Author Topic: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support  (Read 424612 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: ScriptUO Heartwood Quester 1.29 with Advanced CLAw support
« Reply #990 on: May 18, 2017, 09:56:07 PM »
TrailMyx this is a great script, it really pushed me out of my comfort zone with multiple scripts running and having to actually read the manual  very well done.   I hope some day to elite status as i would love to see v2.  I tried both the carpentry and bowcraft and both worked very well as of May 2017.

It's funny this script still works and is used even today.  Many have adapted it to work on freeshards as well. I'm glad people still find it useful.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Alex229

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Alex229 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 03, 2017, 01:04:55 AM »
okay so I got it all setup and going but all its doing is moving my tinker tools around my bag without doing anything else I don't know what else to do

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: June 03, 2017, 08:24:22 AM »
You will need to help us with more information. Are you playing an official shard or a free shard? Did you set up the beetle properly? Did you make any changes? Did you run the set-up?

Offline Alex229

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 03, 2017, 09:49:04 AM »
im on demise the freeshard and yes the beetle was setup right the only thing I changed was the tinking id KTL

gosub CheckAndCraftItems %tinktools %tinktools KTL 2 1 %maxtinkertools cat_4-sel_4 ; make tinker tools, iron
    set !res #RESULT
    if !res = RES_LOW
    {
      gosub load_resource ENK !source #BACKPACKID 5 0   ; grab 5 ingots from beetle
      if #RESULT = #FALSE
        goto toolcheck_loop1
      finditem %tinktools C_ , #BACKPACKID  ; even one left?
      if #FINDKIND = -1
      {
        display OK No more tinker tools in beetle backpack$ and no ingots to make more  set %tinktools GTL_JTL_KTL

Post Merge: June 03, 2017, 10:18:02 AM
I got everything setup and it loads up the beetle and I got tinkering tools and ingots on me but once everything is loaded up all it does is move the tinkering tools around in my bag. Sorry for posting so much.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:18:02 AM by Alex229 »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #994 on: June 03, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
You're going to have many problems getting this going on a freeshard.  This was written to support OSI officially.  With freeshards, you're kinda on your own. (see point 1 on the first post)

Tinkers tools is the least of your problems.. :)

Your next problems will be in this order:

1) finding the entry to Heartwood
2) Quest selection
3) etc.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:34:39 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Alex229

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 03, 2017, 05:30:02 PM »
alright im still new to this so I was wondering if there was a solution to that problem and I would go from there, but I guess ill figure it out so how and just get it going on my own

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #996 on: June 03, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
alright im still new to this so I was wondering if there was a solution to that problem and I would go from there, but I guess ill figure it out so how and just get it going on my own

Sadly, because most freeshards are different from one another, it's really hard to localize each individual problems.  It's easier on OSI because normally its just a setup issue, but since the dynamics and specific rules are different for freeshards, it's kinda impossible.  However, people have gotten this to work on various freeshards, and that information is spread out through this thread.  It's alot of info, but perhaps your specific problems have already been addressed.  If not, then this is a great time to learn how to debug.  Sprinking "pause" commands throughout the script and learning how to single-step through the code while looking at watch-points (variable values) can be very illuminating on why a script is misbehaving. 

Feel free to ask questions about the script dynamics and we'll help where we can.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline kakepare

• Activity:
    0%
  • kakepare has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 08, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
this worked really well! i'm a complete noob at scripting so i couldnt figure out how to make it keep all the recipes and talismans but i got around that by pausing the script and grabbing what i wanted before letting it continue. i also couldnt figure out how to get it to do the weaver or carpentry quests instead of fletching, but the description did say that it only does fletching so i left it alone in case i broke something.
thank you so much for this! i'll surely get my rare bow recipes soon :D

Offline Guinness

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Guinness has no influence.
  • Crafting Your Wears Since 97
  • Respect: +7
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
    • UO New Beginnings
« Reply #998 on: June 21, 2018, 09:40:57 AM »
And I still use this script :)

You did a fking amazing job with this script TM! Have used it for years :)

I want to try and get it to do some of the other quests for like scrappers and other nice recipe's they came out with recently. But do not hold a torch to you and am afraid I'll f something up lol

But this script is amazing and I use it daily :)

Thank you, bro, for all you do. Some of us are just not mean to make scripts, but sure love using them.

I have health issues that keep me from being able to click all the time, and these keep me enjoying the game I've loved for over 20 years :)

Again, thank you, brother, and to all that make the scripts on here.
Community Experience Manager
LIVE Streaming Pros
Guinness Of Atlantic
Owner Of UONewBeginnings

Offline cybercasper

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • cybercasper has no influence.
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 27, 2018, 05:43:24 PM »
First time using this script. it does everything up to going into heartwood. it says it can not find VQV_Portal. I tried searching the script but can not find anything with that name. Anyone have any idea what is going on. I am using the railengine30k.

Offline hasman

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • hasman has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 26, 2019, 07:36:41 PM »
It's pretty good.I like UO so long time. But it's so tierd to repeat the same "CLICK". So useful this script. Thanks All.

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 27, 2019, 04:00:48 PM »
It's pretty good.I like UO so long time. But it's so tierd to repeat the same "CLICK". So useful this script. Thanks All.

Bah, just go post a good introduction and you won't have to post nonsense hoping to be able to download things.

Offline lmackin

• Activity:
    0%
  • lmackin has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 07, 2020, 03:25:57 PM »
OK this script is great and I used one of the first versions many years ago and i'm restarting it.  I fixed a few issues I had when I first started it up, but still having issues with my character running too fast when it falls into heartwood even though my "always run" is unchecked.  Any ideas how to fix this?

Offline Toymaker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Toymaker has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 03, 2020, 12:16:14 PM »
I loaded this up today and it works great. Kudos to the scripter god.  I do however have an issue that I'm not sure how to fix yet.. I have a box with my stash on the step of my keep and when the cycle in heartwood ends, it recalls me home, however the chest does not reload on my screen so the script doesn't locate my supplies. moving forward 1 step forward would reload the contents of my keep and then it would continue.  Any ideas? just need to walk 1 tile forward onto the steps, but no idea where in the script to put a Move..

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 03, 2020, 02:36:22 PM »
I would look at possibly putting it at the beginning of the sub that unloads. I am not looking at the script, just thinking out loud. That's where I would start anyways.