Author Topic: Project Idea: Ant Quest Helper  (Read 16013 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Project Idea: Ant Quest Helper
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 08:15:24 AM »
Me to ... unfortunatly. Real Life and some emergency scripting got in the way of finishing this... soon hopefully soon.. i need some powder.. .. arr the white stuff...   !!   

(Trans power that is)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Scrripty

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 10:12:18 AM »
Probly a fairly large market for bags of sending too.  I'll help with that if anyone wants to mod it to do both... :)

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 11:34:18 AM »
It's funny how all of a sudden "white powder" has come into such high demand.  Both Powder of Translocation and Powder of Fortifying have both shot up in price.  Fortifying Powder used to hover around 25-40k per 10 uses and now it is up to 120-150k and rising...

Supply and demand!  That is the name of the game!

Need to farm those Zoogi Fungus and get me some 'white powdah'...and put it in a cool bag, man!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2009, 12:00:21 PM »
Me to ... unfortunatly. Real Life and some emergency scripting got in the way of finishing this... soon hopefully soon.. i need some powder.. .. arr the white stuff...   !!   

(Trans power that is)

Work harder!  Work faster!  I could finish it on my own, but it would be a brute force solution compared to EN's elegant scripting.  He can take half as many lines of code and do twice as much as I can...

:)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »

(Trans power that is)

Work harder!  Work faster!  I could finish it on my own, but it would be a brute force solution compared to EN's elegant scripting.  He can take half as many lines of code and do twice as much as I can...

That maybe or may not be true .. but what is true is that i havent found the time.. err.. so if you have the time go ahead brute force it .. it might be ugly .. but once i get the time ill make the good looking twin.. and they can battle it out for supremacy
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Scrripty

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »

(Trans power that is)

That maybe or may not be true .. but what is true is that i havent found the time.. err.. so if you have the time go ahead brute force it .. it might be ugly .. but once i get the time ill make the good looking twin.. and they can battle it out for supremacy

I agree, if it works, it doesn't matter how pretty the scripting is. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 06:46:04 AM »
If I have some time today, I'll see what I can come up with.  I just know I'm going to end up with a solution that makes the toon run all around that room again...will add like 5 minutes to each iteration... =/

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 07:16:35 AM »
Actually....it turns out I only had to add one line of code and move the order of two subs around.  I can't test it right now, but I think it's done.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2009, 09:59:54 AM »
Getting stuck in a loop.  The FindQueen sub keeps finding her over and over and over...easy fix if I can code an exit.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
NObama,

If you get something put together, we can test it for you. There may be other issues that some people have.  For instance, on some Quest Scripts, SA adds an extra line "Loyalty Rating" to the Quest Context menu and that needs to be altered.  Not saying that is the case here, just using that as an example.

Looking forward to trying this out...Powder is all the rage?  Is it?
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2009, 01:22:28 PM »
The big spike in demand for PoT was the introduction of the puzzle boards and the ability to use BoS to get tons of them. I bought up all the powder on LS and all the BoS I could find as well.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2009, 03:53:16 PM »
Powder isn't all the rage anymore, this is just a script I've wanted to write for 5 years - and, with EN's help, I finally can.

Incidentally, I had to scrap my first solution and add new subs.  Fortunately, every piece appears to work now.  Next: complete runthrough of entire script.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2009, 06:28:55 PM »

Scrripty

« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 09:08:39 AM »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »
WEll it would have been continued thier but err icouldnt set up the rights right or something...

So Nobama TM fixed it so this time conversation continued as above lol

Tags: