Author Topic: It's like, an intro, or somethin.... <3  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Twisted1851Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Twisted1851 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
It's like, an intro, or somethin.... <3
« on: September 09, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »
*Ahem*

Alright... so, as much as it pains me to say, I am indeed, a UO addict... But I don't care! I have a love hate relationship with this game. I have been playing on and off for roughly 13 years. Which is pretty good considering I'm only 20! Anyways, I've pretty much played Pacific only for most of my time. I've played on Napa some, Origin, and Atl a little. There isn't much I don't know about this game, and there isn't much I have not had in terms of items. I remember when I used to be a newbie, and would get help from older players and how cool I thought it was, and as such now whenever I see someone I randomly meet that could use help, I spent a ton of time giving them plenty of stuff, and teaching them how to do things, what they should do to make money, etc. Feels good to do good! I've spent plenty of time on my own doing pvm stuff forever made billions of gold and finally got to the point where I got tired of champ spawns. I dabbled in pvp on and off a 6 years ago, and the more I did it the more I got into it. The last few years I have really gotten into it a lot. I now run 2 accounts, almost half of which are pvp chars. I am completely self sustained, I craft my own things, collect my own resources, and everything else. One of the few pvpers! When I was younger starting off in UO I thought tamers were the coolest *bleep* since sliced bread. I mean literally the idea of being able to control badass pets and kill with them? My first character, Kyros, has and always has been a tamer. I thought it was so amazing and I was so excited when I finally hit 120 taming. Unfortunately I trained him up to 120 taming 3 seperate times, because some assclown hacked my account twice and when he did he turned taming down and focus up just to be dick. Is cursing allowed in these posts? I hope so, you guys wanted them to be real and from the heart, so I'm doing just that, and putting emotion into it! Anyways, I love this game. I have never been able to completely quit. Even after EA started trashing it slowly...but that's a topic for another discussion.

Scripting, boy when I found out I could make a program do all the *bleep* I did by hand for years, I was STOKED, let me tell you! I have gotten a base competency down for scripting. I can easily modify most to do what I want, but I don't know the language very well. I have always wanted to get good at it, but mostly haven't had the time. Figured I'd learn it at college when I was in my Computer Science major, but after a year of school things didn't work out. I will probably go back soon, but I should have gone with my gut and taken a year or 2 off after high school to see what the real world was like. It's going well so far!

Since I have been playing UO I have definitely made a lot of friends, a few really good friends, and even a few that I've met IRL, which I thought was pretty cool. I have also sadly seen a lot of my good friends quit. I am very friendly and am always looking to make more friends. I don't really every do anything by myself anymore, unless I need something. I'd rather go do a spawn with someone to get them what they need. I have too much *bleep* anyways. If any of you that read this intro are on Pacific, please, look me up, or send me an ICQ 465-114-469 (if you send an icq, put in the friend request that you're from scriptuo, so i know your not one of those weird bot characters that randomly add me) if you wanna go do something, or you need something, or you wanna fight. Whatever, I'm down. Please just don't be the type that sucks up to me so I'll give you free *bleep*, karma will get you. =) But seriously I'd love to meet some people from pac!

Hmm, my girlfriends measurements are.....hold on....*ow* Well, she hit me when I took the tape to her.... =/ Sorry I TRIED!

Well, I think that's most of it! I hope once I get used to the tools and stuff I can contribute to these forums! Looking forward to meeting you all!

For now,
Kyros.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: It's like, an intro, or somethin.... <3
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:48:42 AM »
Hello and Welcome Twisted1851!
You announced to introduce yourself to a Sleep-Time for the most of this Board, so it could be happen, you must wait some times before any Moderator maybe take of your restriction.
We will see how active you will be then, i hope very active. Thanks for your Intro.
Crome

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 03:27:25 AM »
welcome

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 04:09:08 AM »
Thanks for the well thought out intro, restricted status is lifted, and you are now free to raom around. Hope to see you active on the boards.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 04:28:54 AM »
Welcome fellow pacific player... if you want to learn how to script this is the place that will support you and help you .. just post a question your stuck on and you will get answers, sometimes you might get show me the code before you get an answer ..   either way good luck and welcome.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 06:15:11 AM »
Welcome and Good Luck!

Offline theonequasi

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • theonequasi has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 08:03:24 AM »
Welcome and Peace  :)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
Welcome to the site!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
Wow, thanks for the great intro even though you didn't reveal your girlfriends measurements.   ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »
You mentioned my two favorite servers. Origin and pacific.  Welcome to the site.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 02:21:41 PM »
WELCOME!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 03:03:30 PM »
Thanks for.the time that you placed in you intro.  Welcome to the site.  I'm pretty sure that we will see you on the boards with the amount you write.  Woot!

Offline Twisted1851Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Twisted1851 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
Thanks everybody! Looking forward to posting more! :)

Tags: Amazing Intro