Author Topic: Meraktus & The 4 Tormented Minotaurs (Labyrinth)  (Read 25755 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Meraktus & The 4 Tormented Minotaurs (Labyrinth)
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:30:32 PM »
I'm not sure how many of your have been down to the Labyrinth to challenge the crazed Minotaur Meraktus but if you have the patience and like a challenge it can be alot of fun and I strongly suggest it. It's definately not for everyone and there are tricks that can make it easier but I'll let you figure them out for yourselves.

Thus far from my experience solo'ing it, it takes a little over an hour to spawn the Champion, sometimes longer... like I said patience is a must in the Labyrinth.

I'm not sure how much faster a large guild could prop him up because it's really dependent on the minotaurs spawning. The strategy of running all over the entire Labyrinth fighting Pyre and Reptalons and perhaps even rend in order to spawn Merkatus well...it's a deathwish. It can get really crazy down there in a split second if you play yours cards wrong. Patience and determination is really what is needed. So anyone who enjoy's soloing Paroxysmus or Dreadhorn should make a  trip down and test your metal against the strongest the Labyrinth has to offer. With the introduction of Replica's the trip might actually be worthwhile.

Direction are head all the way to the back of the Labryinth. Outside the Gate is where the majority of Minotaurs will spawn. Inside the gate is the large building where Meraktus will appear with his Tormented Minotaurs.

It takes ALOT of killing of minotaurs and the progression will start with the shouting "I see invaders! Must warn the others!". Which will be followed by "Aid the others! Kill the invaders!" and finally after approximately an hour of slaying Minotaurs A Minotaur Captian bellows, "Meraktus has arrived!". You will only hear the "Meraktus has arrived!" message once so pay close attention. It's a good idea to keep an eye on the large building with a stealther to see if you missed the message and he did indeed arrive.

Meraktus and his crew of Minotaurs are not to be trifle with. It might be a good idea to take on Dreadhorn or Paroxysmus before taking on Meraktus even though his HP is alot lower and he goes down fast he hits like a ton of bricks. I can't remember the last time I took so many dirtnaps but for me it has been alot of fun and a great way for solo players to get replicas.

Good luck and be sure to share your experiences. :)

The final Battle with the Minotaurs before their Master Appears:

A Close up or Meraktus and his minions (I just need to learn how to edit screenshots better..sorry TM!LOL!):

Cornered by Merkatus the Tormented:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:44:17 PM by Ultima »

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Merkatus & The 4 Tormented Minotaurs (Labyrinth)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 02:16:20 AM »
I didn't know you played WOW!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:05:58 AM »
Yeah that's the beauty of UOKR. You can zoom in and out to play at whatever angle you like. It's a very nice feature indeed and the bird's eye view comes in very handy when fighting against the baddies. 8)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »
Yeah that's the beauty of UOKR. You can zoom in and out to play at whatever angle you like. It's a very nice feature indeed and the bird's eye view comes in very handy when fighting against the baddies. 8)

You didn't just use the words "Beauty" and "KR" in the same sentence did you?  :p

Seriously, thanks for that write up. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 12:30:12 PM »
Well it's really alot of fun down there and a good way for one player to get some relics without having to be in a large guild and worry about sharing. If I can figure out what the hell I'm doing I'll post a few more screenshots of them there good looking UOKR screenshots I know you guys are so fond of. :P

According to UOGuide your not supposed to engage in Melee with Merkatus which is exactly why it makes for a challenging experience for a whammy. I don't think I've not died yet...maybe I need to get my hands on some EP rings and bracelets and take full advantage of potions.

But yeah TM you should definately make a trip down there if you haven't...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 12:33:07 PM by Ultima »

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:34:56 PM »
my whammy is still in training.  maybe if i came over to someone elses shard and watched them, i'd learn a bit more technic

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 02:27:55 PM »
Your more than welcome to come join me and Chlamydia Jane/Hoby on the Asian Shard we migrated to for farming powerscrolls and replicas. If you just want to watch and create a new character that is fine too. I'll show you what little I know. It's really quite simple once you understand how the template works. I remember being in awe of people who solo'd Dreadhorn and for the longest time that was one of my goals in UO. ;D

Dreadhorn is a breeze now and I even do that one AFK. Paroxysmus can be tricky but I haven't tested out the leaf blade (feint) because I'm live by my soulseeker. Now Meraktus...I'm hooked on doing him even though it can be painfully slow spawning him and very anti-climatic when he doesn't drop a replica but the only other Champ Boss I can solo is Barracoon and the majority of his replicas aren't as good as the other bosses with the exception of the oak leaf cloak.

I'm gonna derail my own thread. PM if your ever interested in watching/joining us out on either my home shard or the Asian Shard.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 02:31:33 PM by Ultima »

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Re: Meraktus & The 4 Tormented Minotaurs (Labyrinth)
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 03:28:20 PM »
I just can't seem to find the right weapon to do the job..
btw whats your stats at?

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 06:39:24 PM »
I'm at:

125 Str
95 Dex
30 Int

Which puts me at 245 and reminds me I need to do a harrower someday soon or forkout the cash for a stat scroll. Who did you struggle against...Dreadhorn? I have to admit my knowledge of SSI in relation to Dex and Stamina is lacking. I think http://www.uocraft.com/ has a SSI calculator. Cervza has posted the the formula before I just seem to do 'okay' so I go with the flow....plus my weapon of choice is SoulSeeker and that puppy has 60SSI on it. Now when I used other weapons they just seem soooo slow because I've become accustomed to and spoiled by the mighty soulseeker. And that whirlwhind is arguably the best special in the game.

What weapon did you use? Post Mods! I have done it on a fencer with Wind's Edge but it was slower than my SS.

It's trial and error. Don't give up or get frustrated. Have fun with it and you'll succeed. Just keep experimenting with different things when something doesn't work. First 3-4 Dreadhorns I did I was forced out of the Weald in utter defeat and humility. The Dreadhorn destroyed me and I wasted an hour or so each time and walked away with no rewards for my efforts. Keep at it and everything will click then it's easy street..as for as Dreadhorn goes.

Meraktus is another story.... Your probability of dieing skyrockets if you want to stand toe to toe with him the entire duration. I've seen a few others in the labyrinth fighting Meraktus and they mainly joust him and heal.

I like to push my luck and stand in with him as long as possible although I've paid the price many many times. :P
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:41:45 PM by Ultima »

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
I was using a leaf blade with 30 SDI, and 20 Stamina Leech.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 07:40:58 PM »
I was using a leaf blade with 30 SDI, and 20 Stamina Leech.

That's it? The SSI is good but with only 2 Mods that's not that great of a weapon. No DI,ML, or HLD on that leafblade?

And who were you fighting against DH or Meraktus?

Also what suit are you wearing? If your wearing a Darkwood suit I can almost guarantee you that your DI is going to be extremely low (Unless you have a heartwood Darkwood which is extremely difficult to craft).

If your DI is below 50 your damage output is so low your hardly leeching anything back. You really need to be in the damage range of 45-70 against DH and 40-60 against Meraktus. If your not hitting either of them that hard your really not in the running.

ICQ me me if you want me to log onto your shard and come watch the action and I'll only offer advice if asked to.  ;)

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 03:50:51 AM »
no, I started to put together a very similar suit as you wear.
heart of lion, fey legs, um.. can't remember everything right now I have about 60 dci, and about 100 di.  I'll get the rest when I get home from work tonight. we can figure it out from there.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 04:30:06 AM »
I am keeping a close eye on this thread just so I can take in all this whammy advice, I thouroughly suck on my wammy lol.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 08:43:55 AM »
Well OMG really is more of the expert as he was playing the whammy over the sampire before the nerf. And he uses those EP rings which can be a life saver when the RNG is being cruel. But again once you get the hang of it..it's alot of fun what you can do...you basically become your own greater Dragon.  :P

Offline Khameleon

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »
I'm Gonna be working on getting a pair of Mace and shield soon.

Code: [Select]
Summed Attributes:
Faster Cast Recovery: 1
Damage Increase: 146
Hit Chance Increase: 9
Hit Point Increase: 6
Defense Chance Increase: 64
Lower Mana Cost: 2
Spell Damage Increase: 9
Luck: 275
Mana Regeneration: 1
Stamina Regeneration: 3