Author Topic: JaF's Slayer Book Maker 3.6.3 Updated 10-9-11 --Now has Donate to Library  (Read 85719 times)

Offline mendacity13

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • mendacity13 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Thanks for the quick reply I was able to find out the problem with the NPC.  Despite using easyuo's last item and find item the NPC's ID wouldn't come up.  So i DLed a script that read it for me and I just input that into the script and BOOM.  Now it's working but I have one thing I may have to change again.  After dumping at the library when I get back to the house it's opening the wrong container and telling me I am out of resources.  It could be the way I have my chests stacked or it could be something that I have to change in the script I havent played with it enough to check yet.  But thanks for the help none the less.

Offline formerlyrara

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • formerlyrara has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
I am interested in this script so if you can let me in on the script you used to id the vendor i would appreciate it, would save me a litlte time is all :)

Offline mendacity13

• Activity:
    0%
  • mendacity13 has no influence.
    • View Profile
I used Tecmo's Find Item ID which can be located here......

http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=528

as stated i tried dbl clicking the NPC and also dragging his bar off to read the info in the sidebar of easyuo but I just couldn't get the info....this little thing of a script did the trick for me and now it's running flawlessly....

PS Thank you JaF for all ur work

Offline JustAnotherFaceTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Thanks guys.  Glad you got it working.  Sorry I have not been much help lately, I am currently away from home and working 7 days a week 12-14 hrs per day.  So not much time to do anything else.  I will be away until the first of April hopefully everything will work ok with this script until then!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Hey JaF Thank you soo much for your amazing script! I have ran into a little problem tho when it recalls back in after donation it does not open my resources bag only my Misc Book Bag then it pauses the next time it needs scrolls because it cant find any... I am using the most updated version of UO on an OSI shard that I lag  a lot on and I am using most recently updated version of Easyuo 1.5... I have done the vendor set up and runebooks those work fine. I see someone had the same problem but never explained how he fixed it.
After dumping at the library when I get back to the house it's opening the wrong container and telling me I am out of resources.  It could be the way I have my chests stacked or it could be something that I have to change in the script I havent played with it enough to check yet.  But thanks for the help none the less.

I am pretty good at messing with scripts if you or anyone on here knows what I can change to make sure my resource bag reopens when I recall back in that would be awesome! I would like to hardcode my resource bag but I don't understand that area of your script :) Thanks again for your time! If you need any info I didn't include let me know :)

*EDIT*   
Ok I just had to set my Misc Drop Bag and My Resource Bag as the same target when it gives me the options.  Soo I am just using 2 bags 1 for the first 2 targets it gives and a Slayer Bag for the 3rd target.  The 4th target is the bag inside your backpack called trash bag.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:47:34 AM by Mad Tamer »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: JaF's Slayer Book Maker 3.6.3 Updated 10-9-11 --Now has Donate to Library
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2013, 07:06:37 AM »
I downloaded the non-donation version a couple days ago and it works well. Setup took me a time or two, but now I am used to it. I noticed I need to pick the type of book to craft last on the first page - otherwise it just tries to craft stuff without letting me finish the setup and personally choose the START button.

My method to donate to the library is to have my library donation toon (on a different account) grab the books out of my 'trash' bag from the floor.
2 things were happening, the 3 mod books were showing up in the 'trash' (I am pretty certain I had selected to save the 3 mod books - and I saw that was a fix last year, but probably only to the 'donation' version) and the Lizardman slayer books kept showing up in my trash bag. I grabbed them and tossed them aside and figured I would go check the code later. Just got looking at it and lizardman is misspelled. It only has a single letter 'Z' in the middle, so those slayers were being trashed.

Here is the culprit:
Code: [Select]
if %regslayer = #true && %lizzardmanslayer = #true && lizzardman in #property
   {
   set %misccount %misccount + 1
   set %count %count + 1
   menu set misccnt %misccount
   menu set count %count
   gosub dragslay %bookid
   ignoreitem #FINDID
   return
   }

I only changed the 'lizzardman in #property' to 'lizardman in #property', but didn't bother with the variable names since those aren't so important. Thought I would post in case someone else saw the behavior and was wondering. Hopefully a correction can be uploaded for others, too.

I really appreciate the work on it, JaF!
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 30, 2013, 07:09:48 AM »
Good day Jaf
I have been using  Version: 3.6.3 to only make spellbook.   I comment out  gosub frneodonate and got myself a few extra slayers.   Work great, simple to set up, thx

Offline raver2

• Activity:
    0%
  • raver2 has no influence.
    • View Profile
Hi JAF,

Awesome script!  Thank you for writing this up!

I've been using the one with donating and it works great!  However, when I recall back from the library after donating, the script doesn't auto-hide and does not open the resource bag that I'm pulling my scrolls and pens from.  Is there something in the script I need to modify to auto-hide and reopen my resource bag when I recall back?

Thank you!

-
R2

Offline retnuh

• Activity:
    0%
  • retnuh has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 13, 2015, 09:05:00 AM »
Thought I would post this just in-case anyone comes along with the same issue. When you first start the script you must choose the type of spellbook first. If you don't and you put on hiding/super slayer or anything else then choose the type of spellbook the script will hang on the regular slayer menu. I'm not too good with scripts but I can usually tweak them to my liking and if I figure it out I'll post the code here.

Offline Lillianna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Lillianna has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Has anyone used this script on a free shard? I would appreciate any guidance on what things might need to be changed to operate on a free shard.

I understand there are differences in gump sizes and click locations, but not sure how to find the correct numbers to insert.  Being new to scripting, I would appreciate any helpful tips, or a point to another thread or guidance where this is covered. Thank you.  :)

I think I should mention that I have attempted to use this, and all parts of setup appear to work as designed (getting scrolls, setup menu...)  It wants to make the books, but appears to not be activating the gump. It says it's making a book but nothing happens. If I makethebook myself it will sort the book according to my setup,  so I think the issue is really with the gump.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:11:52 AM by Lillianna »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I looked at the script and it's not totally obvious to me where the places are you'll need to edit.  Hopefully someone who has modified this in the past can chime in.  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2015, 03:31:05 AM »
I implemented the contsize fix and lizardman spelling as indicated in previous posts and the script ran without crashing.

I also set the number of books to be made before donating them every single time to 999999999999999 so that it doesn't happen, I see no need to recall to the donation place and back after making every book, especially since I just wanted skill gains, but I didn't see an option to disable(it might be there but I was tired and dirty fixed it).

I also changed the script so that I could begin making spellbooks at 50 skill instead of 80 skill.

End result - I went from 50 skill(crystal ball said "very challenging") to 76.8 skill(now says "challening") in 5 hours making nothing but spellbooks and ended up with 3 super slayers and about 100 various other slayers while burning through roughly 19k blank scrolls. In hindsight I wish I'd have only saved super slayers and books with 3 mods, the normal slayers don't sell on my OSI server, there are hundreds at 500-1000g on VS.

I think you can go from 50 skill to 100 skill making only spellbooks now but you WILL have to change your save bag out every 15k scrolls or so if you keep the regular slayers, my bag was full and so my pack was filling up when I stopped it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:34:20 AM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 11, 2015, 04:30:14 AM »
I use the same script to raise inscription or make spellbook.   Once you have all the book, you can stop and restart with the book u want to kept.  Honestly, how many Spider book do u need.    I just choice to kept, 3 mod,  Spider, elemental, dragon, reptile.     I never try the option to donate,  I might one day.

This why I made TG Crafting Factory.  One of th eotion is to make scroll. so If you have a lumberjack and cook u can get free supply of scroll.

Offline Gemviper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 11, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »
I just reached 96.4 inscription, still making books and the crystal ball just now changed to "optimal" so books are a good way to go. I've burned 55k blank scrolls to go from 50 to 96.4 and gotten 100 or so 3 mod books, 200 slayers and 6 super slayers. I am using an inscription talisman. I also just went in and added dinosaur slayer to the list of books to keep but have no clue if we can craft those yet. Gains are slow now.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Back when I was playing this was one of the Scripts that I used all the time.  Coming back to UO, I have downloaded the Scripts that I loved.  This Script has some problems.  From reading in the past posts, I have attempted to adjust the Script to the suggestions that were made.  Is anyone using this Script?  Hopefully, someone has gotten this to work...especially donating to the Library gets you some really cool items.  Super  Slayer Spellbooks are needed to kill some of the Champs in the game (makes it so much easier).  I know that this post has not been responded to for over 2 years.  I am hoping that someone has resurrected this Script OR may know of a working one.  Before leaving on my UO Sabbatical, I would help test Scripts for the writes.  I am hoping to help out again in the same capacity.  I still love to play UO!

Also, I have completed the Library Quests, but cannot get any of the Library Residents to accept any of my spellbooks, even if I do it manually.

Oracle

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:16:29 PM by Oracle »
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Tags: