Author Topic: Despise Dungeon Revamp  (Read 10235 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Despise Dungeon Revamp
« on: September 02, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »
If you're looking for tremendous excitement and challenge, look elsewhere.  If, however, you want a fairly low-stress chance at the new Despise artifacts then you've come to the right place.

Walkthru:

A) Go read uoguide's Despise page.  Seriously.  
B) Get two friends or two additional accounts.  Have stealth.  Have magery and a ton of MR.
C) Go to the evil side of Despise.  Grab yourself at least three different monsters, one on each account.  I recommend:  Darkmane, Echinite and Phantom for the discord.
D) While still on the evil side, start letting your new friend kill other evil stuff.  You need to avoid other players until your fresh tame turns blue from the karma increase.  Most people aren't smart enough yet to know that you can keep your pet from attacking someone else's grey fresh tame with the wisp control token.
E) When your tame reaches about level 9, you ought to be able to park your pet in one spawn spot and just ignore it until it hits the max level of 15.  Go work on the other two tames while you wait.
F) Park your level 15 pet on the good side while you wait, just in case something remarkably bad happens while you're not paying attention.
G) When all three pets are level 15, use the wisp orb context menu to conscript them.  
**Important:  Make certain that you've conscripted all the pets.  I'd say do it twice, just in case.
**Equally important:  Do not conscript your pets until you can do all three at once.  You've been warned.
H) Stealth your way to the center island, killing the level 8s and 9s you encounter.  No sweat.
**IMPORTANT:  Do not bother with killing the wisp.  Time your approach so you get the actual boss.  The wisp just respawns when you kill it.
I) Stealth your Echinite toward the middle of the island first.  He is your tank.
J) Bring the other two up to join the battle.  Once you've confirmed that the Bad Guy and his little wisp friend are beating on your wolf, run the below snippet on each of three characters:

Stolen from EN:
Code: [Select]
set %heal_spell 28
set %heal_who [INSERT ID HERE]
set %cast_delay 60
Main:
gosub castit 15 %heal_spell %heal_who %cast_delay
wait 60
goto Main:
;-------------------------------------
; %1 = Event Macro Param 1
; %2 = Event Macro Param 2
; %3 = Target ID or NONE
; %4 = Spell Delay
sub castit
  if %3 = NONE
  {
    event macro %1 %2
    set %fcr ( #sCnt2 + %4 )
    return
  }
  finditem %3 G_8
  if #findkind = -1
    return
  set #ltargetID %3
  set #ltargetKind 1
  event macro %1 %2
  target
  event macro 22 0
  set %fcr ( #sCnt2 + %4 )
return

K) Loot.

I haven't had a chance to do this more than once yet.  I used Darkmane, Echinite and Naba.  The Naba is the spellcaster, and seemed to always be out of mana.  I'd really recommend either the discording Phantom or the healing Promethiod.  I was never able to get a Promethiod high enough - they die a lot - so I went with a convenient Naba instead.

No artifacts, but a pile of non-cursed new loot system Artifacts to sort through.  Many were cursed, but a number were not.  No idea if luck played a role, but I had only 100.  Next time, I'll try it with luck.

Let me know if you have questions.

Enjoy!

EDITS:  Between J) and K), you'll need a book.  
When I say "a ton of MR" I mean: "A character that can cast one GHeal every 6 seconds without ever running out of mana."  Very easy to do.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 11:27:40 AM by NObama »

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Despise Dungeon Revamp
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 08:20:05 AM »
Thanks for the walkthrough NObama.  Going to get down in there today and see what it's all about.

Offline Trixta

• 69 Forever!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Trixta has no influence.
  • Respect: +29
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:08:32 AM »
Flawless!  i should have read this before I sent you my pm haha

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 11:27:58 AM »
Edited the original post:  Don't bother killing the wisp.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »
I've just verified this process.  It all still works.  I know in other threads I was suggesting you turn the good creatures evil, but that seems completely optional.  There is no benefit that I can tell to being good or evil in this scenario.

Offline diebunnydie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • diebunnydie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
Im sure there are many ways to skin a cat but the way I skin this one is to get archers from the positive Karma side (lvl 1) train them up either upstairs or on the 3rd floor. Once they are trained start heading over to the island and try very hard to not get targeted as you walk to the north said of the island and up on the cliff so that you can be elevated on the entrance side of the island. It takes about ten minutes to drop the boss if you have 3-4 archers and be sure to bring a discorder and discord the boss otherwise it takes a good amount of time longer.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:53:59 AM »
I tried doin this dungeon a couple of times... Trammies were being really inefficient and got mad at me, don't think I've gone back since >_>

I would gladly accept a change to fel despise to include this though as keeping a mage blue is a hassle.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: