Author Topic: Best fencing wep for medusa  (Read 10429 times)

Offline DTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • D has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Best fencing wep for medusa
« on: April 12, 2011, 04:20:35 PM »
Hi all,

I have been soloing Medusa for a whjile now' i play a sampire and skills are:
120 bush
120 parry
120 fencing
100 anat
100 tact
99 necro
61 chiv

Suit mods are:
105 DI
30 HCI
47 DCI
2 HPR
16 Stam inc
1 MR
29 Mana Inc
5 dex inc

resists are 17/95/69/76/69

Wep is a leafblade with:
50 HLA
50 HSL
56 HML
20 SSI
40 DI

I also get 30 HLD from mace and shield

It took me about 30mins to kill Medusa, i was wondering what you guys think the best mods for a fencing wep would be purely for soloing medusa?

Cheers

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Best fencing wep for medusa
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 04:55:29 PM »
resists are 17/95/69/76/69

Wep is a leafblade with:
50 HLA
50 HSL
56 HML
20 SSI
40 DI

It took me about 30mins to kill Medusa, i was wondering what you guys think the best mods for a fencing wep would be purely for soloing medusa?

Cheers

17 physical? I assume that's a typo, especially since you don't have RPD, nor would you want to in this situation.

As far as weapon I would drop the life leech for sure (isn't that why you're in vamp form?). In it's place add Repond Slayer. If needed, lower Stam Leech some, so you have enough imbue points.

Also make sure you are NOT using the Conjurer's Trinket, as it's Undead Slayer. I can fully afk her without using specials as long as I have enough lenses. Although being attended to spam AI, AI, AI, LS, AI, AI, etc helps  ;)

Offline DTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »
lol yeah typo, i have 71 physical, I dont have life leech its Hit Lower Attack

Worth dropping HLA for Repond slayer?

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 08:31:37 PM »
30 mins in a long time.  I solo her in five or so, but I have a sampire/disco char I bring.  Repond will double your damage as this is her slayer type.  I'd make a big hitter for her like a spear for the AI and bigger damage range.

Hmm, I just looked at the fencing weapons and I'd swap that out for swords.....as both a spear and leafblade do the same range and either are trumped by an ornate axe.

I'd also add focus to the weapon.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline DTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:57:46 PM »

Ive thought about swapping out fencing for swords a few time for other bosses, so were talking an ornate axe with

HLA
SSI
Repond slayer
HSL
HML

non exceptional for repond slayer or exceptional with repond and no HLA?

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 04:57:27 PM »
lol yeah typo, i have 71 physical, I dont have life leech its Hit Lower Attack

Worth dropping HLA for Repond slayer?

Ooops! Yeah I'd drop HLA. Although I will say I've never really used it myself but I feel like having the extra damage from Repond Slayer is well worth it.

HLA
SSI
Repond slayer
HSL
HML

Not sure how you're going to get no DI on there unless it's a looted weapon. Even then you'll only have a max of 450 imbue points which isn't worth it imo.

Offline DTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 02:30:23 AM »
i tried a leafblade last night with the following mods:

repond slayer
25 ssi
42 hml
42 hsl
20 hit lower defence

i have to say it did more damage than my othe blade, i think ill drop the hld in favour of damage increase
however i forgot to soulstone 100 magic resist for 100 anat so it was a tough fight lol.

Think im goin to work on my suit and maybe go the woodland armour route and turn into an elf.

Offline onlyindreams

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 05:45:34 PM »
i tried a leafblade last night with the following mods:

repond slayer
25 ssi
42 hml
42 hsl
20 hit lower defence

i have to say it did more damage than my othe blade, i think ill drop the hld in favour of damage increase
however i forgot to soulstone 100 magic resist for 100 anat so it was a tough fight lol.

Think im goin to work on my suit and maybe go the woodland armour route and turn into an elf.

You could also join factions to use the morph ear-rings. Then you could include some faction arties in your suit. Just a thought. I have sampires both and out of factions so it really depends on your shard and play style.

Offline lenny kravitz

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lenny kravitz has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:51:21 PM »
use a kryss

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 12:52:53 PM »
Ornate Axe.... Thought the specials on an ornate were disarm and concussion......

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 01:42:47 PM »
Do you need to chug?  I'd go the route of a long spear if not for the AI. 

A while back I used the Ornate which is when I posted that but I now roll the long-sword for most of my day to day tanking.  That said for a medusa I'd still roll a ornate, turn on a lighting strike script and come back in five minutes to see what drop I got.
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 01:43:51 PM »
Hello Marina,

If you are really just looking to solo Medusa, I would probably recommend some of the following changes:

Template related:

I would personally drop your Parry, and increase both Tactics and Anatomy to 120.  The added damage bonus's will allow you to chain more specials in a row making the kill go a lot quicker.  You only need 120 weapon skill, 120 Bushido, and 60 Parry to gain the mana discount on special moves.  (This goes for all fights, not just Medusa)

Weapon related:  (If possible, use 100% Fire weapons. So you can still hit as hard as possible even when mana vamp'd)

Ornate Axe - You need 55 SSI built into your weapon and suit in order to swing this weapon at 1.25 seconds with 150 stamina.  Very hard to achieve if you are not using an assassin suit.  It hits like a truck, but is hard to maintain top swing speed.  Also it's 2 handed, so potions are a little more of a pain to use.  Yes, I'm a potion junkie.

Leafblade - Only need 5 SSI from a turquoise ring or cloak to swing at max speed with 150 stamina.  Feint and AI are an awesome combination, but you do give up a lot of damage output.  Not the fastest way to kill, but probably the best weapon for staying alive.
(Repond Slayer, HML, HSL, HLA, DI....Medusa doesn't stand a chance)

Longsword - My personal favorite for Medusa.  30 SSI on weapon, 5 SSI on ring, and 180+ stamina for Max swing speed.  AI tops out at 189 damage every 1.25 seconds. :)  This thing cuts through her like you wouldn't believe.
(Repond Slayer, HML, HSL, 30 SSI, DI)

Other:

One last thing to note.  If you are using Honor, Repond Slayer, and have 100+ DI on your suit and weapon, Chivalry is Semi-Useless.  Enemy of One doesn't add any extra damage output.  No need to use remove curse if you are carrying apples with you.  And even with my longsword and 120 chiv, I still cap out at 189 damage AI's.   When I fight Medusa specifically, I swap out the chivalry for Resist to lessen the effects of some of her spells.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. :)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »
Leafblade - Feint and Armor Ignore. Nothing better for a Fencer, period.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline DTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • D has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:52 AM »
Thanks for tthe replies guys, i swapped fencing for macing and been doing the undead champ spawn alot with the same template, only dying a efw times, even survived for a whole spawn last week lol including Niera. Ive been using a black staff for spawn and a diamond mace/war axe for the boss.

With regards to Medusa ive been usiing a diamond mace and im getting more damage than the leafblade, or use my war axe for the AI's.

I just assumed to stay alive i would need 120 parry for medusa, but if i can drop parry to 60 it sounds like a good idea to top out anat and tactics, ill try it on test centre.

I now have a choice of Mace and Fencing weapons, im finding more consistant damage with the diamond mace running 35ssi but the AI of the war axe are great, i just run out of mana to after 3 or 4 so back the LS to work my mana up again.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 02:53:05 AM »
With regards to Medusa ive been usiing a diamond mace and im getting more damage than the leafblade, or use my war axe for the AI's.

It's not all about the big hits, it's about the damage over time and defense over time.

Feint and Armor Ignore on the same weapon, which is fast and one handed. Leafblade is the best weapon in the game for 1v1 or 1v2 monsters.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Tags: