Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Adam3488Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Adam3488 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
My Introduction
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:56:57 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for making these forums.  I'm new to them.  I played Ultima Online off and on since 1998 on official servers and free servers.  The production servers I played the were Great Lakes, Lake Superior, Atlantic, and Siege Perilous.  I prefer to play a stun mage on UO Renaissance era.  I have a degree in engineering and enjoy computer programming.  I've been writing really good scripts for many years, so I don't plan on posting many questions. 

-Adam

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 05:33:13 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for making these forums.  I'm new to them.  I played Ultima Online off and on since 1998 on official servers and free servers.  The production servers I played the were Great Lakes, Lake Superior, Atlantic, and Siege Perilous.  I prefer to play a stun mage on UO Renaissance era.  I have a degree in engineering and enjoy computer programming.  I've been writing really good scripts for many years, so I don't plan on posting many questions. 

-Adam

What scripts have you written and will we be seeing any of them :)
XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 12:48:11 AM »
I recently wrote EasyUO scripts for AFK taming and lumberjacking.  Maybe.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:49:24 AM »

I think what Pearls was trying to do is to get you to expand on your intro a bit, put some effort into it. I haven't seen enough from you to warrant unrestricting you yet. I think you can do better :)
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 10:53:07 AM »

Maybe? You mean hopefully, right?  :P

Offline Pearls

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Pearls barely matters.Pearls barely matters.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 12:35:43 PM »
I recently wrote EasyUO scripts for AFK taming and lumberjacking.  Maybe.

I think what Pearls was trying to do is to get you to expand on your intro a bit

Communication skills are not to be underestimated :)

XII : "My happiness as a married man is directly related to the amount of sex I have which, in turn, requires that I pretend I like these movies every now and then and that it really doesn't bother me when she tells me about her problems but doesn't want me to give her a solution ;) "

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »
Alright, I'll try to expand on it some...  I don't have a wife or kids, just a pair of beagles :) 

After being quite addicted to Ultima Online for nearly a decade, I quit playing it completely for many years to focus on college and was sure that I'd never play it again.  Of course, that didn't work out, because around a year ago, a few friends got me to log back in and I got hooked all over again.  I loved the game back in the day and thought I'd seen all it had to offer.  A few things that make the game way better nowadays are newer content like the customizable houses, mouse-controlled galleons, boat fighting, etc., the new assistant programs like UO Steam and Razor, and voice communication programs like Skype, Teamspeak, Mumble etc.  Playing the game with these new features greatly enhanced the group battles and overall game experience.  When I played back in the day, there was no map that showed all your guildies or party members and I would have to call a single friend on the phone to have any kind of voice communication instead of being able to instantly talk to any and all guild mates whenever and always knowing where they are in the world.  I'd never played the Third Dawn client, but recently tried out the Kingdom Reborn enhanced client and was impressed.  It's not very good for combat though, so I don't really use it much.  Also, the other day I logged into a server using an open source, fully 3D client, which is something I never thought I'd see.  It's a shame this game doesn't have more players these days because it's still the best MMORPG in my opinion.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Which 3d client were you playing with?

Welcome to the site, thanks for the additional information and welcome back to UO (again....)  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 06:16:52 AM »
IRIS2

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.8%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 08:40:57 AM »
Welcome!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 10:16:16 AM »
IRIS2

Ah, yes.  I was hoping there was a new one lurking on the horizon.  They pretty much stopped developing that one some time ago. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: