Author Topic: Runic Mallet and Chisels.  (Read 6725 times)

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Runic Mallet and Chisels.
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:04:46 PM »
I'm just wondering what I should do with all of these things??  Do they have the same runic abilities as their smithing counterpart?

I've accumulated a few hundred of them, and have no idea if I should sell them or to craft with them? 

Any suggestions as to what I should make with the upper end runics?  I'm guessing that the low level ones are only good for making starter stone war swords.  Do people in pvp/pvm even use that sword?  The only gargoyle characters I have are imbuers or throwers, so I'm not sure where to begin with these.

I would appreciate any imput you may have on the subject.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Runic Mallet and Chisels.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 03:51:06 AM »
I'm impressed - a few hundred? wow

Has anyone looked at these to see if relics can be made?

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:28:45 AM »
I honestly don't think anyone has had a significant quantity to even attempt evaluating them.  Those things have never really been taken seriously if you ask me.  There has to be some good use for them.  Or maybe not?

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 06:02:45 AM »
Anyone ever check to see if there is a constant bonus like the mage armor on sami stuff?
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »
If anyone does have some other info on these things, please pipe in. 

But for now, I just grabbed 8 runics to do a mini test with. (2 DC, 2 SH, 1 Bronze, Gold, Aggy, Verite)

They do appear to have the same runic bonus's as runic smith hammers.  But one HUGE drawback.  With 100 Carpentry, the woodworkers bench, and a +26 exceptional bonus tali...I still only have a 45% chance of crafting the sword exceptionally.

@Canuker - Used one of the DC and SH mallets to test armor (Still terrible exceptional chance I should add) and they do not have any special bonus like the sami armor.

@Gimlet - Since there aren't any special recipes, I'm not seeing a sure fire way to produce relics other than using the higher end mallets.  I did get some from the gold-verite runics in various quantities.  I also don't have any colored stone to work with, I'm sure that could help with relics if the same material modifiers are in place for stone items.

First stone war sword I made with a Verite mallet did look like this:

48 Lower Defence
90 Mana Leech
40 Lower Attack
40 Fireball
55 Damage Increase

So, maybe that's what I should use them on.  Though, you might be able to get some pretty crazy armor pieces too.. 

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 08:41:39 AM »
Would be really sweet if you could get some relics out of them hehe...
Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 01:03:25 PM »
If anyone does have some other info on these things, please pipe in. 

But for now, I just grabbed 8 runics to do a mini test with. (2 DC, 2 SH, 1 Bronze, Gold, Aggy, Verite)

They do appear to have the same runic bonus's as runic smith hammers.  But one HUGE drawback.  With 100 Carpentry, the woodworkers bench, and a +26 exceptional bonus tali...I still only have a 45% chance of crafting the sword exceptionally.

@Canuker - Used one of the DC and SH mallets to test armor (Still terrible exceptional chance I should add) and they do not have any special bonus like the sami armor.

@Gimlet - Since there aren't any special recipes, I'm not seeing a sure fire way to produce relics other than using the higher end mallets.  I did get some from the gold-verite runics in various quantities.  I also don't have any colored stone to work with, I'm sure that could help with relics if the same material modifiers are in place for stone items.

First stone war sword I made with a Verite mallet did look like this:

48 Lower Defence
90 Mana Leech
40 Lower Attack
40 Fireball
55 Damage Increase

So, maybe that's what I should use them on.  Though, you might be able to get some pretty crazy armor pieces too.. 

What shard do you play on I have lots of colored stone on the shards I play on regularly.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
What shard do you play on I have lots of colored stone on the shards I play on regularly.

All of the mallets are on Pac.  If you happen to have some there, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

Tags: