Author Topic: Greetings and salutations!  (Read 6935 times)

Offline skadooshTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • skadoosh has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings and salutations!
« on: September 07, 2011, 01:57:56 PM »
Hello, I have been playing Uo for over 11 years..pretty much all on Chessy. I would say i have had your typical journey from "death by mongbat" to "oOooo this is Fel" to  "wow a script can do that?!?!?" I just recently discovered that there was another forum for scripts and cam e to check you folks out. Very impressive indeed from what i have viewed. I try to enjoy all aspects of the game and to me a little programming help is the icing on a wonder cake called Ultima Online. I really enjoy the freedom that scripts give a person that has other things to do other than push a button over and over. Photography is my other hobby, I am learning photoshop as well and that is pretty neat. Thanks for letting me intro myself. Rawr!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings and salutations!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »
I thought Trammel was only about 11.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »
Just an update on my intro post. Now that the yard is mowed and I have Jim Beam and Coke in hand I can digress. I mostly play pvp at the moment with bouts of PVM mixed in. When something new comes out I get my Disco Bard Mystic Gargoyle out and devour what ever new content the powers that be throw our way. On a side note, I did get a chance to get a glimpse of the behind the scenes of UO. For a while I had the honor of being an EM until RL stuff prohibited me from spending as much time as the position needed. If you have any questions about that feel free to shoot away. Man I tell ya the EMs could use a few scripts.....it would make that job tons easier. It was fun but the tools that were given and the powers that were not given made it hard to really get the most of stories/events sometimes. But I digress....I like to play dexxers mostly, I have rather large greasy fingers and that does not go well with two many macros. I play in a small guild with only a handful of tight knit members. My main goal is to always have fun and the day I do not have fun I will not log in. So there is a little more about myself I look forward to learning more about this community and its people.

Post Merge: September 07, 2011, 03:43:14 PM
I thought Trammel was only about 11.

I am sorry I do not fully understand your question or statement.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »
Welcome and Good Luck!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 03:49:15 PM »
welcome to scriptuo.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 03:52:10 PM »
Nice addition to your intro, skadoosh.  Welcome to the site!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 03:53:04 PM »
I would say i have had your typical journey from "death by mongbat" to "oOooo this is Fel" to  "wow a script can do that?!?!?"

If this was a chronological order of your journey and you've played 11 years, it doesn't make sense if UO:R came out in 2001.

If I'm wrong and UO:R, and thus trammel came out in 2000 or even 1999, then it does make sense.

Allow me to explain.

Your story implies it takes place after trammel was released.  However, I was under the impression that 11 years ago, approximately when you began playing, there was no trammel.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just spamming up your intro thread with my inane babble and bad memory.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »
I would say i have had your typical journey from "death by mongbat" to "oOooo this is Fel" to  "wow a script can do that?!?!?"

If this was a chronological order of your journey and you've played 11 years, it doesn't make sense if UO:R came out in 2001.

If I'm wrong and UO:R, and thus trammel came out in 2000 or even 1999, then it does make sense.

Allow me to explain.

Your story implies it takes place after trammel was released.  However, I was under the impression that 11 years ago, approximately when you began playing, there was no trammel.

Maybe I'm wrong and I'm just spamming up your intro thread with my inane babble and bad memory.

Could have died to a mongbat prior to UO:R and Trammel?  :P

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 03:57:28 PM »

Allow me to explain.

Could have died to a mongbat prior to UO:R and Trammel?  :P

But then he was essentially always in fel.. He'd essentially be saying he woke up one day and realized where he was all this time?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
lol No worries...not  a chronological order just a progression of my time and experiences in UO.

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 03:59:40 PM »

But then he was essentially always in fel.. He'd essentially be saying he woke up one day and realized where he was all this time?

Heh, I see what you are saying.  Just poking fun. :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:52 PM »
My first memory of UO was logging into Britain and getting ganked my lizard-men. So not sure when that was but...and my memory is piss poor sooo

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »

Allow me to explain.

Nah he's right. That's how i got started too, bought UOR in the box at a game store lol. Wiki says it was released May 2000.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »
I feel like UO:R was an early to mid '01 thing.  mad random.

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
3rd dawn was march 01..prolly the one you're thinking about!

Tags: new  guy