Author Topic: neo's Bod Swapper Public Edition v1.0 out 09/22/2011  (Read 33663 times)

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • slyone has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: frneo's Bod Swapper Public Edition v0.4 out 09/11
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 04:41:11 AM »
Just tried this out for the first time.  Only issue:  I had 1 tailor bod in the book and I set my filter to blacksmith bods.  So when it finished turning in all of my blacksmith bods, I still had 1 bod left in the book and the script got caught in a loop trying to turn in a bod that it couldn't remove.  I removed the tailor bod and was able to restart with another book of filled bods with no problem.

Thanks!
Started playing back at the Second Age

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 04:45:51 AM »
How is this an issue?

Quote from: FIRST POST
This is for smith bods ONLY.

Seems like it's an issue with your use of the script and not the script itself.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 04:54:19 AM »
How is this an issue?

Quote from: FIRST POST
This is for smith bods ONLY.

Seems like it's an issue with your use of the script and not the script itself.
You always crack me up Cerv! ;)

On another note though, it would be nice if there were a simple check at some point so that the script knows there are no more Blacksmith BOD's. For example, I have tons of books with a couple hundred of each - what a PITA if I have to empty all my tailor BOD's from a given book when only two or three lines of code could halt the script when all the Blacksmith BOD's were used up. For example, if you remove a BOD then there is no BOD in the pack it's likely that you've reached the end of the BOD's that have been filtered.

Just a thought!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »
Well, I never thought about that actually, since I never have tailor bods on my toon....

I wrote a check that uses strings from the bod book property, to check the amount of bods left, and stop only when there are 0 bods left in the book...

From the top of my head, I could maybe add a #findcol check or sth to the bods dropped, and make it ignore them if #findcol is not the correct one... I'll take a look at this later today though...

Thanks guys for the feedback...

EDIT: I'd have to add a timeout to the bod dropping thing if I want to use filters on the books... Probably easier to make the user put a new book for tailor bods... I dunno, just a thought too...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:23:52 AM by frneo »
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 06:14:58 PM »
Agreed Cerv, not really an issue, the script did what it was supposed to do and I didn't set it up correctly.

If I may put another plug in for the script, setup was super easy!  Being able to save the configuration is awesome!

Thanks again!

Offline slyone

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2011, 04:05:07 AM »
Quick question about gargoyle pick axes...do you usually keep them?  I want to return them to the vendor but I don't see an option. 

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2011, 04:50:49 AM »
Quick question about gargoyle pick axes...do you usually keep them?  I want to return them to the vendor but I don't see an option. 
I usually keep gargoyle pick axes... And once my gargoyle pickaxe container gets full, the script starts returning them automatically... Like I said, initially this was just a modified version of my personal bod swapper, so I probably forgot to add this to the options.... Thank you for telling me about this... I'll surely add this to my to do list...

cheers

neo
Never fail to be polite.

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: neo's Bod Swapper Public Edition v1.0out 09/22/2011
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »
Lots of changes, version 1.0 out! :)
Never fail to be polite.

Offline anewbe4u

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • anewbe4u has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: neo's Bod Swapper Public Edition v1.0 out 09/22/2011
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 11:53:18 AM »
Hey,

I'm getting no NPC found when I click start. I do the setup, recall to the Blacksmith and click start. Choose my bod books and then it pops up. Are they any particular smiths I should use?

Offline anewbe4u

• Activity:
    0%
  • anewbe4u has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 11:57:13 AM »
Ignore me, seems my Easyuo was out of date! Sorry  :-*

Using this now, it works a treat! Thank you :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:12:06 PM by anewbe4u »

Offline Daeus

• Activity:
    0%
  • Daeus has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2011, 09:21:35 PM »
Giving this a try right now, seeing as since returning to the game, Bodswap 2.3 isn't working.

Was giving my head a scratch when I first ran in, problem was I wasn't IN the building with the smith, couldn't pass the BOD through the building lol.  Maybe I can with COT.

2nd, I had to add some more properties to find the smith, the one I'm using is an "Armoursmith".  

Other than my own ignorance, works like a charm!  I'll be trying your BOD filler next!

Edit:  The items I checked to return, they stayed in my pack and nothing was done with them.  I'm trying to relearn the commands for the code so I can understand what's going on, but my brain is on vacation, lol.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:27:41 PM by Daeus »

Offline D

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 09:42:26 AM »
Awesome script Neo, its so quick! been using our bod filler for a while and just got round to using this one. Great work.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2011, 12:34:21 PM »
First run attempt .. couple notes...

(1) Needing to start the script at the bod shop is a pain especially on first run as you need to setup bags which are not at the bod shop.
So first run always fails.

(2) Load config.   After loading you dont know if it really loaded as non of the menu options get set.

(3) Return items  label is confusing... I had thought this meant return to house with .. instead it means drop on vendor... I inadvertently had it return all items to vendor... instead of keeping all items.   But in this it failed as it didn't return garg pixaxes or sturdy tools.

(4) Load /save - if create a config where everthing is returned and save it... then load it .. uncheck everything save it... then load their all checked. instead of being unchecked.

(5) If start the script with rewards allready in backpack due to stopping and starting from above the script does not capture the journal message  "you do not have enough room in your backpack for the bulk requests reward"  and gets stuck in a loop of dropping bods in bag and not processing them or emtpying bag.

(6) Recalling home... got stuck in loop of no charges left on that item... ie was clicking in wrong place and not recalling. (I got past this by pausing script and manual recall)

(7) Script ended with char infront of house but didnt drop anything into bags. It wold be nice if it emptied backpack prior to ending script.  Also would be nice if a short pathfind into house was done so bags didn't have to be on porch.

(sry i'm a bit of a script crasher- some of above maybe user error lol)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:15:20 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline NeoTopic starter

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »
First run attempt .. couple notes...

(1) Needing to start the script at the bod shop is a pain especially on first run as you need to setup bags which are not at the bod shop.
So first run always fails.

(2) Load config.   After loading you dont know if it really loaded as non of the menu options get set.

(3) Script ended with char infront of house but didnt drop anything into bags... maybe couldnt reach.??, maybe my error thier. But a small pathfind into house would be nice.

(4) Return items  label is confusing... I had thought this meant return to house with .. instead it means drop on vendor... I inadvertently had it return all items to vendor... instead of keeping all items.   But in this it failed as it didn't return garg pixaxes or sturdy tools.

(5) Load /save - if create a config where everthing is returned and save it... then load it .. uncheck everything save it... then load their all checked. instead of being unchecked.

(6) If start the script with rewards allready in backpack due to stopping and starting from above the script does not capture the journal message  "you do not have enough room in your backpack for the bulk requests reward"  and gets stuck in a loop of dropping bods in bag and not processing them or emtpying bag.

(sry i'm a bit of a script crasher)

Awesome feedback, it's exactly the kind of stuff the helps out A LOT when trying to improve a script...

I've been a little busy these last few days to work on my scripts, but I hope to have a new version up soon, with a lot of improvements, and I will take every comment here into consideration while writing it...

Thank you everyone for the input so far...

Cheers!
Never fail to be polite.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 01:16:19 PM »
Awesome feedback, it's exactly the kind of stuff the helps out A LOT when trying to improve a script...

I've been a little busy these last few days to work on my scripts, but I hope to have a new version up soon, with a lot of improvements, and I will take every comment here into consideration while writing it...

Thank you everyone for the input so far...

Cheers!

editted read it again.. done for now i think .. out of filled bods...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: