Author Topic: Plant script  (Read 21110 times)

Offline Kherkus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kherkus has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Plant script
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 09:02:07 AM »
I'm looking forward to this one because I'm currently using Hort and it is such a pain in the......

A few ideas I had for you:

1:  Hort will retire plants, but it will not move the bowls to a designated container.  Instead, it will drop them all on your character and then to the ground once your backpack is full.  Perhaps there is a way that it can be coded into the script to drop said bowls onto a bag and ask for a new bag when the current one is full.

2:  Hort is capable of gathering seeds and resources, but it has a problem that I've noticed.  It tends to retire your plants (if selected) when the seed count reaches 0 on the plant, not how many are left for the plant to produce.  Example:  it will retire plants with a seed/resource count like this 0/2, 0/1, etc.  I didn't try to retire any plants prior to 2 seeds left, but some of my plants were at 0/0.

3:  Hort gives you the health statistics and potion use statistics for your pants, but it will not do the same stack over without being restarted.  Also, I believe that it would be helpful to many users to see where their plant growth is.  If there could be a chart that tells us which stage are plants are in, I think it can help a lot of people.  Perhaps in two sections, mature and immature plant.  Immature plants range from stage 1 to stage 9 and mature plants range from 1 resource to 8 resources.

4:  I know that this one should probably be a separate script, but I feel I should mention it.  An add-on to cross pollinate certain plants only.  Have a drop down menu to select your first plant and another drop down menu to select you second plant.  Then, it finds said plants and crosses them.  It does this for as many plants are available.  I know that this one would very complex and difficult to produce and if I could write scripts, believe me, I'd be helping you as much as I could.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now.  Hope to see this bad-ass up and running cause I'm getting really frustrated with Hort. (As if you couldn't tell)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:33 AM »
OMG:

Just wanted to say thanks ahead of time for working on a new script for plants.

There are 3 "I wish I could get my hands on that script someday" here on this site that I'm aware of.  And plant tending was one of them.

So again.. Thank you! 

Look forward to giving it a whirl, I'll start piling up some seeds!

What are the other two?

SuperSlayer's World Traveler (where's the drool smiley?), and Twinkle McNugget's new PVM Sampire/Dexer Kill everything that gets in your path script. (when it's finished of course..lol) 

Those were all I wanted for Christmas. :D 

Offline OMGBurgersTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
Ran the script last night w/ 12 plants.  Flawless w/ the exception of a type on the water count so it overwatered 2 until I fixed it.

I need to get pots & work on making it keep restocking potions/dropping empties I suppose.  From there it's waiting a bit longer then I'll need testing.

Scrripty

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2011, 02:35:13 PM »
Dont even bother thinking about supporting kegs.  Stick with stacks of pots and bottles.  Much simpler.  I supported both and it was a gigantic waste of time/energy. :)  You can have stacks of 60k pots making it much more efficient, and no need to use the slow event property to figure out which keg is which. :(

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »
Dont even bother thinking about supporting kegs.  Stick with stacks of pots and bottles.  Much simpler.  I supported both and it was a gigantic waste of time/energy. :)  You can have stacks of 60k pots making it much more efficient, and no need to use the slow event property to figure out which keg is which. :(

haha yeah i hate kegs.  even if asked i wouldnt support em :P

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 06:01:08 PM »
And since you're writing it for private use, why not just use Kal's subs. :)  They are so easy and so nice.  I used some actually cause I got sick of writing down all the gump stuff I needed to do my own scans.  I've got half my code, half his code. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 05:41:31 AM »
And since you're writing it for private use, why not just use Kal's subs. :)  They are so easy and so nice.  I used some actually cause I got sick of writing down all the gump stuff I needed to do my own scans.  I've got half my code, half his code. :)

Well I've got the subs for every scan already done, with the exception of the day count which I'm updating as the days go by, and the resources/seeds part.  I figure I can just get the pix code for the 0/8 on resources & seeds, which should be all I need.  If I scan the days I should be able to tell if it's producing or not.  I'd just like to do a quick check to make sure resource/seed is 0/8 before cutting.

BTW is there an easy way to make the gumps stay in one spot lol.  I move them to 0/0 or wherever and click something and they go back to wherever.  I tried setting 0/0 then clicking randomly on the gump to simulate a normal click but it dont work.  If I move it to 0/0, pause, manually click the plant gump, they ALL stay 0/0 afterwards.  This is something I never really did figure out because I always just did gump ofset caculations, for pixel scanning it would be nice to set it and forget it, yes I stole that phrase and this has nothing to do with food! lol.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 05:45:05 AM »
Can't you pixel scan offset?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »
They naturally bounce to 20/20 I thought?  I do pixel offset and let it bouce to the default 20/20 for plant gump.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »

I could, but I was trying to make it in the top left most for if someone wants to do other things while that's in the background like browse the internet.  I suppose I'll have it move each one to a negative value so it's way up there on the top left, then scan, then do all actions.

all my pixel scanning is already done via a sub that takes container x/y into consideration if called in %1 %2, like a normal offset for gump clicking.  I'd never hardcode it to not offset just for if some reason it did fail to move.

Scrripty

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2011, 01:49:26 PM »

I could, but I was trying to make it in the top left most for if someone wants to do other things while that's in the background like browse the internet.  I suppose I'll have it move each one to a negative value so it's way up there on the top left, then scan, then do all actions.

all my pixel scanning is already done via a sub that takes container x/y into consideration if called in %1 %2, like a normal offset for gump clicking.  I'd never hardcode it to not offset just for if some reason it did fail to move.

In case you missed it above, I believe the plant gumps bouce to 20/20 naturally.  There's no need to contpos them anywhere.  They already contpos themselves to 20/20.  Just offset scan them.  No need to do any contpos moving at all except maybe for the initial gump to get it in a good position.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2011, 02:08:18 PM »

I could, but I was trying to make it in the top left most for if someone wants to do other things while that's in the background like browse the internet.  I suppose I'll have it move each one to a negative value so it's way up there on the top left, then scan, then do all actions.

all my pixel scanning is already done via a sub that takes container x/y into consideration if called in %1 %2, like a normal offset for gump clicking.  I'd never hardcode it to not offset just for if some reason it did fail to move.

In case you missed it above, I believe the plant gumps bouce to 20/20 naturally.  There's no need to contpos them anywhere.  They already contpos themselves to 20/20.  Just offset scan them.  No need to do any contpos moving at all except maybe for the initial gump to get it in a good position.

Yeah I know that.  But It's still wasting room to the left & top.  I added a check to call a sub that will adjust the plant gump to a negative value permanently as seen in attached picture.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
plant.bmp

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
Looking good OMG!  You are making amazing progress. 

I was wondering if it is easier to use an Endless Pitcher to water the Plants, as I know in previous Plant Scripts a Water Trough had to be placed within 2 tiles of the Toon.  An Endless Water Pitcher would allow the Water Trough to be anywhere and it could even be hidden (for those people that are into Deco).

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Scrripty

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
Ok let me explain this in a way that will make much more sense.  Over the course of 1000 plants, which if you're doing this for seeds, you're going to want to grow, you definately will not want to waste time doing a contpos of the gump, cause you're gonna have to put a wait 5 in front or behind it at least, and that's going to extend your tending by a LONG ASS TIME. :)  That make more sense? heh  My script is blazing fast, I dont think you can improve on it's speed really at all, but it still takes 3-5 hours on the last day of tending 3k plants.  Add a contpos to all those, that's 30 mins to an hour probly extra. :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:05:53 PM by Scripty »

Offline Kherkus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Kherkus has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
I'm just wondering if anyone out there in TV land is still alive or not.  We've not heard one word in over a month as far this is progressing or any other news for that matter.  Hope you all aren't working too hard.

See you in game.

Tags: