Author Topic: Solo Twisted Weald/Glade Champion Spawn (Sampire)  (Read 53330 times)

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Twisted Weald/Glade Champion Spawn (Sampire)
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
+1
Any tips on crafting a 100% fire double axe? I've burned through several DC runics and haven't gotten anything that would enhance to 100% fire even.

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 02:24:37 PM »
+1
Any tips on crafting a 100% fire double axe? I've burned through several DC runics and haven't gotten anything that would enhance to 100% fire even.

I believe there is a public crafting script in the submit your script that was a joint effort of Paulonius and Coragin. I've used that before to make alot of good weapons but it's not 100% functional. You have to keep an eye on it because it can miss a weapon or two. You can find it Here!

Anything with 60% Fire you should be able to enhance with Bronze up to 100%. Fire is the easiest of all the elemental weapons to craft....Poison the hardest.

Keep tryin' and don't give up. Trust me when you get one you'll know that it was worth the time it took to get one.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:42:44 PM by Ultima »

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 08:00:09 PM »
+1
Fire is the easiest of all the elemental weapons to craft....Poison the hardest.

Figures.  Of all the things in game to be lucky on, the RNG gives me THIS.  I can't spit without popping out 100% poison weapons.  Yet, somehow, I am pushing 80+ renowneds without a BB...

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »
+1

I believe there is a public crafting script in the submit your script that was a joint effort of Paulonius and Coragin. I've used that before to make alot of good weapons but it's not 100% functional. You have to keep an eye on it because it can miss a weapon or two. You can find it Here!

Anything with 60% Fire you should be able to enhance with Bronze up to 100%. Fire is the easiest of all the elemental weapons to craft....Poison the hardest.

Keep tryin' and don't give up. Trust me when you get one you'll know that it was worth the time it took to get one.

I'm getting an error on that link; I suspect the script may no longer be public. I looked in the public area and didn't see it... I'll keep on plugging though, eventually I should get one. :)

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
+1

I'm getting an error on that link; I suspect the script may no longer be public. I looked in the public area and didn't see it... I'll keep on plugging though, eventually I should get one. :)

Oh boy...I'm on a roll lately. :-[ Too much on my mind these days with school starting.

That script is actually in Paulonious's special project section. If you want PM me what shard your on...I have a few fire double axes on a few shards. I can spare one if your on of the shards where I have characters. I think I've seen your character on one of the shards I'm on....

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
+1
No big deal, I figured it was an accident. I really appreciate the offer... sent you a PM.

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 05:18:50 PM »
+1
Oh man...  what an adventure I've been on all damn day...  This write-up btw was great, I appreciate it. After spending about 200 runic hammers, I finally made a 100% fire axe for the grizzly bears.  I found another 100% fire i imbued for the satyrs too. 

So i attempted the third tier, and holy hell!  They kept spawning into paragon satyrs, so had to get my bard down there, which by the way was the ticket to getting the satyrs back to normal hue. I had 2 reverts going back down to tier 2.  When I remembered...  The new fey slayer katana "Defiler of Virtue" !  Oh yeah!, that was the ticket! honor + double strike, sometimes killed them in 2 hits!  So that was going good, still eventually running out of regular satyrs, so had to log in the bard and take some karma hits provoking cu's and satyrs to keep the level from reverting to 2...  then all of the sudden, ALL the paragons disappeared and spawned regular ones.  I knew that was my chance, and finally the candles lit up like a christmas tree.  But what a friggin pain that level was!  ??? 

By the time I got to the grizzlies, I knew I was home free!  they were a cinch with the fire weapon. 
100% fire - 50% HSL - 50% HLA - 62% HML - 30 SSI Double axe.

But no luck with loot.  Twaulo of the Glade was a TURKEY!  And I got a flippin cornucopia!  haha...  :P  But that Dreadhorn statue will be mine!

Thanks again for the writeup, what a great challenge it was!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
+1
Oh that's right.  Everything is turkeys for the holiday.  Congrats on the victory!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 12:29:07 AM »
+1
Nicely done Seeriusly. It's not any easy spawn to solo by any means especially if you get bad rolls and get Paragons on Tier 3. ;)

I've actually been wanting to do this spawn again. It's my favorite spawn hands down. I think I have 4 or 5 DH's stored away on various shards which goes to show how much I love that particular spawn and the Twisted Weald.

I have HLD, HML, SSI and Hit Lightning on my tailor made axe for the Twisted Weald. HLD because you don't want to whiff on those Satyr. They don't pose any threat until they start with thier Pied Piper routine which seems to take about 3-4 seconds.

I load up on Mana Increase for Tier 3 just over 100 Mana for the Satyr which makes spamming Double Strike very easy. Helm of Insight, RBC, +8 Int Bracelet and Ring that I equip just for that tier.

It's a real pain in the ass when Paragons keep spawning on Tier 3 you just have to battle through it. I usually park a Bard close by to deal with them if it gets out of hand but you can do it all alone without any help. It's just more of a headache dealing with the Paragon Satyrs via melee but I've done it a few times just for the true solo experience. I'll lure Paragons to the gate and Double Strike them to death or use the Momentum Strike trick which seems to work on some shards but not on others.

Don't forget that Bear Slayer Talisman!

Funnest spawn in game! Give Bedlam a try afterwards it's equally challenging.

Keep at it and you'll get the elusive Dreadhorn Statuette (Best statuette in the game...Dreadhorn>Daemonic Crisis imo).

Much respect...post a screenshot when you get the statuette! 8)

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 03:54:02 PM »
+1
Oh yeah that's right, I DID use RBC and pendant of magi for the int bonus, took me to 85 Mana.  I did the spawn again last night, and it was a breeze.  Only thing I screwed up on was I didn't get the honor on Tualo...  What a pain that was.  I swore I got it, but it must've told me something like too far away or something, and I didn't catch it.  And I did use the bear slayer talisman.  Those grizzlies go down fast!  I will do this until I get a couple dreadhorns.  It was really easy the second time.

Allthough...  I need to fix me up a script for the wisps and centaurs, cause what a pain that is clicking them.

The first time when I was having a hard time, I had a bard near the altar discoing all the satyrs.  turns out I never needed him when using the Defiler of Virtue Katana.  That is the way to go.

Thanks again ultima!  That gave me the confidence to try out Bedlam.  I hate those pesky fetids though, GRRR.  I suspect I'll have that dreadhorn statue soon.  It's a must, I have a HUGE statuette collection.   :)

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
+1
So I have been testing this killing Twalo with momentum strike (which doesn't make him attack you), and I haven't got a drop in about 15-20 kills.  I wondered if it made any difference if you stood toe-to-toe with him rather than using that "bug" against him...  still get looting rights, but haven't had a drop.  Anyone ever get a drop by just momentum striking him?  Or is the RNG just not on my side.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 11:09:36 PM »
+1
So I have been testing this killing Twalo with momentum strike (which doesn't make him attack you), and I haven't got a drop in about 15-20 kills.  I wondered if it made any difference if you stood toe-to-toe with him rather than using that "bug" against him...  still get looting rights, but haven't had a drop.  Anyone ever get a drop by just momentum striking him?  Or is the RNG just not on my side.

Interesting...

Obviously there is no way of knowing for sure. When I used Momentum Strike on Twaulo is when I had my bad runs 0-20 actually I went even more than that. It was bad..real bad.  What client are you using Momentum strike on and it's working?

I've tried on on several shards using Momentum Strike with the EC Client but it does not work. Maybe it was with UOKR that it worked and now it only works in 2D? Or perhaps it's something else.

These days I just bring a bard and use a Paragon Cu Sidhe. Discord Twaulo and have him attack a full strength Paragon Cu Sidhe. Cu Sidhe beats the hell out of him and he's barely able to provoke anything onto the Paragon Cu Sidhe cause all the woodland dwelling critters are scared at the repercussions of attacking a paragon cu sidhe.  ;)

I ended up working the spawn on Sonoma a few weeks ago and it didn't take me but 2 or 3 days and I landed a Dreadhorn Statuette.

Sounds like there is something to the bug even though there shouldn't be.

Try a bard...can't hurt. Also are you the guy on Balhae doing the spawns? There has been someone doing them on Balhae which is where I had my bad runs. 0-70...I *bleep* you not is what I think it was. Balhae I'm convinced is broken. Europa I did very well in the Glade.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:12:23 PM by Ultima »

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »
+1
Hmm...  using momentum in 2d.   And nope, I'm not on Balhae.  I have got the animated rock drop, but nothing since I started using momentum strike.  But I don't want to give up just in case Twalo drops the statue the easy way.  Probably try it a dozen or so more times before I try something else.  So easy to momentum the grizzlies.  Gotta take off bear slayer talisman though or it rocks the bears too fast.

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 07:02:19 AM »
+1
So I'm doing the spawn today...  about the 80th time...  and someone that's taming cu's stopped taming, and decided to watch me finish the last 2 lvl's. They didn't even kill a wisp!  Nor did he heal me, or attempt to help with spawn AT ALL!  When Twalo dies, he asks...  "Why did something pop in my pack?" and " I never got a drop before"   Sure enough... Dreadhorn statue. Guess all you have to do is be there to get a drop.   >:(   *so pissed*

Offline 8 Ball

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • 8 Ball has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 04:09:52 AM »
+1
That blows :( They didn't heal you at all, even when champ was up?

Tags: