Author Topic: BOD Swapping Opinions Please  (Read 3327 times)

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
BOD Swapping Opinions Please
« on: August 14, 2011, 05:35:20 AM »
Hello all,

So for a great many months now I've been toying on and off with a script that will swap mass amounts of bods in one sitting.  I'm getting to a point that I can almost see the finished product over the horizon.  I'm getting into the sorting of rewards currently, and I'm not really sure how I want to tackle it.  So I would like to see how others handle their rewards.  Maybe it will help me decide which direction to go.

1. Do many of you keep the prospectors, shovels, picks, and garg picks to use in your mining scripts?

I know that I can option in to return them to the NPC, but for those that like to keep and use them, it would require even more containers at your secure to sort into.  I keep everything but the normal pickaxes personally for my miner to use, and if we are talking about running 1000+ bods...ugh, thinking of the amount of containers needed frustrates me a little.  The setup would almost feel too extensive to me.  What do you think?

I fill virtually every bod that I get, so when I turn in I generally get a wide variety of rewards back per swap session.  Used to sort things before filling, but that got tedious.  I like the idea of having it sort everything into separate containers, including runics, but part of me really thinks that would be overkill.

Anyhow, I'm headed out of town until Monday night.  But I should be at least able to check in here as time permits. 

Would really like some feedback if you don't mind taking the time.  How do you sort?  Is there anything I'm overlooking?  What would be optimal?  You know, all that good stuff. :)

Thanks for your time,

MeWon

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: BOD Swapping Opinions Please
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 06:52:40 AM »
Perhaps you should toss BODs that require color ingots and give you crap.

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:12:49 AM »
Personally I only save the Powder, Anvils, 120 Scroll, and Hammers

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 07:17:43 AM »
Perhaps you should toss BODs that require color ingots and give you crap.

I've thought about it quite a few times.  But I always end up deciding to fill them all anyway.  Saves me from having to keep another account up and running to collect new bods every month.  Plus, it's not like I don't have the ingots.  :)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 12:07:14 PM »
1. Do many of you keep the prospectors, shovels, picks, and garg picks to use in your mining scripts?
I personaly keep some tons of Prospecting tools, to get Dullcopper on Iron Spots as well.Dullcopper is most used Ingot i need right now so it helps a lot to improve the drop of it.
I know that I can option in to return them to the NPC, but for those that like to keep and use them, it would require even more containers at your secure to sort into.  I keep everything but the normal pickaxes personally for my miner to use, and if we are talking about running 1000+ bods...ugh, thinking of the amount of containers needed frustrates me a little.  The setup would almost feel too extensive to me.  What do you think?
I wrote in the Past some Combination of filling and swapping.
My task were collect some thousand bods, then sort out the crap (all Chainmail\Ringmail\Weapon Except,all nonexcept)
And keep the PlateMail Except for Lbods.
the Crap i fill with a Script and fill until i have 1-2k of these bods.
Then i return and swap with my Crafter book after book and Sort via Scripts runics\Scrolls\Anvils\PoF. Prospectors only when my Bag getting empty for Miner.
All others landing in Trashbarrel.
Then i restart with Sorting and so on.
While i do this cycles i collect with dummy Chars with 30 Skill Bods and they getting in next Sorting Cycle. I did this on a Freeshard for about 2 Months and in End i had about 30 Barbed Kids, More 120 Scrolls, Horned Kits , Anvils and + 10 Hammers i could count. Some Valorite Runics and + 60 BS Skill and a lot of Million Gold Checks.
For Sorting and Filling it exist still a good Script on easyuo.com for Swapping i wrote my own , same for Sorting Bods.
Note:
To know when you can fill an Lbod, i used that Tool on stratics wich can Read txt Files of Bod informations and show you as html sheet what you could fill and get.
Then i use the Bodexporter with OCR from Kal In Ex and let it write my Bods and read it with that tool.
This i did every Cycle after Sorting.
Helps a lot

Crome

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:39:19 AM »
When i was doing this ... I set up X vendors within a reachable distance from my default sitting spot... and dumped all hammers and pics onto those.  I then priced some trivial price.  No one really buys them so thats not an issue and saves on the storage needed.  Otherwise I wouldnt keep them at all.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:38:35 AM »
I recycle everything less than bronze hammer.

I don't save all the bronze hammer, 15 ASH or 20 PS deeds, I only save the chain and ringmail deeds. The plate are not worth the effort IMHO.

I save prospectors and gargoyles axes as an option that shuts off when the storage options fill

I recycle every deed, although I have considered dumping low end shadow iron deeds.  For now I put those in a "low resource" storage book.

You can give anything made of metal back to the NPCs.

EN, I am really digging your idea now that I look at how you set it up.  I may do some experimenting with it.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I think I have got it running the way that I want it to for my personal use...for the most part.

Once it has turned in 100 bods and dropped all of the rewards into the packy.  I'm recalling to my mining house and unloading the prospectors, picks, and garg picks into 4 separate containers there.  Then I'm recalling to my crafting house where it's sorting the dc, shadow, copper, bronze hammers, POF, scrolls, etc into different boxes. 

Next step is to put in a check to see if the boxes are full at the mining house.  If they are full, turn the supplies back into the smith npc. 

Also, not really sure it would be worth it.  But thinking about having it cut up the gloves as I get them. 

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 06:13:52 AM »
This is something i need to start doing again.... 
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: