Poll

What client do you run UO in 2D or KR?

KR, I Love It!
2D, The only way to go!

Author Topic: 2d Or not 2D, that is the question!  (Read 2677 times)

Offline ToptwoTopic starter

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
2d Or not 2D, that is the question!
« on: June 21, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »
OK, I am sure this has been asked before I got here, but there are a LOT of new members now. Just running a poll for fun to see what the majority of our membership likes to play UO in!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: 2d Or not 2D, that is the question!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 04:58:01 PM »
Never have tried KR and don't plan on it. I may try SA once it comes out but I really don't feel like learning a new setup and all that. Plus how will I ever train skills if I can't use a script!

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »
KR = Big fail

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:30:34 PM »
Lol, we know who voted for KR.. *cough Ultima*
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »
KR = Big fail

Not so big a fail because I wouldn't be playing UO anymore if they pulled the plug on it UOKR. I think the 2D Client is atrocious given today's technology... 12 years ago it was great. The 2D client is s basically they same game engine they had for Ultima VII The Black Gate back in 97'. I love nostalgia and all but I also like progress and improved graphics. I mean the 2D Client is almost like playing King's Quest I...

I played many years on the 2D client and it had it's time but UO needs to move forward.

After becoming accustomed to UOKR there is no going back for me. The UOKR Modders Exchange has done a good job improving the client and correcting issues with the client when it was first released.

I think the negative rap of UOKR has more to do with human nature and that people don't like change.

I look forward to the Stygian Abyss Client (as long as I can run multiple clients at the same time) and any client that comes after that.

Onward. Forward. 8)

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
Well in my case KR = 3d + motion sickness + can't stop playing this game = barf fail !!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
I suppose my main issue with KR is its implementation.  EA really had the opportunity to WOW us with a new 3D engine, and include features that were clamoured for.  Instead, they shipped something that was barely playable for months, then we're left with a game that barely looks more advanced than the original UO. 

I think if you are going to spend that much time and effort on a new game implementation, you should really apply yourself.  If Blizzard would have 1/2 assed the introduction of WoW and based it on the original version of Warcraft, I would say that EA has some competition.  However, Blizzard is a developer that knows how to do it all RIGHT.

I just hope that EA doesn't waste their time with a 1/4 implementation.  I'd rather see UO die on the vine than endure another poor refreshing of a classic game.

Sorry Ultima, but EA could have done SOOOOO much better.  From the screen shots available for SA, it looks like they still haven't learned their lesson, and that makes me very sad.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: