Author Topic: My Home away from Home.  (Read 4011 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
My Home away from Home.
« on: January 14, 2013, 06:14:04 PM »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:15:53 PM by Ultima »

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Home away from Home.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »
That really sux man.  Have you annoyed anyone in game that might take it to the next level?  The golden rule I follow is assume any player that has seen you may have paged & such pages can take HOURS before a GM shows.   Honestly though if someone knows your characters name they can page that way & there is no defence unless your clever enough to be able to answer GM questions via a smartphone heh.   SO..... temp or perma?   If its the last one where is your house & what shard  !  :P

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:05:22 PM »
It's just a 48 hour ban on one of my alternate accounts. I'm manage to wrack up a minimum of 3 or 4 a year across my accounts. Par for the course...

With all the IDOCs and attrition of the UO playerbase across all the shards it just doesn't make much sense to police the game with regards to scripting. This game is now over 15 years old and Ultima Online is not attracting new players.

Scripting is a boon to EA and those employed by the UO Franchise.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:13:17 AM »
Just name EasyUO UOAssist

I doubt they can see much more than the name of the programs that are plugged into the game.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:40:23 AM »
I renamed mine years ago to MP3Player, since all that went on with WOW and how they monitored what programs where running on your computer while playing WOW.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 03:06:00 AM »
I love when I am pulled into jail, I normally try to come up with something witty to annoy the hell out of them forcing them to push me back into the world.  Like asking if i won a prize, telling how I went in this blue gate someone made, and I thought it was an event open to everyone.  Than every time they say something I continue to ask where my prize is and what is, or how excited I am because I have never won something before and isn't this great.  That normally gets them going enough to hear those special words, " Ok this is a warning I will return you to the world".  LOLOLOLOLO  I never do end up getting an emailed warning come to think of it. ;D

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 03:13:04 AM »
I play the "Que? No habla ingles" card. I stick to my guns and keep talking in espanol until they finally give up and figure out I have no clue what they are saying and let me go also :)

Offline Nellie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nellie has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 04:04:23 AM »
Whats worse is when you page on yourself... I paged a GM about an issue i was having in one of my houses, eventually whilst waiting for the GM to arrive i managed to sort it myself. I then went on to merrily script fishing for several hours whilst surfing/reading on the net and checking back often for GM, i then went for dinner leaving the script running. When i got back to the computer some 15 mins later i was in jail and no GM was to be seen. I got a 72 hour ban and have never afk scripted for more than a few mins since. Since then i ensure i cancel pages if i make them lol

Nel.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 06:49:19 AM »
Load up a client, and a version of euox, and then if you use a hex editor to inspect the client's memory usage, you'll see plain as day, one of the memory values says: "Easy UO" lol.   They know, they can block it, they don't because they do not care.  Most of the population in UO probably uses EUO.  If they enforce it, they will lose a lot of money.

Ultima:  It was undoubtedly a page on you from another player.  I Just recieved a 48 hour temp ban about 2 months ago for scripting mining.  Funny thing was, is that i was stuck in the the frozen recall issue and when I tried to log in, it said I was ban.  No GM in my journal, no jail, just a ban.  I contested that I froze, took a piss and came back and was banned.  I was basically told that I had no chance to argue.  One month later, I said I was giving my account to a friend and wanted to know what flags I had.  They said I had no active violations for flags.  What I take out of this... They REALLY do not care. :D  I say macro away
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »
Well we all fondly can recall the Excel spreadsheet of doom and the screw up that is.  I managed to post a screen shot of myself running EUO on stratics when I attempted to sell something a few years back, left it up for 3 days before I noticed it and "adjusted" the pic.  It's to late and the cat's out of the bag for far to long, nothing will change and the game is far to annoying to play with out help of some form.  While I don't mine or fish if I had to go back to playing without stuff like TM's looter or other things I use or have modded I'd quit as would many others I suspect.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
Seems we have all had our run in's with gm's at a bad time.  Paging on yourself ouch, and forgetting to edit it out of a forum post lol thats funny.

Tags: