Author Topic: Wanted teacher mentor for script  (Read 2030 times)

Offline khusasciTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • khusasci has no influence.
  • I will never surrender
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Wanted teacher mentor for script
« on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:49 AM »
hello try unb good soul to help me better understand the world of the script a mentor to guide me in this world in my presentation I have already said that physical problems I have after a back surgery and understand the script would help me get over some obstacles that I parry it before when I play

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted teacher mentor for script
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »
I lack the time at the moment, but the tutorials at easyuo.com and here are definitely the best place to start. Begin learning basic commands like finding items, parsing through findindex, drag/drop, using items.

That would be a pretty good starting point.

Really, once you learn some basic flow controls and commands you can utilize subs that other people have already built for performing more complicated tasks.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted teacher mentor for script
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:23:54 AM »
good luck on learning .. wish i had the time to help you but i barely find the time to log into UO myself these days.  If you get stuck just start a thread post your code and your question ..
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: