Author Topic: EUO Always on Top!  (Read 2842 times)

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
EUO Always on Top!
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:05:11 PM »
Just thought I would put this out there for anyone that can use it.

When I'm in my office I only have one monitor.  So working on a script can be a serious pain in the tail with all of the switching back and forth from the game window to what I'm working on.  At home it isn't a worry as I have multiple monitors.

This little program will add an always on top option to your system menu for many program windows that you may use. (Doesn't work for everything, but the things I use most seem to work)  Simply hold your control key and right click on the bar across the top of the running program to find the options.

It's called Power Menu 1.5.1 and the easiest download can be found here:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/PowerMenu.shtml

Have a great day, fellow scripters!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: EUO Always on Top!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:35:02 AM »
I would not recommned to Download Software & Files from Sites like Brothershood or Softpedia. They adding advertise Software in their custom installer. Better use Sites like http://www.chip.de/downloads/PowerMenu_13012960.html . They have a redirect Link to the Author where you can download the Program directly : http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/ . Enjoy

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »
I would not recommned to Download Software & Files from Sites like Brothershood or Softpedia. They adding advertise Software in their custom installer. Better use Sites like http://www.chip.de/downloads/PowerMenu_13012960.html . They have a redirect Link to the Author where you can download the Program directly : http://www.abstractpath.com/powermenu/ . Enjoy

In total agreement. Softpedia has been know to do this for about the last 5 or so years. Nasty and should be something against it but I guess they want their money too.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 11:11:12 PM »

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
I really appreciate everyone's info regarding the pitfalls of the site I used. 

What's a bit surprising to me is that they didn't force me to use their download manager to get he program.  I was looking specifically for a site that didn't require that when I found the page I did.  Maybe they attached things within the download itself. 

I haven't noticed anything as of yet, but again, really appreciate the information.  I'll keep an eye out for anything screwy.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:30 AM »
Yeah man, was no disrespect in any case. The most places of Internet who try to conviece the User they are helpful, are all rats...
Dunno how often i got a call in the last year by my customers who telling me they tried some freeware and have no trojan breeds on their Workstation or even on Server. You are welcome as every member if you need some help or advices in any case to ask. And if you find some goodies to share. A small hint from me, even if its a German Site, Google your tool you search and add "chip.de" as term. Chip is a Computer magazine in Germany and they share as well the homepages of Authors, so you can easy get the real Pages by abusing their page :)

Tags: