Author Topic: Mining Saltpeter  (Read 12622 times)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mining Saltpeter
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 04:26:25 PM »
Yeah, that's what I mean.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline smokinjoe26

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • smokinjoe26 has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 05:58:52 AM »
thank you much for the ID's.  i used the info to add my own sub in on a recall miner.  i had a general question reguarding mining saltpeter.  do other folks here notice much difference in timing with mining saltpeter vs. regular ore?  other than writing a short script to unlock paragon chests.  this was my second, semi-effective, script writing attempt.

Offline kubism

• Activity:
    0%
  • kubism has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:02 AM »
I'm trying to add the salt peter ID's to a mining script so it will mine the deposits, but I have no idea where to start.. can someone please point me to the right direction?

Once the niter deposit appears, it triggers a message in the journal. I'm thinking there is some way to monitor that message and if the message shows up, then the script looks for the deposit item types and mine it?

Offline smokinjoe26

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
Once the niter deposit appears, it triggers a message in the journal. I'm thinking there is some way to monitor that message and if the message shows up, then the script looks for the deposit item types and mine it?
kubism,

I'm not sure how new you are at scripting.  i have only been doing it for about 3 months and i was able to add in my own, fairly unreliable, niter mining sub.  i added it in on spewy's recall miner.  it seemed to be the easiest for me to understand.  much of what is in there i do not yet understand.  i have a tougher time following along in my head with the always-changing %variables.   

this one line will put the niter in the #find areas:

finditem WGH_VGH_RGH_QGH_BHH G_2

from there on out you can target accordingly.
i have had my variation of the miner script run all day.  i personally had a tougher time getting my script to leave my cheesy sub loop.

good luck fellow newbie scripter kubism

Offline kubism

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »
Ty for the reply, I'm pretty new at scripting, but I understand some basic programming, so I have some ideas in mind, just wasn't sure how to go about doing the actions. I'll take a look at the script you mentioned, and hopefully be able to figure it out.

Really appreciate the help.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 09:30:26 PM by kubism »

Offline smokinjoe26

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »
not a problem.  You will be able to set your #ltargetid variable to the #findid of the niter you found.   don't forget to set #ltargetkind #findkind also.  without the #ltargetkind it does not appear to work well.  not sure why but remember reading this somewhere in addition to trial/error.  if you have programming experience then you should breeze right thru this stuff.  for me this is sorta like learning french or german.  and i got a D in both of those in high school.

Offline kubism

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »
So i've loaded up Spewy's script, and tried to add the subs. I can't for the life of me figure out where to add the subs. I guess my past experiences in VB has failed me.. been too long since I've last did anything.  smokinjoe26, do you mind posting your variation so I can take a look at how the editing is done?

thank you.

Offline Macrophage

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Macrophage has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2011, 03:41:20 AM »
If it can help when saltpeter pops it s always on first attempt per 8*8 inside dungeons, with approximately 5% chance per 8*8. That chance will reset every 5 minutes. On boat mining, there is a chance every swing, but it s around 1.25% (gm mining and 750 luck).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 04:19:16 AM by Macrophage »

Tags: