Author Topic: How To: Whammy Boss Solos!  (Read 8792 times)

Offline Noobie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Noobie has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How To: Whammy Boss Solos!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 07:00:41 AM »

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 07:40:30 AM »
I have modified all my soul seekers to different super slayers ;)
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 07:39:39 AM »
Paroxysmus - About the purifier, hes very easy to do. Cant link any screenshots because i just started playing again :) I think i used a necro mage for this. Been over a year but i dont see a reason why it should no longer work. Its a bit hard to explain thou without visual aids hehe...

Basically where u find the Purifier theres like a wall that seperates 2 areas. Imagine this to be A\B where A = the dead end section, \ = the wall with a small entrance on the right, B the way u come in...

What u need to do is pull the purifier out of A to B, if he isnt already in B. Run as much away from A (with precast invisibility) as u can (north) without entering the section with all the nasty spawns... Only thing u should have near u is purifier and those slimy things (one other creature that spawns the slimys but cant remember its name-paralyze + scissors works nice on them :P). Ok, so once you've pulled him north u need to use your precasted invisibility spell and run very quickly back to A and put a wall of stone in the passage (wait for him to aggro and u might want to exercise that wall so u know where to aim to have full block), then run way left against the wall so purifier will also walk to the left but on other side of wall. Keep close to that wall, some spots wont let u cast, some will. Wraith form and i think i kept using energy bolts, lots of mana reg is recommended + sdi ;) Once u get the hang of it, its easiest of all keys ;)

In short :
1) Get to the area of the purifier, use invis to avoid pulling stuff from the east...
2) Pre-cast invisibility and aggro him, pull him north, when he gets close invis (tip : pots can save ur life).
3) After you used invis run south of the wall, wait for him to aggro, cast a wall of stone inside the passage (not all tiles give perfect block... remember where the good spot is hehe) so the purifier is blocked in north section
4) Run to the left untill u reach the wall, u should see purifier doing the same on northside. Some tiles against this wall u will be safe from him, some spots u can cast from, some not... u need to experiment a little your first time.
5) Kill and loot
6) Be carefull, he has a tendancy to respawn very quickly.

Not sure if u already knew this trick... Got any questions, feel free to ask ;)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:49:30 AM by Pearls »
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

Tags: