Author Topic: Sampire V2.0  (Read 173487 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire V2.0
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 05:29:17 AM »
+1
If you really need the points, save it on healing. You can get away with 80 healing + enhanced bandages for 90 total. Or go 90 + enhanced for 100.

That would save you one imbue spot on jewelry.

You also need to make sure you gain back your damage. Using swords I'll assume you like Soul Seeker, which has 0 damage. You need to get close to 100 from your suit so you can do enough damage to leech back sufficient mana/life to stay alive.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 05:36:56 AM »
+1
If you are putting out enough damage you don't need Healing/Anatomy. Work on getting hit less and doing more damage by boosting your Parry/Bush/Tactics to max. Drop Chiv low enough to where you can EoO without failing so much that it causes you trouble, I shoot for around 70 TBH. Also, if you are human that additional JoAT boost gives you even a little more DI and LMC on specials. Then focus the non-skill mods on the Imbued jewels (DCI/DCI/DCI/DCI/DI/Resists/SSI/YouGetThePoint).

There are some really good Sampire templates on this site put up by folks that live and breath them hammering out Dreadhorns and Doom Gauntlet runs every 20 minutes (AFK even). My philosophy is "if you want what someone has then do what they do" ;)

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Fusioneer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Fusioneer has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 06:48:27 AM »
+1
Sage advice (pretty much what I remember you get on this board)  :)
Template revisions and skill balancing seem to be the order of the day here
At least I finished getting my necro up  :)
Thanks

Post Merge: January 14, 2010, 01:31:50 PM
I get seem to get better results with this than a soul seeker
Radiant Scimitar
HML  38%
HLA  44%
HLD  44%
SSI  30%
DI  40%

Post Merge: January 15, 2010, 10:45:53 AM
Soooo

After doing a bit of research, it seems like this would be the skills profile I'll take
Bushido     120
Chivalry   90
Necro           80 + 20 jewels or bracers
Spirit Sp   70
Anatomy   20
Parry         120
Tactics    100 + 20 jewels
Sword      120

I haven't tried it yet, but I should be able to imbue jewels for DI 50, DCI 30, and HCI 30 plus the skills as long as I can get the resists right in the armor.  May have to give up the HCI in order to get fire up though.

The anatomy is for the extra 15% DI I found in this thread if that calculation still holds up.
Based on the old Sammy I wouldn't have thought about giving up healing and anat,
but this looks like it ought to be a good pvm template.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 07:24:21 AM by Fusioneer »

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • kenshin87 has no influence.
  • Respect: +35
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 06:22:02 PM »
+1
if you are human you get the +20 anatomy as jack of all trades. no sense in wasting the +20 there. might as well put it into tactics or something of that sort

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:17 AM »
+1
For now I'm just going generic Bush warrior who can become a sampire when I need him to :)

120 Swords
120 Bush
100 Parry
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy (Easily Swaps out with 100 SS)
100 Necro (Easily Swaps out with 100 Healing)
60 Chivalry (Yeah, I know low chance at eo1. who cares)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 12:45:01 PM »
+1
just grab a luna lance and you are good to go. i think thats the easiest to go. i have been looking more into whammy charcters and the more i think about it the more i believe they are the way to go. you have the ml and the curse weapon for the leeches already. then on the weapon you can have the slayer plus hit spells or whatever and stam leech.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »
+1
It's all at how you look at things.

Leech Mana from form and leech HP from spell.

or

Leech HP from form and leech Mana from weapon.

If your in Wraith Form and you get mana vamped a couple times in a row so you can't cast Curse Weapon... well your dead. If you run out of Pig Iron... well your dead.

If your in Vamp Embrace and you get mana vamped, oh well. If you run out of Pig Iron, again oh well.

Add in the fact that if you *have* to run away, you won't make it as a Wraith, but a Vamp will easily skirt away on his armored swampy.

Each has advantages, personally I think the Vamp has more.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 04:36:45 PM »
+1
I think its All situational which is Better. In A Spawn I'd rather have a whammy over a sampire anyday. Simply being able to move through the spawn in dicy situations is Nice :) especially when being raided. Up against a champ or any single target, Sampire All the Way. Armored swampy's Rule + its Super Health Leech :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2010, 05:26:41 PM »
+1
I'm a little confused here... I thought a Whammy = Wraith form, and Sampyre was in Vamp Form?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »
+1
Yep, whammy is wraith. Samp is Vampiric Embrace.

I run a Swammy. A char that can perform using either method

120 Fencing
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Necro
80 Chivalry
70 Spirit Speak
10 Anatomy

Scrripty

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »
+1
And look, he's using a FENCING WEAPON. :)  I love that everyone thinks you cant be successfull with a fencer... the best damn weapon for fighting big monsters is a FENCING WEAPON. :)

Offline kenshin87

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
+1
since we are on the fencing subject. can you imbue those blackthorn kryss's? plus i would have to say that a lot of the fencing weapons have low damage  :(. high swing speed i think its a toss up. what weapon you using for your template cerveza? i kind of like that temp cerveza i will give it a try i believe. manwinc the way i look at it is that if your doing a champ or whatever you normally have people protecting you so what you running from. the only thing i can see running from would be like a tram type area which in that case i could see just to get in a quick heal. i believe it depends what your using the chraacter for..

Scrripty

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »
+1
I almost forget what it's like not to know about the game breaking type of stuff. :)  ALMOST... hehe

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 12:28:32 AM »
+1
 ;D
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 01:50:53 AM »
+1
the only reason I like using swords is the mega SSI and leech bonus I get from the Soul Seeker.... what type of weapons do you use? or make?

Tags: