Author Topic: Possible new Broker/Auction/Vendoring system??  (Read 2862 times)

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Possible new Broker/Auction/Vendoring system??
« on: January 14, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
Not sure how many of you here venture over to look through the boards at  Stra"ticks"..  But I just noticed this, and thought it may be of interest to some.

Someone there scanned the new patch, and found some interesting lines of text that could suggest that we will see a vendor system.

Here are the lines that were found and posted:

Buy from this broker
Sell to this broker
This broker is unavailable
You have no available trades

and

You have no available trades
ITEM
PRICE
MAX AMT
TRADE
BUYING: ~1_ITEM~
SELLING: ~1_ITEM~
You have:
I will buy up to:
I will sell up to:
Your bank balance:
My asking price is:
My offer price is:
Quantity to Buy:
Quantity to Sell:
BACK
Transaction failed
Specified quantity not available
Funds not available
Price has changed

I'm a little undecided as to what this may mean.  What it could mean for the game.  And if they were to implement such a system, if it would be a scripters worst nightmare or biggest wet dream..

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Possible new Broker/Auction/Vendoring system??
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
One of my favorite features of WoW is the auction house.  I would love to see them implement some official system within UO.

Alexandria has a nice built-in vender search system that makes hunting for items really easy.  So things like that are possible.  They once had an auction system installed, but it was buggy from what I hear.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
This code has been in the latest patches since about july. I found this same info when i was working on UOboost back many months back. So it is prolly something they have been working on for some time but have not decided if they want to impliment it yet or not.

Offline Coolface

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Coolface has no influence.
  • Respect: +8
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 12:04:30 PM »
Auction would be great I have a ton of stuff to sell and no good vendor spot.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »
A shard-wide inventory list would be great, they could just include the coordinates of vendor houses (or a map) in order to have better areas maintain their value. Who's gonna run out to the middle of nowhere to save 50k? I dunno about the auction thing though, a few months ago I would have said yes but I'm in a guild that does a weekly auction event and it is ridiculously fun. I'd hate to see it die due to an in game auction system being implemented.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 04:30:18 PM »
Not sure I'd like this.. The buying/selling part would get automated so hard.. I know this is a scripting site, but I just can't see that being good for the game.

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 06:33:58 PM »
Not sure I'd like this.. The buying/selling part would get automated so hard.. I know this is a scripting site, but I just can't see that being good for the game.

That's why I'm a little up in the air about this.  Those with trillions of gold, and with a good script could literally corner the market on anything they wanted to which could cause massive inflation.  Those that make their money from buying low and selling higher could take a major beating.

As a bod runner though, would be extremely nice to be able to dump the immense loads of rewards I have sitting in books just waiting to be turned in onto such a system. 

Tags: