Ultima Online Fan Board > Rares Collecting

What do you consider "elite" weapons?

(1/2) > >>

TrailMyx:
OMGBurgers got me thinking about this one.  Since I'm not the most knowledgeable person about weapons, I'm curious what people really look for in weapons.  Might do an armor thread too, but for now what do you look for in ideal bows, swords, fencing and macing?  I'm sure your template effects your decision, so what other considerations are there?

Can be either artifacts, or more specifically what do you look for in crafted weapons and the exact stats if you can.

(BTW, OMG wants good bows...  :p )

Masscre:
This is a very good thread and question TM.  I have always wondered this myself.  I have some thoughts but nothing very educational i would think, because I walk though luna and see a kryss with some good mods but dont understand why it is selling for 15 mil.  So i am sure i am not one to answer this thread.

TrailMyx:

--- Quote from: Masscre on April 13, 2009, 10:28:29 AM ---This is a very good thread and question TM.  I have always wondered this myself.  I have some thoughts but nothing very educational i would think, because I walk though luna and see a kryss with some good mods but dont understand why it is selling for 15 mil.  So i am sure i am not one to answer this thread.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I'm also patiently waiting for those nuggets of wisdom.  ;)

_C2_:
I won't be sheding too much light on the subject but the weapon for a sampire makes or breaks the template... so goes the wide variety of pvp templates and how the stats are managed. 

Getting the correct amount of SSI can allow you to manage your character to go lower on dex and stamina pieces...

or bows that don't want a hit spel because for their running shot they do not want a pause from a spell going off.

It is certainly not a easy question to answer because one small tweak to stats or skills creates the demand for a totally different weapon.

I am interested to see what peeps put.

Cerveza:
Everybody has their own guides. This is what I like:

SSI
HLA
HSL
HLL or HML depending on Whammy or Sampire
DI

Now the justification:

SSI usually around 20 or more. Depends on the weapon and the swing break point. I like one handers, little quicker and allows easy pots.

HLA - I use M&S glasses for HLD, I realize they stack, but I like having my opponent hit me less.

HSL - Stamina is a leecher's life. If your stamina gets too low, you swing slower, you hit less often, you leech less, you die.

HLL or HML - Whammy's have no real mana concerns, so I like HLL for them to use with Curse Weapon. Sampires needed to have mana replenishment to keep specials and other mana extensive spells going.

DI - Nice to have on anything, but not entirely necessary. Hit Chance would be a great exchange for DI. The idea of my PvM'ers is the steady kill. Damage will stack up with perfection over time anyways.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version