Author Topic: Santa's bringing my son a Wii  (Read 17398 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Santa's bringing my son a Wii
« on: December 22, 2008, 04:56:17 AM »
+1
Kinda lucked into a basic package over the weekend. Called everywhere and nobody had any... then went to ToysRUs on Sunday, really early... they opened at 6:00 and we got there around 7:30. There was nobody there at all.

Asked if they had any Wii's and the dude said "sure". Got the basic package with 1 controller and 1 numchuck. Added a second controller with some games and second numchuck.

We got 1 game... Star Wars Clone Wars Saber Duels. Son's a SW fan and he loves the sabers.

Anyone have any Wii owners suggestions? Hooking up, issues, tips?

I'm planning on Mario Cart, and he wants some Dinosaur SeaMonster game.

What games should we start adding to the collection? Remember he's 9 and we don't allow T or M games with blood or gibs.

XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Santa's bringing my son a Wii
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 05:00:39 AM »
+1
No clue. My father-in-law got my Mother-in-Law the Wii Fit package and Wii for x-mass. Says she is too fat and needs to lose weight. I figure I will be useing it sooner or later :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:23:14 AM »
+1
That Wii Fit isn't just for exercise stuff... There's a killer snowboarding game that uses it.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 07:06:43 AM »
+1
I haven't played Wii much. Don't have one but i have enjoyed what i have played.  Graphics aren't the best but they sure are fun.  But i know there is Wii sports. That was fun. Has boxing, golf, bowling, and tennis.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 08:17:29 AM »
+1
I'm probably the biggest Wii Fan here.
Mario Kart is a Definite.
I haven't Played a game yet I didn't Enjoy.
how old is your Kid? do freinds come over to play video games?
I can Suggest a Few just need to know how he plans on playing...

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 09:29:38 AM »
+1
He's 9, and does have friends visit. My wife, he and I will be playing a lot as well.

The rules are: No Blood, No Gibs, No Extreme Violence.

A good example of an allowed game is Battlefield 2 / Battlefield 2142 for the PC. Both are first person shooters, but they don't include blood or body parts flying all over the place. Star Wars is another good series.

We're getting Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Star Wars Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels from Santa. The rest I have to buy  :P

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »
+1
Got the Wii here too.  Haven't played it much since it's mostly for my girlfriends daughter.  But right now only have Guitar Hero II, Wii Sports and Wii Music.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 10:35:55 AM »
+1
I watched people playing American Idol Karaoke on the Wii at a Christmas party last weekend. It was pretty damn cool actually. I'm not an American Idol fan or anything but the concept of the Wii has always intrigued me and now my anti-videogame wife is on board. She loved it. It was also quite the party hit.

So, I'm reading this thread with interest because I intend to start shopping after the holidays, mostly on Craigslist TBH.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »
+1
Yeah the Wii is quite amusing, I don't have one myself but I have a friend that has one and it is a great system to take to parties and such, drunk people trying to use the wii balance board are hilarious!

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 12:01:48 PM »
+1
OK, if he's 9.. he Will Probably like Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
a good family game would be Boom Blox - Jenga with a Twist.
if you get Wii Play, it comes with a Free Controller.
um.. Carnival games is a lot of fun too.

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
  • coyan2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 08:58:16 PM »
+1
We got our wii last tax season, and its been a hit ever since... My girls, 9, and 6, love the mario party 8, and carnival of games, and all of us do the wii sports challenge. As far as hints? the light bar that you set on top of the tv(or below it) needs to be kept out of harms way as much as possible, they are almost impossible to get replaced, and are needed to play the game with the wands, as its how they get the positioning info to the game deck to tell where the controllers are pointing to the screen.. HINT 2, very oddly enough, If you are having problems with the bar not working, there is a quick, and easy method to get the game to work, But if your not careful, you could have flaming issues... Just get 2 tea light candles, and place them on top of the tv about 12 inches apart, and light them up. You can then play the game until they go out, Just like having the light bar... :) And yes, I tried it, just to see if it worked, and it works fine...

I actually use it for timing the kids time on the game.. when the candles go out, times up... :)

BUY POINTS for it, Down load games, there are tons of them out there to download, and range from original NES, Turbo graphics, Sega, and up.. Its also great for any and all of your game cube games. Uses the game cube controllers, and memory cards....

One of the best priced console games with its choice of games, and backwards compatibility to play the game cube games.

With ours we bought the basic model, and then bought 3 more wands, another nunchuck, and the other controllers for the older games, and wireless game cube controllers... over 600.00 into ours with 2 games, and all the controllers, and  chargers with the battery packs...

Good investment.. Personally..

All American Drink, For an All American kind of Guy

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 02:06:11 AM »
+1
As far as hints? the light bar that you set on top of the tv(or below it) needs to be kept out of harms way as much as possible, they are almost impossible to get replaced

They Sell a Wireless Sensor Bar.  One Buy Nyko and I can't remember who makes the other one.
if you buy the one from Nyko it uses I think 4 AA batteries, maybe its 2, not for sure.
The other one (The One I own) has an internal battery source, it is rechargeable buy plugging into your Wii Via Usb to Mini USB.  it has 3 Settings, 1 hour, 2 hour, OFF.  I kinda wish there was a ON settings since when I sit down to play a video game 2 hours is usually not even close to how long I like to play.

Mario Party 8.  This is a great game I can't wait until you can play it online.  I've been playing Mario Party since it first came out on the N64.  this is hours of Fun.. Basically its an interactive Board game, after each round you get to play a mini game to try and win more coins.   More Coins = More Stars = Winner, Another Great Family/Friend Game.  Just be careful if you a 50 Round Game... this will Take up the rest of your Evening... 25-30 is a good number.

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 05:31:48 AM »
+1
Ahhh, I didnt know they had those out.. Very cool.... I looked into them when we first bought it, which was like Jan. 08... Have to look into them...
Thanks,
Coy

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »
+1
I actually use it for timing the kids time on the game.. when the candles go out, times up... :)

the one I bought that has a self timer would be a perfect timer for your kids I think when there are about 2 minutes left on the timer it has an LOUD and Annoying Beep.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP! until you either reset it, or it turns off.

Offline coyan2

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
+1
the one I bought that has a self timer would be a perfect timer for your kids I think when there are about 2 minutes left on the timer it has an LOUD and Annoying Beep.
BEEP, BEEP, BEEP! until you either reset it, or it turns off.

hehe, Amen, and less flammable.. :)

Tags: