Author Topic: Training Imbue: Brief Tutorial  (Read 34975 times)

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Training Imbue: Brief Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 05:52:07 AM »

Once, the best items were affordable to everyone. GM armor and weapons were amongst the best available. Now, only the rich can afford the very best items (Inquis Res).

This is the point I am trying to make Cerv...and maybe I am seeing it wrong. I have been known to be wrong on MANY occasions. But with this new expansion isnt everybody going to go for imbued gear? I realize that not everybody has the time or gold ATM to make a legendary imbuer, but eventually wont everybody probably have one? Or if not at least have access to legendary imbued gear. If so, then the gear issue has again resolved itself. It will basicly go back to the age of GM gear being the best again.

I know there will be some items like inquisitor's or something that will be better then imbued stuff...but if the avg player can build all their gear instead of forking out 300M for a suit, they will have more gold to spend, so, they too can buy a inquisitors. Coughing up 20M for a inquistors is easy if you don't hafta fork out 300M on the rest of the suit.

I must be missing something because I see this differently. Hell, I might even take a shot at PvP eventually now, because I wont have to liquidate everything I own to put a PvP suit together. I will fell like I have at least a chance of surviving with a fully imbued set of gear, and it will cost me nothing but time to put it together.

One way I am looking at it (and again I am probably wrong) is this:

The PK will hate this expansion...fights might not be as easy as they were.
The PvP should love this expansion...because eventually it should all come back to skills.

The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 06:29:01 AM »
Ahhh.. I see the disconnect. You have to PAY to get imbuing. So, if you don't want to upgrade, you don't have the same access to that type of gear.

People who don't upgrade, won't have the stuff.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 06:34:08 AM »
Ahhh.. I see the disconnect. You have to PAY to get imbuing. So, if you don't want to upgrade, you don't have the same access to that type of gear.

People who don't upgrade, won't have the stuff.

Well..you have a very valid point there. I do think they will have access eventually because the vendors should be full of imbued stuff in time...and being that there will be a glut (just like GM made stuff years ago) the prices will come down to being affordable for those that choose not to upgrade, but it will take some time before that happens.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Scrripty

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 06:48:11 AM »
I don't think you're attack me TT. haha :)  The problem I think is too, is that now people don't have to put in the time that the rest of us did.  You'll see what I'm saying if you take up pvp.  Items still wont make you good.  They just make you harder to kill. :)  If you take up pvp tho, make sure you have resist, because I'll sleep spam for sure.  Also about the whole attack the weakest person thing.  When you're solo fighting against a group like I do a lot, YES, that's a valid tactic.  Imagine fighting 10 on 1 against varying templates.  Now imagine that same fight against 10 people with imbued gear.  Doesn't look so enticing to be a solo fighter anymore does it?

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009, 09:09:20 AM »
I saw some people ask about unraveling.  I started at 50 imbue so I was getting Magical residue and a bit of Essence from the start.  I did notice that there was stuff I couldn't unravel until I hit around 65 and then I got my first relic at 95.1.   I have been making exceptional oak bows to farm up residue.  I have been using a lot of Essence making items to sell, so to farm up Essence I make exceptional lightweight jingasa then just imbue them with even just 1 luck or 1 lrc and I get Essence from unraveling them.  I don't know of a good way to farm up relics but I heard of people unraveling faction artis, cursed artis, wildfire, bladedance, nox ranger's, wrath of dryad, katrina's crook, and a lof the tot minors.

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »
I know a SWEET way to get tons of faction arties fairly easily.  It can be afk'd.  I have been considering writing that script, and I think this just sealed the deal. :)

Offline Rn

• Activity:
    0%
  • Rn has no influence.
  • Respect: +15
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2009, 09:48:02 AM »
I know a SWEET way to get tons of faction arties fairly easily.  It can be afk'd.  I have been considering writing that script, and I think this just sealed the deal. :)

silver serps in the weald?

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
I could be wrong, but I dont see where runic hammers, saws, or fletching kits will have much use anymore. At least not for the lower end ones. So I just used all my Oak and Yew fletching kits, and all my DC, Shadow, and copper runic hammers..netted a bit over 4k essance, and about 7k residue.

Offline PauloniusTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »
The value I still see in the low end hammers, in addition to imbue resources, is that they can make 100% characteristics like 50% hit lightning and +15HCI, etc.  I am putting together a short script that will pick up resources (iron/wood/etc) and your (low end) runic, crank out the selected weapons in a make max shot, use TM's CLAw to sort out any items you would want to keep rather than get the imbue ingredient, unwind the rest, drop your residue, etc. into a container, and repeat. I have a couple of the subs done, just waiting for EUO to get back online to complete it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Scrripty

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2009, 11:17:08 AM »
The value I still see in the low end hammers, in addition to imbue resources, is that they can make 100% characteristics like 50% hit lightning and +15HCI, etc.  I am putting together a short script that will pick up resources (iron/wood/etc) and your (low end) runic, crank out the selected weapons in a make max shot, use TM's CLAw to sort out any items you would want to keep rather than get the imbue ingredient, unwind the rest, drop your residue, etc. into a container, and repeat. I have a couple of the subs done, just waiting for EUO to get back online to complete it.

EUO works on Lexia... everything so far has been pretty comparable... I've continued scripting right on through the patch.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »
I managed to put together a UOLoop/UOA macro tonight that runs pretty smoothly for training imbue.

I set up a UOA macro that will use a dull copper runic hammer to make a dagger and imbue a one gem property like 10 luck onto it. Then it hits imbue last 12 or so times, and then unravels the dagger. I timed the macro and it took about 20 seconds, so I set up a UOLoop to hit the macro start every 21 seconds. Will roll through a pack of materials in about 20 minutes.  Some items will be too hard, and some will be too easy, so it will likely cost a lot more in materials.  For  me the savings in clicks is worth it until we manage to cobble together a real imbue trainer...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

-Mario Andretti

Offline Petkiller

• Activity:
    0%
  • Petkiller has no influence.
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 05:12:03 AM »
Yes the DC hammers are great to make weapons with mods that take relic fragments like Lighting/ssi.   I use the oak kits to start with balanced and slayers to imbue.  I was able to get my luck suit to 100% lrc just took about 6 tries of 90 luck 18 lrc and enhancing with gold. 

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 05:53:35 AM »
Enhancing with gold? I thought that was not supposed to be possible with imbue

-Mario Andretti

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 05:59:10 AM »
  That will work for the starter imbuer, but when you get your skill up you need to imbue a 2nd then 3rd and finally a 4th property onto it to gain. I did all my clicking by hand, and it took a couple intense days to 120 this skill. I would say that from 90-120 took me about 15 hours. I tried a lot of different ways, but finally found this to be the easiest...but deffinatly not the cheapest (gold wise) I think I prolly spent about 12M to finally hit legendary. I found it much easier and faster to actually put a forge in my house instead of trying to work out of the bank, or off a beetle.

If the soulforge is to big for your house then you can use the goza mat trick to make the forge smaller..assuming you have enough space to at least fit it, this way you can trim it all the way down to 2 tiles if you want.

Get yourself 10-12 Imbue recycle bags ..they are only 2505 gold each.

WARNING..THIS IS NOT THE CHEAPEST WAY TO DO THIS, BUT I THINK THE FASTEST!!!!

As stated by Paulonius in the first post before I so rudely hijacked it with PvP talk (Sorry my friend) you want to keep your skills in the 50%-60% chance range. I personally found I got my best and fastest gains keeping between 54%-58% skill.
I started the skill at 50 (made new garg char) but if your just starting out buy the skill as high as you can.

Ok. Time to start.

First make 100 daggers for each of your bags, you can easily use the new client for this so you wont have to click more then a couple clicks per bag. These dagger should be just out of regular iron ingots with no runic tool used. Just plain ole daggers.

Next its time to start imbuing. Start with imbuing dispel on your daggers. A lot has been said about keeping your daggers to re-imbue again later. You can do this but I found it hard to keep track, and actually slower to gain AT LOWER LEVELS OF SKILL. Once your skill is up to 90 or so, then you will HAVE to keep your daggers to re-imbue...but not now. Find the intensity range that allows you to keep between 50-60% chance and go for it. I imbued each dagger the max times and kept at it adding higher and higher intensity until I finally could gain no more, or I hit 44% intensity. The reason to stop at 44 is that after that you must add a 3rd ingrediant to the mix. Watch your % chance, because as you get close to getting out of the 58% chance STOP !!!

Unravel ALL of those daggers and make new ones. You have hit them the max amount of times, so they are worthless now..unravel and make new.

Imbue all of these New daggers to 44 Intensity. Only Imbue each one once. By the time you get through your bags you should be at 60% chance to succeed (or close to it) ...note...you will still gain past 60% chance, just not as fast.

Now..Add in your second Mod. I used Hit Fire area. Again, I used each dagger all the way up. Keep adding intensity on the mod like before to keep yoursef in the 50-57% chance to hit range and imbue each dagger the maximum amount of times..just like before, keep a close eye on your skill and as you start to get 44 Intensity on the mod, and your skill makes it so your getting close to getting out of the 58% chance to succeed, slow down a bit. Chances are you will have to go through a second set of 10 bags doing this before you max out, but its not impossible you will have your skill high enough by now that you can no longer gain with 2 Mods, at 44% intensity. Again..unravel all your daggers and make new ones.

Once you have all your new daggers made its time to add in the third Mod. Its at this point that I dropped to 5 bags, just so I would have more control over not wasting as much resources if I were to gain faster then I thought.

Go through all your daggers hitting them first with 44% dispell, then 44% Hit Fire Area.  By the time you get through them you will be getting out of the 60% chance to succeed range. Time to add the 3rd Mod. For this I used Cold Resist. Just like before, you want to keep it between 50-58% chance, and again, I imbued each dagger the max amount of times. The biggest difference here is to STOP when you are at the 60% chance to imbue range AND you are at 7% intensity (this WILL save Gold). By this time you will probably be around 114 skill, so now we add in the 4th and final Mod.

Unravel all the daggers you have hit the max times. Make new ones. At this point I dropped to using only 1 recycle bag. Its a tiny bit more time consuming but you wont waste resources should you power right through to 120 skill. Now you should be imbuing each dagger one at a time...again, this will let you have better control over what you are doing. Hit each dagger with 44% intensity Dispel, then 44% intensity Hit Fire Area, then 7% Cold resist, then for the 4th Mod use luck. You can hit luck from 1% intensity to 19% intensity using only 1MR and 1 Gem. This makes it VERY nice because you can use the different intensities from 1-19 to adjust your % chance to hit, to keep it in that 54-58 range for the fastest skill gain. I dont remember EVER having to go above 19% intensity to keep my % chance to hit between 54-58. You will most likely have to go through a dozen bags to hit 120 skill, but because at this point consuming reasources was getting VERY high, I went one bag at a time. I would have hatted to put my first 3 mods on 12 bags, and then hit 120 skill on bag #8...you would have wasted 4 bags worth of resources. You will get to 120 skill using just these 4 Mods, and adjusting the luck intensity to what you need to keeping it between 54-58% chance.

Also, I found it cheaper to do the quest from the guy standing at the N of the soulforge in Ter-Mur to get my 120 scroll. He only wants 50 Essance to give you a 115 scroll of imbue..so do the quest 10 times at a cost of 500 essance and you can then bind thos 10-115 scrolls into a 120 scroll.

Well, this is the way I did it. I am sure there are less expensive ways, and probably faster ways, but I just thought I would share how I did it. I figure it took me a total of 19 hours to go from 50-120 skill. I think I spent about 12M on gems, and used between 18-22K residue.

GOOD LUCK!!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:05:37 AM by Toptwo »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 06:02:12 AM »
Once you imbue an item.  You can then enchance it.  The chances of a good enhance are very low cause it is now so hard to enchance but i have done a few already.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:06:10 AM by Masscre »

Tags: