Author Topic: Back again!  (Read 2035 times)

Offline akurthTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • akurth has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back again!
« on: April 20, 2013, 09:11:50 AM »
Hey All, Just a returning player looking to get back into the game.  Have 3 of us returning on Great Lakes production shard, old school vets.  We are working our ways back up in the game.  A lot has changed sine I Have last logged on.  Looking to get back up and running but with a family, I need my scripts to keep me going :)

I am a 31 year old insurance salesman, (terrible job BTW), with 4 kids and a cheating ex-wife.  I used to spend all my time enjoying a few beverages and playing MMO's, but the family life changed that.  I spent 8 years playing UO, eventually switching to WoW and putting some good rank into the worldwide standings as a raiding guild on Boulderfist(US).  Family demands eventually lowered my playing time, but now that my wife is a GONE, I have time to play again.  I have talked a couple friends into coming back and starting back up with my me on the aforementioned Great Lakes.  While the tramp is out, the kids still lower my time, so of course I came back to the scripting community I so love.  This is my first time on this site, EUO was always there for me before, but it seems the updates have slowed. 

I have dabbled in writing my owns scripts, but it seems I can not grasp the know how, I stick to editing the little bits I need out of the ones other people write.  Attempting to learn a little more by editing seems to be working better than starting a script from scratch, but I rely on the brilliance of the community to solve my needs.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:49:47 AM by akurth »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Back again!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
You think you could come back and actually put something into your intro?

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 09:09:55 PM »
Have to admit, that intro didn't even fill the appetizer hole..much less the dinner cavern.

Take a look at some of the stickied examples. It will give you great info on what we look for. An aweful lot of hours put in to make these scripts. It is not too much to ask for some time in the intro :)

This is the best place to find the cool folks..it's worth it :)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:51:24 AM »
I am a 31 year old insurance salesman, (terrible job BTW), with 4 kids and a cheating ex-wife.  I used to spend all my time enjoying a few beverages and playing MMO's, but the family life changed that.  I spent 8 years playing UO, eventually switching to WoW and putting some good rank into the worldwide standings as a raiding guild on Boulderfist(US).  Family demands eventually lowered my playing time, but now that my wife is a GONE, I have time to play again.  I have talked a couple friends into coming back and starting back up with my me on the aforementioned Great Lakes.  While the tramp is out, the kids still lower my time, so of course I came back to the scripting community I so love.  This is my first time on this site, EUO was always there for me before, but it seems the updates have slowed.  

I have dabbled in writing my owns scripts, but it seems I can not grasp the know how, I stick to editing the little bits I need out of the ones other people write.  Attempting to learn a little more by editing seems to be working better than starting a script from scratch, but I rely on the brilliance of the community to solve my needs.  I am also an avid CoD player, and tend to play while I watch my scripts run.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:24:25 AM »
Much Better.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »
I am a 31 year old insurance salesman, (terrible job BTW), with 4 kids and a cheating ex-wife.  I used to spend all my time enjoying a few beverages and playing MMO's, but the family life changed that.  I spent 8 years playing UO, eventually switching to WoW and putting some good rank into the worldwide standings as a raiding guild on Boulderfist(US).  Family demands eventually lowered my playing time, but now that my wife is a GONE, I have time to play again.  I have talked a couple friends into coming back and starting back up with my me on the aforementioned Great Lakes.  While the tramp is out, the kids still lower my time, so of course I came back to the scripting community I so love.  This is my first time on this site, EUO was always there for me before, but it seems the updates have slowed.  

I have dabbled in writing my owns scripts, but it seems I can not grasp the know how, I stick to editing the little bits I need out of the ones other people write.  Attempting to learn a little more by editing seems to be working better than starting a script from scratch, but I rely on the brilliance of the community to solve my needs.  I am also an avid CoD player, and tend to play while I watch my scripts run.

Also a favorite past time of my own. Welcome!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
Welcome!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
Thanks Much Gentlemen,  Hopefully I can contribute :)

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +156
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 05:02:17 PM »
Welcome!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Tags: