Author Topic: I FOUND my way to the forums  (Read 2391 times)

Offline HurleyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Hurley has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
I FOUND my way to the forums
« on: September 16, 2015, 08:14:18 PM »
Alright, I'll quit it with the LOST references. You can call me Hurley (and yes, I am a LOST fan - if people still even remember that show. It's almost as old as UO!).

I've been playing UO for years. I started playing at the time T2A came out and have been playing on and off since then (mostly on). My first shard was Catskills, but I migrated to Great Lakes and Pacific - mostly because some of my friends wanted to move. I started off playing a crafter, but over the years have played most templates at one time or another. Right now you can typically find me on either a sampire, mystic mage, or bard. While writing this now I'm missing the days of playing my thief at Brit Cemetery on Pac when GL was down. Unfortunately I haven't played a thief like that in over a decade...

I've been taking some programming classes recently, and now all of the repetitive tasks in UO that I once enjoyed (like mining and training blacksmithy - which was how I spent 100's of hours when I first started playing) seems like a waste of time, when a computer can do that. So I'm looking forward to experimenting with some scripts. I have a few ideas of what I want to do with IDOCs and "farming" in dungeons.

Anyways that's my introduction. I'm looking forward to getting my feet wet with some coding. If there's anything else you want to know about me please feel free to ask (I don't think I'll be sharing any measurements though :P).

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: I FOUND my way to the forums
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 09:06:06 AM »
Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »
Welcome!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline HurleyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Hurley has no influence.
  • Respect: +3