Author Topic: Need a hand with runic reforging specifics  (Read 5913 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Need a hand with runic reforging specifics
« on: March 10, 2013, 06:42:05 PM »
I've looked around.  While I see some general stuff on stratics and uoguide, I'm trying to craft something really specific:  A replacement (or as near as possible) for Spirit of the Totem.

Mostly, I want:

10 Physical Resist
Max HCI possible
Max Strength bonus possible
150 Luck
Repairable

Thoughts on how to proceed?  I'm thinking leather/medable for now, so Barbed Kits obviously...but what else?

Thanks!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Need a hand with runic reforging specifics
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 07:33:42 PM »
Well...lots of thoughts!   If you want to keep any further posts private just msg me.

1)  You cant replicate it & come remotely close.  Just ignoring intensity caps for imbuing the max REFORGE you can get for Strength & Hci = 5.  I guess you could try a wood helm & enhancento 10 hci but thats it.

2)  The real question is why not simply farm 50 k silver & have your item farmer in factions?  50k = 1 RL month & faction armor auto repairs in some fashion now.

3)  Id personally hold off a suit rebuild until pub 81 bc we will ALL need to rebuild after it anyway.

4)  A nice alternate luck sampire headware piece is 30 Hci Orc Chier Helm.  It has 100 luck.

Lastly....auto attack the monsters INDEPENDENTLY to aggro them & pull them closer faster.  Monsters can take up to 6
seconds to flag & thats a lot of wasted time.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »
I'd craft the Piece until you got one with 10 Physical

Then I'd reforge it with using 1 Name. Whichever name gives strength.

I'm pretty sure with higher end Runics you can't choose of Slaughter, So you're just going to have to "HOPE" that you roll both the HCI and the Luck, Which will be Tough.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 02:43:47 AM »
These are Semmersets reforging charts. They are awesome for telling you which runic to use for which property. http://uo2.stratics.com/items/runic-re-forging/semmersets-re-forging-charts

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:04:47 AM »
Manwinc hit the nail on the head with the process above.  

This got me curious, so I went to test center to see what can be done.  I crafted 40 woodland gorgets and started reforging.

Looks to me like you will have 2 ways of going about doing what you are after there.  You can use the vitality name looking for the 5 strength mod and crossing your fingers for the other 2 items to show up.  This uses 4 charges per reforge, so I hope you have a nice stockpile of runic saws or whatever you decide to use.

The other option would be to not use names at all.  Just powerful reforge the items and hope you get the 3 properties you want. Only uses 2 charges per reforge there, so you'd get a lot more chances that route.

With a whole lot of luck, it would be possible to make a piece with 5 strength, 150 luck, and 5 hci(10 if you really want to try to enhance with heartwood).

Pic attached is as close as I got during my run of 40 pieces.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
CarpTest.JPG

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »
Thanks everyone!  To be clear, the reason I'm not using an actual Spirit of the Totem is because I want to go from 1625 luck on my Sampire up to 1775.  I started using a nice looted leather head piece with 12% Damage Eater plus the resists I needed, but noticed a small decrease in damage and a BIG decrease in DPS without the +20 Str and +15 HCI.

I really need them to create a melee version of Compassion's Eye.  That would make this whole problem disappear.  Until then, however, I'm stuck wasting my ring/bracelet slots on the Novo Bleue set.

Really appreciate the test data - thank you!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
Was happy to check it out since you got me intrigued by the possibilities. :)

After playing around with it I've decided that running my 2k luck suit without the added strength is far better than having it. 

Do I hit as hard? No..  Kill as fast? No.. Get equal to or better loot than you are probably getting? Yes..

Guess this just falls into one of those personal preference categories.  Since nothing in Shame seems to insta-spawn, I personally think it is better to get the best items that I can while sitting there waiting for the next critter to show up.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 02:38:03 PM »
I personally think it is better to get the best items that I can while sitting there waiting for the next critter to show up.

Heh...   so don't sit there and wait.  Most critters spawn in enough nearby locations that if your on the move its kill as fast as you can!  I really wish pub 81 would hit though..   I'm tired of waiting to redo my luck suit also.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 04:29:24 PM »
*ahem*  Being able shave 5-10 swings off my kill average is a pretty big factor in my success thus far.  I'm all about volume of items generated.

Approaching 50K items (lifetime) looted, AFTER filtering out the garbage that isn't even worth unraveling.  Over 1B gold from sales of items and/or unraveled relic frags.  My items/hour slowed down quite a bit when I decided to switch to rails in Dungeon Wrong instead of bouncing around levels 1/2/3 of Shame.  Quality of loot is way, way higher.

I'm *really* looking forward to pub 81, if only because there will be a spike in the need for relic fragments.  I've stopped my sales for the rest of the month to accumulate an inventory in anticipation.

On the other hand, I am going to hate rebuilding my suits.  Talk about a slowdown in gp/hr!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
Volume of items Generated BAH.

Open More Accounts!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:53 AM »
Volume of items Generated BAH.

Open More Accounts!

Be quiet, you!  We don't all have your addiction to the Army! 

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 07:24:22 AM »
*ahem*  Being able shave 5-10 swings off my kill average is a pretty big factor in my success thus far.  I'm all about volume of items generated.

Your point is more than valid.  Guess it would take some extensive time testing all the different possibilities, which I'm sure you have done.

Might have to try reworking my suit after the publish goes live to give it a shot.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
Went on TC last night.  Didn't get anywhere close to what I wanted in 100 attempts with a Barbed kit.  Might have to rethink this one...

4x100/15 = 27 Barbed kit equivalent.  Not hard to get them, but still probably not worth the time investment prior to pub 81.  

I might be better off going with a looted piece that is close, perhaps a 100 luck helmet with 10 Strength bonus & 4 HCI and enhance with Spined + Forged Metal of Artifacts.  I'll have to find the other 11% HCI somewhere else...

EDIT:  *Facepalm*  I just realized this toon only has 105 Tactics.  There's some additional HCI potential right there!  Anyone know how much, off the top of your head?  Can't access uoguide/stratics from work...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:53:21 AM by NObama »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 08:04:09 AM »
Tactics doesn't give you hci.....

I might know someone with a stockpile of yew saws somewhere....... that might be willing to do some trades at some point :P
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: