Author Topic: Hands on Review: Mario Karts  (Read 10219 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Hands on Review: Mario Karts
« on: February 09, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »
Very fun game. One of the flag ships in the Nintendo arsenal.

It's the standard racing game. You have 50, 100 and 150 class carts and bikes. You get unlocks by completing sections and special stuff in the game.

There's 4 basic areas to compete in, and each area has 4 tracks. So you start with 16 tracks. As you complete them you unlock other areas, each with 4 more tracks to compete in. Total race tracks is 32.

But wait, there's mirror mode, which flops all 32 tracks (note: FLOPS, not reverses). There's also a couple of "battle" modes with several other tracks.

Online play is awesome. You race against people from all over the world. There's even tournaments you can enter and submit your time. Most (all?) tourny tracks are REVERSED tracks.

I could go on, but suffice to say it's a "must have" game if you own a Wii. The multiplayer and online experience make it an exceptional game.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hands on Review: Mario Karts
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:46:30 AM »
I totally agree.  This is a great game.  It's still not my CTR that I miss dearly from the PS1, but it does a pretty good job.  I still can't quite get used to the driving aspect (i.e. turning the controller).  I guess I'll always be a child of the classic PS1/PS2/XBox style controller.  I'll take a Atari 2600 gaming controller anyday.

That said, this game kicks butt and if you still haven't purchased it yet, you should.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »
You can use the Numchuck to steer! The two buttons on the Numchuck are "Look Back" and "Use Item". It took us a while to get throwing objects figured out with it, but it's easy enough. I find this the most precise way of driving.

But you'll never get your golden steering wheel if you use the chuck  :'(
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 02:13:23 PM »
Mario Kart is So awesome I play it so much still after I bought it the day it came out..
dunno if anyone added my friend code yet, because I've yet to see him log in :P
my opinion if your not using the wheel your not taking full control of the game.  though there's been a lot of cheaters out there that have started to ruin the game for us.  they've figured out a way (I've read up on it) to always have blue shells or always have what ever item they choose, and they can use it over and over again. last time I became a victim for the first time. here's a little video how the ruins the game.. may be funny at to watch, but when you become the victim, you may find your wheel embedded in the middle of your TV.

this yoshi is the same person that got me also.

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 09:40:28 AM »
I haven't bought this game yet (tuition is a little steep this semester), but it looks like that track is the same track that is in the N360 game.

Are most of the tracks like that?
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 12:53:18 AM »
they have a handful of new tracks, and they brought back some retro tracks as well.

Tags: