Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 15386 times)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »
Just wait an episode or two next spring and most of the good guys will die!

Yeah, HBO is really good at that.  But also great at bringing new characters in, and building them into the story. 

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »
I'm out of the Game of Thrones fan club.

First season was fairly cool, but I never really cared for the writing style of GRR whatever. Then killing off the only good char...

I made the mistake of looking ahead in the series by reading the summaries on Wiki. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'll just stop there.

I may DVR the next ones and watch them when there's nothing else on... but it won't be my "OMG I have to be home Sunday Night to watch GoT!!" kind of show.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
dam this thread being rezzed made me thin it was a new season already ... i'll just go back to my mediocre life... ignoring Cerveza comments as i have not read ahead.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline luv2luvlong

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 09:45:42 AM »
I'm out of the Game of Thrones fan club.

First season was fairly cool, but I never really cared for the writing style of GRR whatever. Then killing off the only good char...

I made the mistake of looking ahead in the series by reading the summaries on Wiki. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'll just stop there.

I may DVR the next ones and watch them when there's nothing else on... but it won't be my "OMG I have to be home Sunday Night to watch GoT!!" kind of show.
you mean your not interested in seeing how grusome they make the red wedding??? :o
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »
I enjoyed reading the series... so i know what all goes on.. The book does better than wiki..  but that is how life goes.. it ain't no bed of roses.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »
Cerv,  I think you may be surprised.  HBO generally doesn't follow a series so closely that you can predict what will happen from reading them ahead of time.  True Blood is a good example.  The character Lafayette died in the first book (second or third episode I imagine), but tested so well in the first episode or two that he stuck around.  I would guess that they have the same license here. 
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
cant wait to see the next season. I've read every book twice, except a dance with dragons.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »
Well I started watching this series the week and it looked to be pretty good.

Offline holmedog

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • holmedog has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
Cerv,  I think you may be surprised.  HBO generally doesn't follow a series so closely that you can predict what will happen from reading them ahead of time.  True Blood is a good example.  The character Lafayette died in the first book (second or third episode I imagine), but tested so well in the first episode or two that he stuck around.  I would guess that they have the same license here. 

You've obviously never read any of GRRM's standpoints on IP.  He's one of the tightest wads there are.  I would be amazed if the show deviates more than ~5% at the most.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »
I'm standing firm on my statements above.

I've been recording it and watching it during the week. I'm taking it off the DVR and I'll just catch it On Demand whenever....

I began reading the books, well the first book years ago. I didn't like the writing style and found out it wasn't even a fantasy novel but more of the political pages from a newspaper.

The show is nothing more then a political drama set in medieval times. That may be what some are looking for, but I was looking for more of a fantasy show with dragons and wolves and undead attacking from the north.

I'll still watch it, but it's gone from my DVR recording list.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 11:37:47 AM »
So it didn't light your farts on fire?
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
I love it!

especially Tyrion Lannister

Best in the books and so far on the series!

Tags: