Author Topic: hi there.  (Read 3014 times)

Offline kdzhiiTopic starter

• Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • kdzhii has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
hi there.
« on: April 21, 2013, 07:23:54 AM »
hello to everyone. i`m 22, male. Been playing uo like for 12 years on random freeshards. Been scripting EUO for some time, too. really would like to try out crafting scripts. Thats about it, dont really know what to write. ty.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: hi there.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 02:36:12 PM »
Take a look at the stickied intros above. Those are not only great reading but also show you the sort of intro we like here. As stated many times... it takes many,many hours/days/weeks/months to develop the scripts here. Least we can ask is for a good reading intro in return for access :)

I look forward to reading yours.

• Activity:
    0.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:05:20 AM »
im having serious health problems and not in a mood at all for a couple of years now.. i just wont write such an intro. my story is pretty depressing which i dont want to share at all. So if u reject the new status, its alright. Its your choice :) I`m really appreciating all the hard that has been done.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 04:31:26 AM »
Thanks for the appreciation. Good luck with your health issues. Come back when you want to try putting together a simple but fitting intro.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 07:54:16 AM »
You wouldn't have to share private RL stuff with us. The idea is to at least post some information on how you play, how you heard of this site, etc, forging that into an introduction.

I don't know what your health issues are, but I can GUARANTEE you that there are people here who have some VERY SERIOUS health issues themselves, and still find the time/health/whatever to write entire scripts to be shared here with the entire community. And very useful scripts at that.

So yeah, if you really appreciate the "hard (work) that has been done", my guess is you could at least put together a few sentences to form a somewhat acceptable introduction, to show us that you at least care a little bit about other people who have worked hard in putting up a great website for you and so many others without asking anything in return (except for the intro?).

Good luck with your health!
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

• Activity:
    0.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 08:25:13 AM »
ok, so here it goes:

So as i said previously, i`m 22, male from a small country called Latvia. Have been playing uo from... age 12. Started playing as an archer on a freeshard called Tera UO. We were 7 players over there and we played for about a year over there and after that, they closed shard. In this year, i trained my archery skill to 70 and was still killing ettins. gains were slow, i didn`t know a lot about this game, i was living in new heaven and britain forest. Funny, but those are my best mamories of this game. After that i got stucked with the old 2.0.3 client for about 7 years. Now 2 months ago i somehow started playing "the new uo" and i feel sad about the fact that i spent so many years on renessaince, because i`m in love with uo, again. Currently playing an archer and trying to gather good bods, to make weapon and shield for the pvp dexxer i plan on building. I play on UO demise.
 So yeah, thats about it. I`m usually a pretty helpful, nice guy. Begginer in scripting on EasyUO, but still able to, f.e modify most of the scripts for my own needs. Really looking forward trying out Neo`s bod filler macro.
Thats about it, thanks :)

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 10:43:59 AM »
much much better - thanks
a mod should be around soon.

Offline KaliOfLS

• That's "Dr." Kali to you!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • KaliOfLS has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 10:44:36 AM »
Welcome!  See, we just are curious about what brings you here, what kind of UO you like to play.  

The game is just awesome in all ways, so much fun.  My first character is usually a dexxer when I'm starting off on a new shard, but my end game is definitely based around magic, taming, or barding.. especially concerning demise style UO.  OSI UO has made some really viable dexxers/dexxer hybrids.  
R~~~~ B~~~~~~~~ 
^ real life signature for sure

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »
And *poof* just like that you become unrestricted! Run forth and enjoy!

Welcome to ScriptUO.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »
nice :) TY all.

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 12:54:43 PM »
Thank you for sharing with us! Welcome to SUO!

I'm sure you'll find here one of the most helpful and friendly communities around!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:46:42 PM by Neo »
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »
Good read and thank you. Welcome, don't be a stranger and abuse the search button to your sickest desires ;)

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
Nice to have you around.   It's a bit refreshing to see a New intro person take advice & spend a few minutes to introduce yourself in something other than 1-2 lines.
Also, sorry to hear about your health problems, but over 15 years I've known 3 people (2 serious Cancer Cases & 1 Major Car wreck) who basically said they wouldn't know how they'd have gotten through it without UO durring recovery.  It's what got all 3 of them up out of Bed each morning to play UO for 12 hours straight (LoL).  The Car wreck guy actually worked harder on his rehabilitation for his arm so he could go back to PvPing on UO heh.

Tags: