appreciate it!

Tags: