Author Topic: Imbuing and Overwriting Properties!  (Read 3031 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Imbuing and Overwriting Properties!
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:33:29 PM »
Here is another tidbit that I did not know and again it cost me! So I'll share just in case someone else is also in the dark...

You can overwrite skills in the same group. There are 5 skill groups as you may very well know on the imbuing menu. You can swap out and overwrite any skill that is in the same group.

I'll give you my example of my dilemma. I favor imbuing +15 Chivalry on my Rings & Bracelets. Today I  purchased a Turqouise Ring with +10 Archery and +5% SSI for the low low price of 500k. Since Archery and Chivalry are in the same group I can overwrite the Archery and throw on my +15 Chivalry on it. I also didn't know that it doesn't matter if the Turquiouse Ring is exceptional or not it still has a base of 500.

I know I've thrown out a +13 Peacemaking with +5% SSI on it thinking I wouldn't be able to use it. I've also tossed out Dark Sapphire bracelet that weren't exceptional believing them to be only at 450.

Here is the skill list group table:

Group 1: Magery - Musicianship - Swords -  Macing - Fencing
Group 2: Wrestling - Provocation - Tactics - Spirit Speak - Animal Taming
Group 3: Meditation - Discordance - Parrying - Focus - Animal Lore - Stealth    
Group 4: Mysticism - Bushido - Necromancy - Veterinary - Stealing - Evaluate Intelligence - Anatomy
Group 5: Resist Spells - Peacemaking - Healing - Chivalry - Archery - Ninjitsu -Throwing

You can also overwrite a Troll Slayer into a Repond Slayer or a Gargoyle Slayer into a Demon Slayer. And vice versa. I didn't know this when I first started crafting Elemental Weapons with low end runic and I ended up tossing out some weapons I might otherwise have considered keeping.

Again I usually feel like I'm the last to know so I wanted to share as this knowledge could help out alot especially if your looking for a specific turquoise ring or dark sapphire bracelet.

Scrripty

Re: Imbuing and Overwriting Properties!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
I had read some of that, but not all of it before, so you're not the only one who didn't know. :)  Thanks for sharing.

Tags: