Author Topic: Training Imbue: Brief Tutorial  (Read 34984 times)

Scrripty

Re: Training Imbue: Brief Tutorial
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 08:10:17 PM »
What annoys me is the expectation is that it will be available to everyone and it won't unless you make a crafter yourself. Don't get me wrong I know for the most part everyone in time will take a crafter up but this makes it a requirment for the game. I'm seeing stain dyes at 300k already and they are not worth more than 10k.

There was a guy on sonoma that had them at 8 and 900k.  He was at his vendor when I was shopping.  I gave him a piece of my mind.  He followed me and said, I know what supply and demand is.  Are people really paying a MIL for 5 charges of a colored dye?   I bought from another vendor for 80k cause that seems fair to me.  He did the work... and had a fair price. :) 

Offline Zagro

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Zagro has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »
I'v been adding Hit dispel to daggers... But that adding more then 1 mod sounds a good idea since it's starting to eat a lot of gems.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 04:58:30 AM »
  Have you tried pvping recently?  Hitting someone with imbued items on is near impossible.  It's basically run around and swing at each other forever.  Worthless.  I'm going to give my opinion here, and say this is going to hurt the game pretty badly.

You do of course realize Twinkle McNugget that less then 10% of the player base PvP. I dont see how anything that makes it tougher for 10% of the players is going to hurt it, in fact I would think it a boon to the other 90%.

Don't get me wrong...I am NOT against consensual PvP all I am saying is that less then 10% of the player base ingage in it. Right now every site, and most of the players are talking about how great this expansion is. Funny...the only players being REAL quiet are the PvP's.

Right or wrong this expansion will go a long ways in making the have, and have nots even. The casual player (those that have only a hour or so a day to play) will eventualy have as good of armor and weapons as those that play 24/7. This will take a lot of the "camping" out of the game, and should go a long way twords stopping the duping. It should also act as somewhat of a gold sink, bringing the economy back in check a bit.

These are all only MY opinion, but I believe that this expansion might help save the game we love so much...I believe this expansion is going to increase the player base. If it does...then PvP's will benifit as much as anybody. If the player base goes up it only stands to reason that the PvP base will go up also. I cant see how this will hurt the hardcore TRUE PvPers....altho...it might hurt the miner/lumberjack killers....cuz it wont be to long until EVERYBODY will be wearing uber lootz and carrying uber weaponz.

The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 05:26:51 AM »
TT the thing that made this game great was the struggle to acheive.  I've played it a LONG time.  I played every Ultima up until UO.  The thing that was "fun" about the Ultima's was the struggle.  Actually feeling like you had moral choices to make.  Fighting "evil."  Getting that first really good magic item that you worked so hard to acheive.  If you've played UO for any length of time, say before Trammel, you might have gotten a taste of what it was like not to be spoon fed everything in Ultima.  When you had to fight for what you wanted.  I had to do it when I started.  I had to run from Minoc to Brit to sell what I'd mined.  But I had to do it avoiding groups of pks.  I didn't have a gm to hold my hand and a dev team to give me everything on a silver platter. :)  And I wouldn't want it if I did... If you think about it, this is just the last ditch efforts of EA to save a dying game, and in my opinion, they're killing it faster.  I'm sure some here would agree.  Fun expansion?  Sure.  Good for the game?  No way.  This is one of the most interesting patches in a LONG time, but only someone that likes having everything given to them could really say this is a "good" design choice...   Where's the fun in building up a skill to 100, which you and I both have probly already done,  and having access to the top tier of things in the game?  I had to work for MONTHS to get a solid set of pvp jewels... now in a week, I can have the best in game there is?  Even my good sense balks at that idea...  Do I like having access to that?  Sure... but it's "too easy."  I think I could drum up support from more than 10 percent of people when I say that.  But yea, SA is fun as a whole.  Sure. :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 05:33:07 AM by Scripty »

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 05:33:44 AM »
I will be happy to respond to your post, but before I do one thing you should know, because I have talked about here many times, is the fact that I started playing this game 3 weeks after it was released. I played for a year after trammel in fact, then I took some time off, and came back. ATM my oldest acct is 102 months. So I have "been there, done that".
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 06:01:58 AM »
I would think that all of the hardcore PvP's should be jumping with joy about this expansion. Now, in time, PvP will no longer be about who had the most gold. Now everybody's gear will be level, the weaopons will be level. Now it is going to come down to skill. Who made the better template, who has the better PvP skills. This expansion so levelled the playing field (with the exception of speed hacks, stump hacks etc) I would think that more people will even try PvP now. Now the guy/gal that only has a few hours to play can put a suit and armor together and be competitive..the only thing in the way is their skill. Now you dont have to have 300M for a suit to be on a somewhat level playing field. The person that can only log on for a few hours a week will eventually be able to compete.

I would think that this is a huge plus for the PvP world.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009, 06:12:02 AM »
Getting the subject back on track for a min.  If anyone liked the above mentioned tutorials or helpful information in embueing please give the author some karma boosts.

Scrripty

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2009, 06:19:32 AM »
Getting the subject back on track for a min.  If anyone liked the above mentioned tutorials or helpful information in embueing please give the author some karma boosts.

Paul gets good karma for the tutorial and for helping test muh script! :)  I served you up some karma Paul.  Hey, I'm going to post the newest version I have here, it's got a TON of things I'm working on in it, but it *SHOULD* be the best version to date.  WAY WAY better than any version you've used. :)  When easyuo is working give it a go.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 06:36:32 AM »
I kinda think the opposite regarding PvP.

The rich will be the best PvP'ers. It's already moved in that direction. The ONLY time the playing field was level was when GM Made armor and weapons were the only available and everyone could have them. That's the only time that people's abilities were what made them good PvP'ers.

The "Age of Items" forever changed PvP in UO. This patch is just the pinnacle of that mistake.

I await the next patch, where you can just go to a web page and build the item you want, then buy it.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2009, 06:47:48 AM »
But I dont think you will have to be rich to be able to compete in PvP now. Everybody should be making armor/weaps to fit thier template, should come back around to skills again.

Scrripty

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 07:35:37 AM »
But I dont think you will have to be rich to be able to compete in PvP now. Everybody should be making armor/weaps to fit thier template, should come back around to skills again.

Last night I was fighting a dexer on a dexer.  We both had imbued items and faction items.  It was a swing fest.  We just ran around swinging.  I dismounted him.  Get back on my horse after landing ONE bleed.  Couldn't disarm him.  It went on like that for a good 10 minutes before I finally got him with a few LUCKY disarms and a deathstike and ai or two before he could rearm.   This patch has changed the mechanics to pvm only for a bit.  It's just pointless to get sleep spammed by 20 mages and running in circles with dexers is not what I'd call fun.  This new dev team thought this would be the idea to end all ideas, and they have GREAT ideas... it's just the implementation that needs work.  They listened too much when people cried about how hard it was to get relic fragments.  They should have left it where it was.  That would have been the game for trammies, trying to get enough relic fragments together to get ONE insane weapon or a few armor pieces... That I can see.  But now anyone can have this stuff within a week of starting... that's just nuts.  And not good design...

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 07:41:45 AM »
Dunno...I think I have made my point. If that fight took you 10+ min then it was a evenly matched fight (gear wise) and it came down to who had the better skilz...not who was the richer player and the best gear!

I would think you TRUE PvP's would love this..a battle to the death with skilz being the only deciding thing...plus..if the avg joe player feels he/she might now have a chance in PvP you might even find yourself not having to search so hard for a fight, there should be more ppl trying PvP.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:59:21 AM by Toptwo »

Scrripty

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 08:26:45 PM »
Dunno...I think I have made my point. If that fight took you 10+ min then it was a evenly matched fight (gear wise) and it came down to who had the better skilz...not who was the richer player and the best gear!

I would think you TRUE PvP's would love this..a battle to the death with skilz being the only deciding thing...plus..if the avg joe player feels he/she might now have a chance in PvP you might even find yourself not having to search so hard for a fight, there should be more ppl trying PvP.

One of best things to happen to pvp in my opinion was diversity.  When they went to items it really sucked, but some of the best times for pvp in uo's history in my opinion, were when EVERYTHING was diverse.  Templates, skills, items, all of it.  Now everyone will have top end gear, top end skills, and it will be boring.  The 90 tactics thing hurt template diversity a TON.  Which in turn sent everyone back to more cookie cutter templates.  This will do the same thing.  Instead of working with what you have, everyone will work to have.  Evening the playfield isn't what needs to happen.  This is like a GM walking through luna and dropping godly items for everyone to have.  Fun?  Sure.  Good for the game?  No.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 05:05:01 AM »

One of best things to happen to pvp in my opinion was diversity.  When they went to items it really sucked, but some of the best times for pvp in uo's history in my opinion, were when EVERYTHING was diverse.  Templates, skills, items, all of it.  Now everyone will have top end gear, top end skills, and it will be boring.  The 90 tactics thing hurt template diversity a TON.  Which in turn sent everyone back to more cookie cutter templates.  This will do the same thing.  Instead of working with what you have, everyone will work to have.  Evening the playfield isn't what needs to happen.  This is like a GM walking through luna and dropping godly items for everyone to have.  Fun?  Sure.  Good for the game?  No.

I don't want to come off rude here, or sound like I am making an attack on you because it certianly isnt my intention...I am just trying to usnderstand PvP.

What it sounds like to me is you are wanting to sit back and choose your attackee....if that person has inferior gear, then attack, because the outcome will then be a foregone conclusion...you win!!

But...if the atackee has just as good of gear, then the outcome is not so cut and dry...you might run up against somebody with better skills and you lose.

To me THIS is what sounds like true PvP. When it comes down to skills, and not who had the most gold to be able to afford the best gear.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 05:36:56 AM »
Once, gear didn't make as much difference because everyone was limited in what gear they could have. Then the "Age of Items" came along and all that changed.

Here's another way of looking at it...

PvP was based on skill, timing and connection. The Developers were very involved in balancing everything so no one template had an overwhelming advantage - PvP was a major part of the game, Fel ruleset only. Then items were introduced. Developers were somewhat involved in balancing PvP - PvM became the major part of the game with the opening of Trammel.

Over time, Developers have become less involved, opting to throw prettys at the players instead of balancing what was really wrong. As items increased, Developer maintenance has decreased, now the only thing Developers do is work on new content.

Once, the best items were affordable to everyone. GM armor and weapons were amongst the best available. Now, only the rich can afford the very best items (Inquis Res).
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: